Ottawa knew of torture

Topaz

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the real question is who gives a rats @^%$?? .......i certainly

don t lose a bit of sleep knowing that Al Qaeda or Taliban are getting tortured ...

and i could careless as i am sure as others what Ottawa knew or when they knew it!

Torture the vermin for useful info then dispose of them is exactly how this war should

be fought!

don t lose a bit of sleep knowing that Al Qaeda or Taliban are getting tortured ...

So what you're saying is that you're in fact little better than them. Interesting.

So what you're saying is that you're in fact little better than them. Interesting.

Ah.........another idiotic comparison........well ok i will set you straight!!

First the Taliban and Al Qaeda kill innocent people or non believers,

they kill and torture their hostages..people who want no part in any of this!

They try to force their evil belief's on to everyone and plan to kill anyone who

will not convert to Islam!

Second their aim is to bring down western Governments and our way of life

and replace it with their stupid Sharia law and well we all know the brutality

of that!!

I on the other hand wish no harm on any innocent people or anyone wishing

to live their life in peace and get along with others.... however as for the vermin

i mentioned above? why the heck would any half intelligent person wish them anything

but to disappear???.....i have no symphathy and FULLY support any means to extract info

and destroy these creatures using whatever it takes...nobody said war was pretty!

Opinions are coming out of how was warned and probably knew about the torturing going on in Afghanistan and how they are trying to cover it up to the public under "national security". http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...ub=TopStoriesV2

Bet you wont hear about this from the Liberals becuase they knew it was going on as well before they were kicked out. Red Conservatives, Blue Conservatives at least the NDP has had the right ideas on this war all along. Consistently right.

and i could careless as i am sure as others what Ottawa knew or when they knew it!

Torture the vermin for useful info then dispose of them is exactly how this war should

be fought!

Its not about whether these people deserve to be tortured or not, its about trusting our own government to operate in a transparent manner, and respect its own laws. If Canada is going to be involved in torture and torture is justified then lets have a national discussion about that, and do whatever we are gonna do in the open.

I dont buy the idea of giving any government a free pass simply because they invoke national security. Only a sycophant would be swayed by that fallacious argument.

They try to force their evil belief's on to everyone and plan to kill anyone who

of that!!

to live their life in peace and get along with others.... however as for the vermin

i mentioned above? why the heck would any half intelligent person wish them anything

but to disappear???.....i have no symphathy and FULLY support any means to extract info

and destroy these creatures using whatever it takes...nobody said war was pretty!

:lol::blink:

Its not about whether these people deserve to be tortured or not, its about trusting our own government to operate in a transparent manner, and respect its own laws. If Canada is going to be involved in torture and torture is justified then lets have a national discussion about that, and do whatever we are gonna do in the open.

I actually agree.................torture them out in the open??

i have no problem with that at all!!

Just remember if western soldiers are captured and tortured you'll be the first NOT to be against it! The truth is McKay and O'Connor had to know about it and they are saying they didn't and if they didn't I suppose their Parliamentary Secetary's didn't know either, right? Yeah right!

to live their life in peace and get along with others....

I'll bet you support policies that see many non-violent innocent cannabis users caged like animals though don't you? To me that seems likes you ARE willing to torture people who are just wishing to live their life in peace and get along with others. Seems like you are willing to use force and torture to make other people behave the way YOU believe they should, no matter how they may feel about it. You are no different than the taliban, you are just motivated by a different religion/mindset.

Just remember if western soldiers are captured and tortured you'll be the first NOT to be against it!

Any western soldier captured is as good as dead. We already know that the Taliban and Al Quada murder all prisoners taken.

It's interesting that we see, again, the usual suspects here panting frantically to paint the government and military as evil for not protecting Islamist terrorists from their own government.

The same people who yawn and shrug and could not care less when Islamist terrorist kill Jews or kill westerners are up in arms at the thought that we handed over terrorist suspects to their own government rather than bringing them back to Canada and hosting and celebrating them as they would wish.

Any western soldier captured is as good as dead. We already know that the Taliban and Al Quada murder all prisoners taken.

It's interesting that we see, again, the usual suspects here panting frantically to paint the government and military as evil for not protecting Islamist terrorists from their own government.

The same people who yawn and shrug and could not care less when Islamist terrorist kill Jews or kill westerners are up in arms at the thought that we handed over terrorist suspects to their own government rather than bringing them back to Canada and hosting and celebrating them as they would wish.

I care when anyone suffers, I think we have the same goals but different ways to get there. I don't think you should be painting those who are against torture with such board strokes. We follow the rules because we fight for the rules not the other way around.

I care when anyone suffers, I think we have the same goals but different ways to get there. I don't think you should be painting those who are against torture with such board strokes. We follow the rules because we fight for the rules not the other way around.

I paint them the way I see them, as being against torture...... mmmmm sometimes.

They're REALLY against it when they can link a government they don't like to it, like the tories, or the Israelis, or the Americans. When the torture is being conducted by anyone else, well, no big deal. Nothing to see here. Move on, please. Move on. Go over there and see what the dirty Jews are doing.

You didn't do any such thing. You support torture and by our standards in the western world, torture is supposed to be wrong....and it is wrong. You and Ignatieff would probably get along good though.

They're REALLY against it when they can link a government they don't like to it, like the tories, or the Israelis, or the Americans. When the torture is being conducted by anyone else, well, no big deal. Nothing to see here. Move on, please. Move on. Go over there and see what the dirty Jews are doing.

You are SO right. I'm still waiting for them to condemn their hero Fidel Castro. Who has people locked up and tortured for political dissidents. Instead, they just praise his so-called universal healthcare, like that fat slob of a hypocrite Michael Moore. It's pretty disgusting.

You are SO right.

No, sorry, you're wrong. Torture and murder and so many other things are always wrong, no matter the perpetrators. The difference is that some of us believe that everyon should be held to the same standards...both Israel and Palestine for example.

Damn straight! If torturing some of those bags of crap prevents even just one girl from having acid thrown in their face for simply walking to school, then so be it.

Damn straight! If torturing some of those bags of crap prevents even just one girl from having acid thrown in their face for simply walking to school, then so be it.

And then how far do we go after that? Do we become them to stop them? Do we sacrifice what makes us different in order to presever what makes us different?

There are lines, that should never be crossed, and unfortunately, we seem to have forgotten that.

You are SO right. I'm still waiting for them to condemn their hero Fidel Castro. Who has people locked up and tortured for political dissidents. Instead, they just praise his so-called universal healthcare, like that fat slob of a hypocrite Michael Moore. It's pretty disgusting.

Yep it was wrong. Any torture is wrong Shady. Although there is a difference between Castro and Cuba.

of that!!

Agreed... as to the reason we fight them. No question about it, we must fight extremism because it is a threat to us.

This is not so much why we fight, but how we fight. I generally oppose torture, but if you've got some little bastard who knows something, or who killed a bunch of people and won't talk, you wont see too much sympathy from me if they are executed.

But I would be concerned if they had the wrong person, and thought that they knew something and tortured/ killed them. So we need to have some provisions to safeguards against that possible error. There has to be reasonable evidence. Maybe approval from an outside authority, and reasonable limits to what can be done. There has to be constant monitoring, so that people are not abused or forgotten about. Otherwise we might end up back in the spanish inquisition.

You are SO right. I'm still waiting for them to condemn their hero Fidel Castro. Who has people locked up and tortured for political dissidents.

Christ on a stick. Look, I condemn Fidel Castro and every other bastard who either locks people up and tortures them or looks the other way when they do.

Now, are you still with your bastard Karzai and the Canadian bastards that looked the other way when he locked up the prisoners of war we captured and tortured them?

$10 says you are.

Hypocrite.

I'll bet you support policies that see many non-violent innocent cannabis users caged like animals though don't you? To me that seems likes you ARE willing to torture people who are just wishing to live their life in peace and get along with others. Seems like you are willing to use force and torture to make other people behave the way YOU believe they should, no matter how they may feel about it. You are no different than the taliban, you are just motivated by a different religion/mindset.

How smoking pot got mixed into this is beyond me.... :lol:

however i could careless if people smoke pot that is their business!

people who are trying to kill us and our families because we don t follow

some idiotic violent religion is a different matter! Our Government as well as

other western Governments should do whatever with whatever to wipe

these animals off the planet!

An e-mail I received a while ago, pretty much sums up how I feel too.

Written by a housewife in New Brunswick , to her local newspaper. This is

one ticked off lady.

'Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not

started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001 and

have continually threatened to do so since?

Were people from all over the world, not brutally murdered that day, in

downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from the nation's capitol and in a

field in Pennsylvania ?

Did nearly thr ee thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning

or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a few Taliban were claiming to be tortured

by a justice system of the nation they come from and are fighting against in

a brutal insurgency.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for

incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start

caring about the Holy Bible, the mere belief of which is a crime punishable by

beheading in Afghanistan.

I'll care when these thugs tell the world they are sorry for hacking off

Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called 'insurgents' in Afghanistan come out

and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding

in Mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blows themselves up in search of

nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide

bombs.

I'll care when the Canadian media stops pretending that their freedom of

speech on stories is more important than the lives of the=2 0soldiers on the

ground or their families waiting a home to hear about them when something

happens.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a CANADIAN soldier roughing up

an Insurgent terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to

move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank . I

don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and

fed 'special' food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that

his holy book is being 'mishandled,' you can absolutely believe in your

heart of hearts: I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled 'Koran' and

other times 'Quran.' Well, Jimmy Crack Corn you guessed it, I don't care!!

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends

sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous

behaviour!

If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button. Should you

choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed

by radical Muslims happen here in our great country!

And may I add:

'Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference

in the world. But, the soldiers don't have that problem.'

I have another quote that I would like to add, AND.......I hope you

forward all this.

One last thought for the day:

Only five defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. Jesus Christ

2. The Canadian Soldier..

3. The British Soldier.

4. The US Soldier, and

5. The Australian Soldier

One died for your soul, the other 4 for your freedom.