Canadian Defends Anti-Medicare Ad

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama: Canadian system wouldn/'t work in USA......no kidding ! :lol:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-Canadi...ml?x=0&.v=1

Translation: I know I can't impliment it because there are so many wackos who think national health care is a communist plot so I'll try to disarm a few of the sane ones.

I've got a lot of problems with our system, but it's still head and shoulders above the ludicrously ineffecient, overpriced monstrosity you champion.

....I've got a lot of problems with our system, but it's still head and shoulders above the ludicrously ineffecient, overpriced monstrosity you champion.

No, your "system" is the best in the world. Everybody knows that. It even has a back door to my overpriced "system".

Today it seems there are not enough sperm donors to go around in Canada either. Good thing Michael Jackson didn't live there, huh?

Get serious now!

Do what you are told there BC - could end up in Canada doing time - thirty days in the hole..looks like I am a bad influence around here - everyone just starts having fun----- love the term biological father...and the idea of designer babies - Jackson went shopping - for human beings - and to see his poor "daughter" crying and duped was a great injustice - BC is serious - perhaps not following the flow but serious none the less...I come to his defence...some Americans can't stand up for themselves - besides BC was once a professional comedian...

True...but so is the shortage of sperm donors in Canada.

Seems that waiting in line for health care includes sperm.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...0810?hub=Health

...now what was the name of that Woody Allen movie...... :lol:

I have come to do my duty - bring me the vessel! No not that...the real one...It's bizarre - abortion - sperm donation - gayification..will the modern wonders never cease.. The Woody Allen bit was funny....personally - all I am is a walking sperm cell - and a supporter lost in consumerism ...every start to feel like bacteria? Human diginity - where did it go...BC - getting bored and tired - and have some duties to perform - have to baby sit a dog named baby girl - seem my X wife is having the empty nest thing ....God - what planet did I land on? Isn't life interesting? :lol: ......as for the old school feminists out there - I am more of a mother than you..in fact I am a real mother...f

.... Isn't life interesting? :lol: ......as for the old school feminists out there - I am more of a mother than you..in fact I am a real mother...f

Just amazing....dependenceon government funding leads to a shortage of sperm?

You gotta be kiddin' me!

But now that I think about it, Canada got itself in a real pickle several years back because of blood products imported from US prisons.....even Arkansas! Canada doesn't have enough blood donors or facilities by itself.

Gives new meaning to the term..."Blood for oil".

Just amazing....dependence on government funding leads to a shortage of sperm?

You gotta be kiddin' me!

bc... who needs those U.S. food stamps you keep touting when any ole U.S. wanker can "pull" an easy $50-to-$100 per... uhhh... specimen. Puts a whole new spin on working one's way through college. Apparently, the land of the free & the home of the brave has no shortage of willing wankers - go figure!

bc... who needs those U.S. food stamps you keep touting when any ole U.S. wanker can "pull" an easy $50-to-$100 per... uhhh... specimen. Puts a whole new spin on working one's way through college. Apparently, the land of the free & the home of the brave has no shortage of willing wankers - go figure!

...just another reason.....300,000,000 vs. 34,000,000.

Must be the weather...LOL! :lol:

Do what you are told there BC - could end up in Canada doing time - thirty days in the hole..looks like I am a bad influence around here - everyone just starts having fun----- love the term biological father...and the idea of designer babies - Jackson went shopping - for human beings - and to see his poor "daughter" crying and duped was a great injustice - BC is serious - perhaps not following the flow but serious none the less...I come to his defence...some Americans can't stand up for themselves - besides BC was once a professional comedian...

Laughing has not enough healing power to cure the American star system's victims.

Guest elizabethjones

All I know for sure is I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Canadian health care. When I realized something was wrong I was very near death and went immediately to the ER. I spent 7 days in ICU after the surgery, and 3 more days in a regular room. Wait? None, when a life is in immediate danger believe me there is no wait! I think if I had been in the US I would have said lets wait another day and see if I feel better, another day and I would have died , I nearly bled out internally as it was.

Earlier I had the exact same surgeries in Canada and in the US. When I had the first half of my thyroid removed it cost me nothing here in Canada, I spent 2 days in hospital, and had a nurse come for a week after I was home to check that all was going well. When the second half was removed in the US we actually had insurance , I spent less than 24 hours in the hospital, no home care nurse, and our share of the bill was over $12,000.00 ! We got bills from people we never even heard of. I'd call and ask just what did this dr do for me? Mostly it sounded like they walked through the operating room and took a look and called it a consultation!

Having experienced both systems I am so glad to be Canadian!

All I know for sure is I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Canadian health care. When I realized something was wrong I was very near death and went immediately to the ER. I spent 7 days in ICU after the surgery, and 3 more days in a regular room. Wait? None, when a life is in immediate danger believe me there is no wait! I think if I had been in the US I would have said lets wait another day and see if I feel better, another day and I would have died , I nearly bled out internally as it was.

Waiting in an emergency room can even be a cause of death in the US:

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/brookl...yn_hospita.html

I think if I had been in the US I would have said lets wait another day and see if I feel better, another day and I would have died , I nearly bled out internally as it was.
Absolutely positively not.

Your'e making that up.

Absolutely positively not.

Your'e making that up.

I agree. Elizabeth is way off base. 'You pay' facilities are happy to take your money.

That is a more common occurrence in Canada, though. However I've discovered that if you persist they'll do what you want, as they don't want to be sued for malpractice.

I went to emerge after a skating fall and was told nothing was broken. I thought they were wrong, (pain, lump of swelling) and insisted on a cast. Sure enough, a few weeks later they did another xray and found the fracture, by then healed. They even admitted it! :D