Are you free in Canada?

bjre

Yes, and...? Surely you're not implying that the arrests last Saturday and Sunday should cause me to now believe democracy, human rights, and justice have all ended in Canada. I asked for an example of mass arrest without due cause.

Arrests took place because a law was passed on June 2nd to grant police special powers. We now know that there were no special powers granted to police. This is the part I have a huge problem with.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. But to pay the cost of getting rid of them in the liberties we enjoy is too high a price.

Perhaps the rest of the protesters that are Canadian citizens should be deputized, and then they can arrest the goons. Might be good for the malcontents to sit on the other side of the fence, no?

I'd gladly see laws passed allowing other protesters to bash in the brains of the Black Bloc thugs.

After reading some of the stuff here ,it reminds me of a group QAIA Queers against isreali apartied, they stand up for the very people that would hang them the minute the got their hands on them, and where do gays in the middle east head to ,to be able to live in peace, Isreal. It seems to me that everybody in getting on board to blame Isreal for everything, just like harper is now bLamed for everything, even now I am reading there is no black bloc , but they are our own secrutiy forces dressing up like that. On another board they are saying the people that burned the police cars were actually TO PD.

Edited by PIK

Welcome to our wonderful forum. They don't like you because you speak broken english, and are probably chinese and you put down our fine democracy. Thats why they like to throw china in your face.

The moronic nature of his illiterate postings has something to do with it, ya know.

Perhaps the rest of the protesters that are Canadian citizens should be deputized, and then they can arrest the goons. Might be good for the malcontents to sit on the other side of the fence, no?

I'd gladly see laws passed allowing other protesters to bash in the brains of the Black Bloc thugs.

Though it is in a rather rough form as you have stated it, I think something along those lines would be infinitely better than your earlier proposition to shoot them full of holes. I would not, however, use it as a way to workaround the law so that the " police " could be brutal.

The primary point of such a law would be do allow the public to show their displeasure and to malcontents, as a way to ostracize them, not to beat up said malcontents (though I am sure some people would get the point more " forcefully " than others). Such a scheme I think, to be most effective, should include strict rules prohibiting police from trying to influence the public to use their lawful powers, because if it were to just turn into a cover for police, then the malcontents would just start thinking of all other protesters as colluders and dupes, instead of a group with genuine ire, and the social effect of it would be lost.

After reading some of the stuff here ,it reminds me of a group QAIA Queers against isreali apartied, they stand up for the very people that would hang them the minute the got their hands on them...

Exactly how many people did protesters kill this weekend?

Though it is in a rather rough form as you have stated it, I think something along those lines would be infinitely better than your earlier proposition to shoot them full of holes. I would not, however, use it as a way to workaround the law so that the " police " could be brutal.

The primary point of such a law would be do allow the public to show their displeasure and to malcontents, as a way to ostracize them, not to beat up said malcontents (though I am sure some people would get the point more " forcefully " than others). Such a scheme I think, to be most effective, should include strict rules prohibiting police from trying to influence the public to use their lawful powers, because if it were to just turn into a cover for police, then the malcontents would just start thinking of all other protesters as colluders and dupes, instead of a group with genuine ire, and the social effect of it would be lost.

The Black Bloc doesn't give a crap about ostracism. They know they're pretty universally disliked. What the malcontents need is long prison sentences, not dour looks. The real problem is that a good many protest leaders simply think the Black Bloc and other anarchists are a bit extreme, disapproving of the methods, but not the sentiment.

The vote is a much more useful power than marching up and down the square for two days. The only thing more irrelevant and idiotic than the protesters are the meetings themselves.

The vote is a much more useful power than marching up and down the square for two days. The only thing more irrelevant and idiotic than the protesters are the meetings themselves.

There is no single political act or power that is enough to preserve democracy in the face of adversity.

There is no single political act or power that is enough to preserve democracy in the face of adversity.

What adversity? It's a two-day photo op for politicians.

Are you seriously claiming that being a shouting, whining semi-coherent malcontent on the streets during a G8/G20 meeting has somehow preserved my vote? You guys are a laughing stock. Most of you don't even seem to have a coherent message, and when it is, it's usually absurd.

What adversity? It's a two-day photo op for politicians.

Are you seriously claiming that being a shouting, whining semi-coherent malcontent on the streets during a G8/G20 meeting has somehow preserved my vote? You guys are a laughing stock. Most of you don't even seem to have a coherent message, and when it is, it's usually absurd.

Do not be dense. You do not let people take away your rights because you are not currently in need of them. The right to protest does not exist for the sake of the G20, though it may allow them to make fools of themselves during it.

Do not be dense. You do not let people take away your rights because you are not currently in need of them. The right to protest does not exist for the sake of the G20, though it may allow them to make fools of themselves during it.

No one was banned from protesting. The protesters don't serve my interests. They don't even really serve theirs. They, like the political leaders at the meeting, are there simply because it affords photo ops. For the politicians, its photo ops of mooching up to each other holding up agreements decided on weeks or months prior. For the protesters, it's to wave banners, shout a lot and make rude noises. The whole thing is like a summer camp.

Which has nothing to do with mass arrests without cause.

Part of the game professional protesters play is escalation of outrages. They seem to believe that the right to protest means the right to protest anywhere they bloody well feel. While I have little enough sympathy for the G8/G20 leaders, the fact is that these are, deservedly or otherwise, important people who are at risk from a number of security threats. As well, there's this notion that just because one has the right to speak, that that automatically means one has the right to force others to listen. At any rate, by turning limitations on where and when they can protest into this incredible tales of tyrannical attacks on liberties, they hope to paint themselves as selfless saints and the police, who are in fact paid to maintain public order, as violent storm troopers.

I saw footage last night of all sorts of incredible and obviously false claims, like gang rapes and beatings. A lot of these protest leaders, like most leaders, are pretty much artful liars who work under a philosophy that the ends justify the means. That they are every bit as despicable as the political leaders they work against doesn't seem to bother them. I suspect this is why, in a nutshell, most revolutionaries ultimately become as bad or much worse than the corrupt and dictatorial regimes they overthrow, they're really both cut from the same cloth.

At any rate, I saw no meaningful indication of any violations of civil liberties. That I can't protest my neighbors actions by standing in his bedroom at 2am shouting at the top of my lungs hardly means I'm somehow no longer able to speak.

• 4 months later...

Which has nothing to do with mass arrests without cause.

Actually it has everything to do with the mass arrests without cause. That seems to be the point many are missing here. This was a huge abuse of police powers. People were arrested under emergency powers that were never granted to the police. Even then the news reports tell you this is the case, people still don't believe it.

I kind of enjoyed the show. Too bad the police didn't confiscate the protester's property as well. They do that to folks who don't even leave their homes. On the orders of some liberal bureaucrat. Never mind protesting and vandalizing.

Finally someone elses turn for a change and this time for good reason. The city vandals deserve what they got :)

No cause? My foot.

People were arrested under emergency powers that were never granted to the police. Even then the news reports tell you this is the case, people still don't believe it.

Some people were arrested per the non-existent invokation of the Public Works Act (a pretty dubious practice, I agree). The majority, though, were, as I've come to understand it, held on charges of public mischief and the like, which permit detention for up to 24 hours.

Oh, you mean that innocent woman resisting arrest?

That is the robbery western logic. Arrest for no reason, if refuse then charge assault cops. Just like US did in Korea.

Jean-Paul Sartre gave accurate description of western culture: "Hell Is Other People", this is the fundamental of all western laws. The evilness of the laws is the root reason the high crime rate. The system don't focus on how to improve the society, it focus on revenge. So it inevitably often revenge to wrong people. And it shows western human right is such a lie.

The following shows what a fascist system it is.

Bonds, a theatrical makeup artist with no criminal record, was stopped by police in September 2008 while walking home from an after-hours party following a live musical performance downtown.

The police officers ran her name through the system. When nothing came up they told her to go home.

When she asked why she had been stopped in the first place, police arrested her and took her to police headquarters, where she was put in a jail cell where she remained topless and in soiled pants for three hours and 15 minutes before being given a jailhouse jumpsuit.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/learned+rights+says+victim+stripped+Ottawa+police/3896315/story.html#ixzz16bcNb34F

Edited by bjre

Care to prove that?

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/learned+rights+says+victim+stripped+Ottawa+police/3896315/story.html#ixzz16bcNb34F

Bonds, a theatrical makeup artist with no criminal record, was stopped by police in September 2008 while walking home from an after-hours party following a live musical performance downtown.

The police officers ran her name through the system. When nothing came up they told her to go home.

When
she asked why she had been stopped in the first place, police arrested her and took her to police headquarters
, where she was put in a jail cell where she remained topless and in soiled pants for three hours and 15 minutes before being given a jailhouse jumpsuit.

When she asked why she had been stopped in the first place, police arrested her and took her to police headquarters, where she was put in a jail cell where she remained topless and in soiled pants for three hours and 15 minutes before being given a jailhouse jumpsuit.[/i][/indent]

No, that's just one person's version of the story. I asked for proof.

No, that's just one person's version of the story. I asked for proof.

That is the evilness of the western system. They control the mainstream media. And hide every evilness they made. When anything can not be hide they just say no proof. This is the reason why thousands native kids can be killed in Residential schools.

Edited by bjre

That is the evilness of the western system. They control the mainstream media.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

As I thought, you've no proof for the claim you made.

I think the main point here is: even if you feel you're being detained for the wrong reason, physically resisting the four or five officers around you is not the way to obtain freedom. Consult a lawyer.

[sp]

Edited by g_bambino

Good grief. :rolleyes:

As I thought, you've no proof for the claim you made.

I think the main point here is: even if you feel you're being detained for the wrong reason, physically resisting the four or five officers around you is not the way to obtain freedom. Consult a lawyer.

[sp]

So normal people are just slaves, should be abused, let the law bully them? The western evil culture. The human right lie.