Canadian Defends Anti-Medicare Ad

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah the problem is medicine cost too much. If they lived in the US it would cost the same and guess what they would have to pay the same. I agree the government needs to put more money into health care, remember in 1998 when the conservatives cut health care in Alberta and started creating these problems? Remember Ralph Klein did it and I am sure you cheered him on. Way to prove the point. The government needs to invest in health care to cover all Canadians not 75% of them.

Yah the problem is medicine cost too much. If they lived in the US it would cost the same and guess what they would have to pay the same. I agree the government needs to put more money into health care, remember in 1998 when the conservatives cut health care in Alberta and started creating these problems? Remember Ralph Klein did it and I am sure you cheered him on. Way to prove the point. The government needs to invest in health care to cover all Canadians not 75% of them.

In the US they option of buying an insurance policy that would cover this, in Canada you have no option to buy a medical insurance policy to seek medical treatment when the proper one is not availible from the government, and services rendered are decided by a civil servant. This what happened to my mother, I remember the letter sent from Alberta health, that denied her request, I remember the loss of hope, most of all I remember watching her suffer, I remember watching her pass broken without hope, and now we are left to wonder what could have been. It was long before 1998, it was before Klien took the reins, it was before Alberta cut services to balance budgets, It was before Chrieten cut transfers.

Our system is seriously flawed, what it works for is minimum levels of routine health services, and immediate emergency services.

In the US they option of buying an insurance policy that would cover this, in Canada you have no option to buy a medical insurance policy to seek medical treatment when the proper one is not availible from the government, and services rendered are decided by a civil servant. This what happened to my mother, I remember the letter sent from Alberta health, that denied her request, I remember the loss of hope, most of all I remember watching her suffer, I remember watching her pass broken without hope, and now we are left to wonder what could have been. It was long before 1998, it was before Klien took the reins, it was before Alberta cut services to balance budgets, It was before Chrieten cut transfers.

Our system is seriously flawed, what it works for is minimum levels of routine health services, and immediate emergency services.

I thought you super successful would have went to the states to help your mother? Guess what in the States there as 45 million uninsured close to 15% of the whole population. Guess what this happens to them too.

I thought you super successful would have went to the states to help your mother? Guess what in the States there as 45 million uninsured close to 15% of the whole population. Guess what this happens to them too.

They have freedom to decide what they get for insurance.

The Phantom Uninsured http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/A....aspx?id=479724 IF you take out those that are illegals ( and wont't be covered under obama's plan). The 17 million that earn over 50,000 per year who choose not buy health insurance. Then the number that are not addressed in this artical that were briefly without coverage when they switch jobs the 46 million drastically drops.

I was a teenager when my mother passed. If I could have done more I would have, but at that age I was not yet legal to hold a job.

Guest TrueMetis

Our current Healthcare system is like a engine with that's not running properly we don't need to rebuild it we need to tune it. You would be amazed how much a slight tuning can fix what seems to be a huge problem.

Edited by TrueMetis

They have freedom to decide what they get for insurance.

The Phantom Uninsured http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/A....aspx?id=479724 IF you take out those that are illegals ( and wont't be covered under obama's plan). The 17 million that earn over 50,000 per year who choose not buy health insurance. Then the number that are not addressed in this artical that were briefly without coverage when they switch jobs the 46 million drastically drops.

I was a teenager when my mother passed. If I could have done more I would have, but at that age I was not yet legal to hold a job.

If you don't have money you don't have freedom to do anything. Tell the 100,000 people lost their insurance last month when they lost their jobs they have the freedom to choose. Don't worry for every story like yours in Canada, there is 25 in the states.

If you don't have money you don't have freedom to do anything. Tell the 100,000 people lost their insurance last month when they lost their jobs they have the freedom to choose. Don't worry for every story like yours in Canada, there is 25 in the states.

Not true they still have some form of medical coverage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Med...ctive_Labor_Act

they also have the freedom to take a lesser, move to find employment to afford a policy, or an employer who covers their employees with a group policy. The point is they have a freedom and an option always.

Not true they still have some form of medical coverage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Med...ctive_Labor_Act

they also have the freedom to take a lesser, move to find employment to afford a policy, or an employer who covers their employees with a group policy. The point is they have a freedom and an option always.

And soon they will the option of buying insurance from the government and being covered like the elderly. Good for them. We have single payer and have fought hard to get it.

And soon they will the option of buying insurance from the government and being covered like the elderly. Good for them. We have single payer and have fought hard to get it.

And yet hybrid systems are consistently ranked higher then ours.

And yet hybrid systems are consistently ranked higher then ours.

They always will be. You see the system we have is the one we wanted, and it is the one we will keep. Those hybrid systems do in fact cost the governments less, but the costs are simply passed along to the consumer. I must agree that our system needs a tune up, and I think that may be all that it needs.