Is opposing Obama racist?

Bullshit.

You're mistaken. The only slavery in Canada was among United Empire Loyalists from the U.S. Those were soon freed, however.

Otherwise, the only slavery was among Aboriginals before European contact.

That wouldn't exactly count as being "in Canada," though, because it predates "Canada" by centuries.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're mistaken. The only slavery in Canada was among United Empire Loyalists from the U.S. Those were soon freed, however.

Otherwise, the only slavery was among Aboriginals before European contact.

That wouldn't exactly count as being "in Canada," though, because it predates "Canada" by centuries.

Nope...there were slaves in Canada irrespective of the fleeing "loyalists", as if that matters in the least.

Black slaves lived in the British regions of Canada in the 17th and 18th centuries — 104 were listed in a 1767 census of Nova Scotia — but their numbers were small until the Loyalist influx after 1783. As white Loyalists fled the new American Republic, they took with them about 2000 black slaves: 1200 to the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island), 300 to Lower Canada (Quebec), and 500 to Upper Canada (Ontario). As in New France, Loyalist slaves were held in small numbers and were employed as domestic servants, farm hands, and skilled artisans.

Overt "racism" would continue in many forms, from immigration law, voting, internments, expulsions, and unsettled land claims. Canada was part of the royal club, whether you believe it or not.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Opposing Obama is not racists - it is much worse than that - If you oppose him it is because he is humanly inferiour - has a tiny little brain and big ears, and represents the status quo consisting of fat white pirates that rule America...If Obama looked exactly what he looks like but had white skin - it would be worry some _ He is not the cream of the black crop in American society - There are many more bright and powerful black men in America who ARE fit to rule - Obama is the runt of the liter. BUT then again so was Bush _ maybe that's what the pirates want?

......There are many more bright and powerful black men in America who ARE fit to rule - Obama is the runt of the liter. BUT then again so was Bush _ maybe that's what the pirates want?

Either way, it doesn't matter if Canadians need to worry about the elected American president in any form he/she may take. Children of a lesser god?

Either way, it doesn't matter if Canadians need to worry about the elected American president in any form he/she may take. Children of a lesser god?

Hey if big brother has some faults then we are going to point if the opportunity arises! You folks did well hiding a very corrupt and complex system of government for decades...now your ass is bare to the world - and the king has no clothes. Never read Children of a lesser god...but I assume that fools world wide imagine that we have mulitiple gods to choose from. I can tell you one thing BC, and that's the fact that the whole game has come to an end and you for one are obsolete..along with your nation - and hopefully Canada might realize that they are yesterdays news also - welcome to the Brave New World - that I read.

.... I can tell you one thing BC, and that's the fact that the whole game has come to an end and you for one are obsolete..along with your nation - and hopefully Canada might realize that they are yesterdays news also - welcome to the Brave New World - that I read.

Well, if you score it like that, Canada was born after the USA and ceased to exist as a sovereign long ago. America has no "big brother", and never had such a subordinate mindset.

Well, if you score it like that, Canada was born after the USA and ceased to exist as a sovereign long ago. America has no "big brother", and never had such a subordinate mindset.

Truthfully - and never trust a person who starts off a statement with "truthfully" Britian is still our big brother and we are micro managed by a few families in Britian through their lackys here. I don't give a damn if the average Canadian white guy is subordinate in mind to America - these types are subordinate to anyone they percieve as having more money. Myself - I don't bow to anyone unless you pay me...I guess I am Canadian after all.

OK, but obviously I cannot relate to such a position. I have always been a member of the Biggest Prick Club, and even my slave ancesters knew better than to go back to Africa.

You had slave ancestors and I had slavic ones. In the end BC - most of us are slaves...as it was in the begining - Human success has always been gaged by who you could unknowingly us or knowingly use (slavery) - If I were black on the outside instead of the inside, I might have joined the B P C also..but I got to slither by and get out of the way cause I mixed in with the snow...BUT - I am sure if you were in control you would have generated a just world- Instead you were out numbered by the barbarians and now live with me in the land of bitter.

....BUT - I am sure if you were in control you would have generated a just world- Instead you were out numbered by the barbarians and now live with me in the land of bitter.

Hence there will never be a just world, so I prefer to feather my own nest...just like Obama.

That's why it is called the Land of Opportunity.

Nope...there were slaves in Canada irrespective of the fleeing "loyalists", as if that matters in the least.

Black slaves lived in the British regions of Canada in the 17th and 18th centuries — 104 were listed in a 1767 census of Nova Scotia — but their numbers were small until the Loyalist influx after 1783. As white Loyalists fled the new American Republic, they took with them about 2000 black slaves: 1200 to the Maritimes (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island), 300 to Lower Canada (Quebec), and 500 to Upper Canada (Ontario). As in New France, Loyalist slaves were held in small numbers and were employed as domestic servants, farm hands, and skilled artisans.

Overt "racism" would continue in many forms, from immigration law, voting, internments, expulsions, and unsettled land claims. Canada was part of the royal club, whether you believe it or not.

What happened as a British colony is as irrelevant here as it is in the U.S. But there were slaves in the U.S. well after 1776; there were never any in Canada after 1867.

What happened as a British colony is as irrelevant here as it is in the U.S. But there were slaves in the U.S. well after 1776; there were never any in Canada after 1867.

Of course...Canada when it's good, but not Canada when it's bad....so typical. Even if there were never any slaves in Canada, you can't escape the scourge of "racism" to this day....oh my!

Of course...Canada when it's good, but not Canada when it's bad....so typical. Even if there were never any slaves in Canada, you can't escape the scourge of "racism" to this day....oh my!

You could be more specific and say Lower or Upper Canada. Canada itself was established in 1867. Technicaly you are wrong.

There's nothing wishy-washy about Confederation, other than the fact that it was orchestrated without the bloodshed the U.S. (and the redcoats) endured 100 years before.

There was plenty of bloodshed.....you just want to pretend otherwise to provide some definition with America as a foil....otherwise you would not exist. Canada remained the "redcoats" in many far away places for another 50 years.

You could be more specific and say Lower or Upper Canada. Canada itself was established in 1867. Technicaly you are wrong.

Weren't Upper and Lower Canada merged in or about 1837?

There's nothing wishy-washy about Confederation, other than the fact that it was orchestrated without the bloodshed the U.S. (and the redcoats) endured 100 years before.

We were forged into a unified country by that war, the War of 1812 (yes in most of that war we got our arses kicked) and the Civil War. You still are not forged as a fully united nation.

Edited by jbg

We were forged into a unified country by that war, the War of 1812 (yes in most of that war we got our arses kicked) and the Civil War. You still are not forged as a fully united nation.

Right....and we are often reminded that CANADA kicked our asses and burnt down the White House, even if it happened before 1867.

:lol::lol::lol:

Right....and we are often reminded that CANADA kicked our asses and burnt down the White House, even if it happened before 1867.

I'm thinking of a bunch of battles in Upper Canada that did not go so well for us, right at the opening of the war. And my pet view is that we thought we'd be fighting British forces that would wilt, and that Canadians are for more resistant.

I'm thinking of a bunch of battles in Upper Canada that did not go so well for us, right at the opening of the war. And my pet view is that we thought we'd be fighting British forces that would wilt, and that Canadians are for more resistant.

All the better to forge a very strong union, unwavering in the purpose of a true sovereign.

The War of 1812 was America's final kiss goodbye.

All the better to forge a very strong union, unwavering in the purpose of a true sovereign.

The War of 1812 was America's final kiss goodbye.

I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario where the decisive War of 1812 battle was fought. Restaurants are full of place mats showing the history, trumpeting how we beat the Americans and sent them running back home. Some of the more rational ones point out how America was deeply divided about invading Canada, especially with border states like New York. Those were frontier times and families often were on both sides of the Niagara border.

A good friend when I was a boy lived in an old farm house that was actually built in those times! We had great fun exploring the dirt crawl space under the house, which didn't sit well with our mothers. We found one small room with a sliding lookout grate at ground level, which was covered on the outside by shrubs and bushes. The legend was that the house was a stopover for the Underground Railroad, where escaped slaves were hidden in that room. The story might actually have been true, I dunno.

We DID find a lovely short officer's sword! It had a long brass handle with a lion carved in the end. It actually cleaned up into a gorgeous piece!

Anyhow, his family still had letters written by their ancestors dating back to just before the 1812 war. We kids weren't allowed to handle them ourselves for fear of damage but my friend's father was good enough to take a few out and let us read them.

I was struck by a common tone in most of the letters. The people at that time didn't seem to care about the politics! As I had said, many had family on both sides of the border and people came and went for business or visiting on a routine basis. The border seemed to be an imaginary line only important to far away seats of government.

When the American troops first came into Stoney Creek few seemed to care! It was only when the good farmers and townsfolk started hearing reports of Yankee soldiers stealing livestock for food and bothering their daughters that they got their dander up and sent messengers to York (Toronto) demanding the Redcoats come down and clean them out!

The tone of these letters always made more sense to me than much of what I was taught in our history books.

I live in Stoney Creek, Ontario where the decisive War of 1812 battle was fought. Restaurants are full of place mats showing the history, trumpeting how we beat the Americans and sent them running back home. Some of the more rational ones point out how America was deeply divided about invading Canada, especially with border states like New York. Those were frontier times and families often were on both sides of the Niagara border.

A good friend when I was a boy lived in an old farm house that was actually built in those times! We had great fun exploring the dirt crawl space under the house, which didn't sit well with our mothers. We found one small room with a sliding lookout grate at ground level, which was covered on the outside by shrubs and bushes. The legend was that the house was a stopover for the Underground Railroad, where escaped slaves were hidden in that room. The story might actually have been true, I dunno.

We DID find a lovely short officer's sword! It had a long brass handle with a lion carved in the end. It actually cleaned up into a gorgeous piece!

Anyhow, his family still had letters written by their ancestors dating back to just before the 1812 war. We kids weren't allowed to handle them ourselves for fear of damage but my friend's father was good enough to take a few out and let us read them.

I was struck by a common tone in most of the letters. The people at that time didn't seem to care about the politics! As I had said, many had family on both sides of the border and people came and went for business or visiting on a routine basis. The border seemed to be an imaginary line only important to far away seats of government.

When the American troops first came into Stoney Creek few seemed to care! It was only when the good farmers and townsfolk started hearing reports of Yankee soldiers stealing livestock for food and bothering their daughters that they got their dander up and sent messengers to York (Toronto) demanding the Redcoats come down and clean them out!

The tone of these letters always made more sense to me than much of what I was taught in our history books.

is opposing Obama racist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPnypIVT6zM&NR=1

you be the judge.

Until people can look at Obama as just a man - not a black man, racism will be alive and well.....and those who cry "racism" at those who criticize him are narrow-minded alarmists. Let the man make his choices - let him make his decisions - and let us criticize the office of the President, or democarats in general. He is just a man.