U.S. Senate Votes To Cut Funds To ACORN

I say it's about damn time. Apparently widespread voter fraud wasn't enough. But when coupled with pimping and prostitution, it was the last straw. Remember folks, this is where Obama started his career! And we all know that the acorns don't fall far from the trees! :lol:

U.S. Senate denies funds for poverty group

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A poverty-rights group that has drawn the ire of conservatives suffered another setback in Washington on Monday when the U.S. Senate voted overwhelmingly to deny it access to federal housing funds.

The Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, which helps poor people fight foreclosures and fix tax problems, has received more than $53 million in U.S. funds since 1994, but conservatives' charges of widespread fraud have begun to impact its reputation in the capital.

Last week, the U.S. Census Bureau told the group it did not want its help boosting participation in next year's census.

The Senate measure, which passed 83 to 7 in the Democratic-led chamber, was included in a must-pass spending bill that funds housing and transportation programs for the fiscal year that starts October 1.

The group has also suffered an embezzlement scandal involving the founder's brother.

ACORN more recently has been embarrassed by conservative activists who secretly taped employees in several cities giving tax advice to a couple posing as a pimp and prostitute.

AP

Maybe it didn't get widespread play in the MSM because nobody cares that some person who works for some obscure organization Obama worked for years ago was set up by obsessive Obama-hating right-wingers.

Except for obsessive Obama-hating right-wingers, of course.

Another tactic used, Shady, is to character assassinate so that the result appears tainted to those who believe everything they read. The result must be ignored or rejected at all costs. Stay tuned to see what other underhanded tactics may be used instead of wrestling with the idea that Acorn is dirty and they should have their funding cut.

Maybe it didn't get widespread play in the MSM because nobody cares that some person who works for some obscure organization Obama worked for years ago was set up by obsessive Obama-hating right-wingers.

Actually, Bubbler, on looking into it further, Obama didn't work for Acorn.

Now one just has to wonder why these right-wingers are so obsessed that FoxNews has had it as its lead story for two weeks when all they are is a small, obscure organization that is meant to help black inner-city folks.

And they think the rest of the world (and the MSM) should be crazy and obsessed like them? :lol:

They are not notorious because they receive money from the federal government. They are notorious because they are the current lightning rod for Republicans to push their "us versus them," divide-and-conquer approach to politics. They effectively represent the "dark other," an image that is easily transposed onto Obama.

Fortunately, that approach is largely failing. Even as Obama's approvals sink, Republican approvals aren't going up.

They are not notorious because they receive money from the federal government. They are notorious because they are the current lightning rod for Republicans to push their "us versus them," divide-and-conquer approach to politics. They effectively represent the "dark other," an image that is easily transposed onto Obama.

Fortunately, that approach is largely failing. Even as Obama's approvals sink, Republican approvals aren't going up.

So you condone their methodes as shown in the news videos?

So you condone their methodes as shown in the news videos?

Nope. But it seems strange to be obsessed with them when people like Lehman Bros have ripped off taxpayers and investors for billions and billions and are continuing to rake in even more.

Strange priorities.

Nope. But it seems strange to be obsessed with them when people like Lehman Bros have ripped off taxpayers and investors for billions and billions and are continuing to rake in even more.

Strange priorities.

Not so strange when you realize that financial institutions that have hundreds of billions in assets will tend to make billions. That's what corporations do in a functioning economy. Ripping off taxpayers? Are you referring to bonuses?

You may also note that those same people who are focusing on Acorn instead of Lehman etc, are focused on the $780 billion and the administration that wants to spend billions more as well as start up a federal medicare program in the middle of the worst economic crisis since the depression.

Not so strange when you realize that financial institutions that have hundreds of billions in assets will tend to make billions. That's what corporations do in a functioning economy. Ripping off taxpayers? Are you referring to bonuses?

You may also note that those same people who are focusing on Acorn instead of Lehman etc, are focused on the $780 billion and the administration that wants to spend billions more as well as start up a federal medicare program in the middle of the worst economic crisis since the depression.

Not only that, but referring to Lehman Bros to make his point is idiotic. They weren't rescued at all, and went bankrupt. :rolleyes:

Strange priorities.

But Lehman Bros isn't raking in even more. They went bankrupt. You're either lying or misinformed.

• 2 months later...

You know Shady, when the best they can come up with is to change the subject or not address the topic, you are doing pretty good.

When will the MSM finally start covering this issue? Apparently sometime after they stop covering for Obama.

MSM never stopped covering for Carter but MSM support did him little good. I sincerely think Obama's on the same path.

Yeah, but you thought he was on the same path as Mondale and McGovern. :lol:

I never claimed to bat 1000.

I was initially hoping he'd do well. I never root against my country. I'm beginning to lose hope in him.

I was initially hoping he'd do well. I never root against my country. I'm beginning to lose hope in him.

You can't lose something you never had. I know you don't want your country to fail; you just want him to fail.

Edited by BubberMiley

You can't lose something you never had. I know you don't want your country to fail; you just want him to fail.

Absolutely not. I love my country too much to ever want any President to fail.