Time to cut down immigration?

Once again, it's NOT race!

It's culture! Often a particular culture may be made up mostly of members of the same race but that really isn't relevant. Raise a Jamaican child in a Scottish family and you will get a child of Scottish, not island, culture.

How would you explain the physiological differences(Less brain surface area, thicker and heavier bone and mucle, ape-like face structure)? Difference in level of hormones?

Genetics have clearly shown us that there are genes that makes one particular group of people superior over another.

Whether you classify such differences as "race" is another thing, but the difference is there whether you like it or not.

Edited by Thomas Kwon

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How would you explain the physiological differences(Less brain surface area, thicker and heavier bone and mucle, ape-like face structure)? Difference in level of hormones?

Ape like is a relative subjective descripter. Many Koreans and Chinese have flat simian faces while Japanese don't. Now of course there would be no point arguing that the Japanese aren't vastly superior to the rest...

Guest TrueMetis

All those thing change from person to person more than they do from population to population. As for ape-like face structure all humans are apes, period.

Genetics have clearly shown us that there are genes that makes one particular group of people superior over another.

Whether you classify such differences as "race" is another thing, but the difference is there whether you like it or not.

They might make one person superior at one thing but show me one thing that only people of a certain "race" are good at.

People don't yell out racism when I say white people fall behind Asians in academics, and when I say white people fall behind blacks in strength. But when I mention that white people are superior than blacks in academics and that white people are superior than asians in strength (in general my friends. individual exceptions do exist), people cry racism.

You just said there are exceptions, you can't make such broad generalizations.

When you see certain groups of people unable to build and sustain civilizations and utilize techonology to better their lives on their own, why do they deserve it to have it spoon fed to them? Evolution has not developed blacks to be in civilized socieities, but rather in small self-sufficient communities based on kinship not with farming, but hunter-gathering. It marvels me how Africa has the world's most fertile lands and minerals, but they still receive international welfare... If Mongolians or Chinese had Africa as their homeland, they would have taken over the world.

Bullshit there were dozens of civilization in Africa. Zulu nation ring any bells?

White liberals disgust me. They support un-evolved people (negroids and austroloids, and any other ethnic groups with high genetic markers of negroids and austroloids), encourage those vile savages to produce offsprings with the evolved kind... Hundreds of thousands of year's evolution have developed groups of people to best fit their environment.

By mixing blood of very evolved people with early form of homo sapiens, you're going against the nature's direction of evolution because you're essentially producing "de-evolved" offsprings.

Every group of people has alot of genetic markers in common with people in Africa, I don't know if you relize this but people only arrived in Europe 30000 years ago not enough time to evolve as much as you seem to make them out to have evolved. Evolution doesn't have a direction and there is no such thing as "de-evolving"

Canada owes NOTHING to immigrants. Unless they have shown the capacity to function in democratic societies at Canada's level, then they should not be admitted. Having an IQ that matches the Canadian average as a requirement is a surefire way to make sure no retards end up in this wonderful country.

Canada owes everything to immigrants... Immigrant. And IQ doesn't mean shit.

My parents immigrated here because they had the skill and the capital to offer to Canada. We purchased a 450k house and 40k car with cash, and never did we collect welfare checks, food stamps, etc, that many "immigrants" receive.

Many people who have lived in Canada their entire life and can trace their family in Canada a lot farther than yours use those things.

If you're going to come to Canada, collect welfare checks, default on mortgages, work low-end labor jobs.. You shouldn't be here.

That would involve kicking out a lot of europeans who's families have been here for hundreds of years.

Go back to wherever the hell you came from I don't want scumbags like you in MY country.

Edited by TrueMetis

Are you suggesting that members of a particular race are all consistent and homogenous with certain racial characteristics? Really?

And how do you define 'superior'? Scientifically and not as a personal value judgement?

I'm beginning to suspect there are people from the Human Rights Commissions trolling on this board. It has been reported often enough in the media that HRC employees have been doing this to be considered proven. If the HRC can't find enough racism to justify their existence and their methods then they go out as trolls and try to spark it!

Go back to wherever the hell you came from I don't want scumbags like you in MY country.

Your country? There was no "native country" before Europeans came. Only scattered small self sufficient villages

Also, our family pays more tax than most Canadians, and we have Canadian citizenship(no other citizenship). So this country is as much mine as it is yours.

It means they didn't have a written language. They had a graven form of pictographs that was made exclusively for the gods and priests. No Gilgamesh, no Iliad, no Ramayana....no stories that could be written down
it is a written language just as chinese is a written language just because it is completely different than how you comprehend a written language doesn't make it not so...now go tell the chinese they don't have written language...written chinese is logosyllabic as is Mayan

and yes the Mayan written language was full of their own Gilgamesh and Iliads, how arrogant of you...and they had a written language well before northern Europeans...

No your daughter can't read it. She can interpret it to the best of her ability, but no one can read it. You would be unable to transcribe James Joyce in Mayan hieroglyphs
yes people can read it, my daughter is learning but her prof does read it...
I've never heard of ancient roman..is it like Latin? Ancient Greek? A literate modern greek can read the Odessy.

Was there a point for that brain fart?

the point "Just glyphs carved in rock that the anscetors of those who etched them cannot read"

modern Greeks cannot read ancient Greek, Linear B(ancient greek) wasn't deciphered until the 1950's by a couple of Englishmen...ancient Roman(Latin) is not modern Italian...speaking Italian in Rome does not mean being able to read Latin just few Canadians can read or speck old English...

I would love to see the study that show they can biologically determine race, to bad it doesn't exsist.

As for the the natives in Canada "that seem to be obsessed with worshipping nature, getting high, being lazy, and living in huts." let's see how long you would live out on the plains with you 99th percentile IQ.

ya answer this...you're stranded in northern Saskatchewan mid-winter after a plane crash and it's -40, who do you want to be among the other survivors Kwon with IQ or one of the boys from the Montreal Lake Reserve...did you take more than a millisecond to come up with an answer?

Your country? There was no "native country" before Europeans came. Only scattered small self sufficient villages

Also, our family pays more tax than most Canadians, and we have Canadian citizenship(no other citizenship). So this country is as much mine as it is yours.

Your historical ignorance of Canada is astounding...and you're a citizen????

I don't even want to bother starting on genetics with you there is no shared knowledge base to begin a discussion, I'm guessing you're in what grade 9, 10 or 11, I think genetics begins in grade 12...

Your historical ignorance of Canada is astounding...and you're a citizen????

I don't even want to bother starting on genetics with you there is no shared knowledge base to begin a discussion, I'm guessing you're in what grade 9, 10 or 11, I think genetics begins in grade 12...

I'm in grade 12, 90's student in both history and biology.

it is a written language just as chinese is a written language just because it is completely different than how you comprehend a written language doesn't make it not so...now go tell the chinese they don't have written language...written chinese is logosyllabic as is Mayan

False on so many levels. Where is the great Mayan epic? Where is the nuance? Is there even a word nuance in Mayan rock literature?

and yes the Mayan written language was full of their own Gilgamesh and Iliads, how arrogant of you...and they had a written language well before northern Europeans...

Where is the Mayan Epic?

yes people can read it, my daughter is learning but her prof does read it...

Of course she is (pats wyly on the head)

modern Greeks cannot read ancient Greek, Linear B(ancient greek) wasn't deciphered until the 1950's by a couple of Englishmen...

Try the 19th century....what is found in linear b is not considered ancient greek but mycenian greek. The differnce between modern greek and ancient greek is like modern elnglish and chacers english.

ancient Roman(Latin) is not modern Italian...speaking Italian in Rome does not mean being able to read Latin just few Canadians can read or speck old English...

Never said it was...nice try though.

Are you suggesting that members of a particular race are all consistent and homogenous with certain racial characteristics? Really?

And how do you define 'superior'? Scientifically and not as a personal value judgement?

I'm beginning to suspect there are people from the Human Rights Commissions trolling on this board. It has been reported often enough in the media that HRC employees have been doing this to be considered proven. If the HRC can't find enough racism to justify their existence and their methods then they go out as trolls and try to spark it!

oh so witty.

False on so many levels. Where is the great Mayan epic? Where is the nuance? Is there even a word nuance in Mayan rock literature?
where is the word for "deftig" in the english language does it even have a naunce in english, no it does not...
Where is the Mayan Epic?
where is the iliad I've never read it, have you read the Mayan Popu Voh ?..Mayan hero twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque against the Lords of Night and the power of the underworld...I've haven't read that either but there it is the Mayan equivalent of the Iliad...
Of course she is (pats wyly on the head)
a childish remarks just makes you look...childish
Try the 19th century....what is found in linear b is not considered ancient greek but mycenian greek. The differnce between modern greek and ancient greek is like modern elnglish and chacers english.
that's like saying Quebecois and Parisian french aren't the same language....mycenian greek is....GREEK

Linear B by Michael Ventris credited with decoding Linear B 1954...that's 20th century...

got anymore brain farts you want disasembled???

Edited by wyly

I'm in grade 12, 90's student in both history and biology.

hmmm... I got high 90's in history, never studied...

biology 98 average, it would have been 100 but I got deductions for crap spelling...100 in the genetics section :D never studied for that either...

and my daughters who are citizens took the Canadian Citizenship exam in high school...failed...where as I the immigrant dad passed...

Edited by wyly

Guest TrueMetis

Your ignorance astounds me. what pray tell would you call the landmass before euro's came? What would you call the individual territories of the First Nations? Check the definition of a nation I think you will find that their were many in North America hence why they are called First Nations now.

oh and to hell with you biology and history, those are some of the easiest classes you can take, no one studies for those.

where is the word for "deftig" in the english language does it even have a naunce in english, no it does not...

where is the iliad I've never read it, have you read the Mayan Popu Voh ?..Mayan hero twins Hunahpu and Xbalanque against the Lords of Night and the power of the underworld...I've haven't read that either but there it is the Mayan equivalent of the Iliad...

Yes...how interesting you should mention that. Pray tell, show the mayan original, written mayan. You might have difficulty though, considering there never was a Popu Voh written in mayan using the mayan characters.

The differnce between modern greek and ancient greek is like modern elnglish and chacers english.

that's like saying Quebecois and Parisian french aren't the same language....mycenian greek is....GREEK

It is also often estimated that the historical changes have been relatively slight compared with some other languages. According to one estimation, "Homeric Greek is probably closer to demotic than twelfth-century Middle English is to modern spoken English."[10] Ancient Greek texts, especially from Biblical Koine onwards, are thus relatively easy to understand for educated modern speakers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_languag...oss_its_history

Sorry, you lose.

Which isn't that great. The chief obstacle to reading Middle English is spelling. The language had lost a lot of inflection by that point. You could have conversed with Chaucer. Some of the pronunciation would have been odd, but it's probably the anachronisms that would nail you more than anything else.

Well Anglo-Saxon certainly was. And it doesn't take that much work to understand it (you do have to get used to noun inflection, which is something that has all but disappeared now). Harder than say, Middle English or Early Modern, but still it's English.

Not one that could be understood by anyone except a scholar, while the Greek spoken during the time of Augustuscan be read by a Greek today much like a Canadian could read Piers poughman

Example. Piers Ploughman 14th century middle english

1In a somer sesun, whon softe was the sonne,

2I schop me into a shroud, as I a scheep were;

3In habite as an hermite unholy of werkes

4Wente I wyde in this world wondres to here;

5Bote in a Mayes morwnynge on Malverne hulles

And then Beowulf in anglo saxon 8th century

Hwæt! We Gardena in geardagum,

þeodcyninga, þrym gefrunon,

hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon.

Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum

And Anglo Saxon from the 6th century

nu scylun hergan

hefaenricaes uard

metudæs maecti

end his modgidanc

uerc uuldurfadur

swe he uundra gihwaes

eci dryctin

or astelidæ

While one is recognisibly English, the others are unrecognisable. A Modern greek would not be able to read Mycenian Greek anymore that we can read Caedmon, but they can read Kione Greek like we can read William Langland.

Argus,

You didn't ask for evidence. You stated that opposition to immigration was due to racism. You might not consider that name-alling, but I certainly do.

I don't think I stated that, but I may have. I probably inferred it at least. And that's because I discuss these things with people Like Jerry Seinfeld and Mr. Canada who post an argument, then switch it slightly, then run away.

In particular, there's the "we can't afford immigration" argument, which ends up (sometimes) with a call for higher wages in Canada. There's also the "this religion causes problems" argument, which is unprovable even if it's well argued, which it almost never is.

You've come as close to any of them of providing a solid argument, however you can't separate cultural and religious influences so the banning of certain religions is not rationally supported. The economic argument would require someone to submit an alternative economic model, and unfortunately for you is state-control seems to be the only other option.