Obama ratings slip.....

President Obama is losing ground in the ratings game......now he is making the same mistake as Clinton...getting bogged down in gay rights.

...The results come after weeks of Republican hammering of Mr. Obama for spending too much and taking on too many issues, arguments that appear to be resonating with some voters.

Mr. Obama's overall job approval and personal ratings have slipped, particularly among independent voters. His job approval rating now stands at 56%, down from 61% in April. Among independents, it dropped from nearly two-to-one approval to closely divided.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1245275180...tml#mod=testMod

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-countr...ad-support.html

Will most Americans support President Obama's executive order extending certain benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees? Probably, according to a Gallup Poll released last month.

The poll found that, while most Americans oppose gay marriage, 67 percent say "gay and lesbian domestic partners should have access to health insurance and other employee benefits."

Looks like Obama should be able to move along from this decision with support.

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/god-and-countr...ad-support.html

Looks like Obama should be able to move along from this decision with support.

I am in favor of domestic partner benefits. Not gay marriage, though.

If we're going to start changing the definition of words, why don't we start with "heterosexual"? and get to "marriage" down the road? :lol:

Obama is ducking the issue, just like Bill Clinton did in 1993:

...Obama aides urged gays and lesbians to have patience with the new White House's slow-and-steady approach to the politically charged topic. But his critics - and there were many - saw Wednesday's incremental move to expand gay rights as little more than pandering to a reliably Democratic voting bloc, with the primary aim not of making policy more fair but of cutting short a fundraising boycott.

"When a president tells you he's going to be different, you believe him," said John Aravosis, a Washington-based gay activist. "It's not that he didn't follow through on his promises,
he stabbed us in the back
."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090617/D98SM6BO0.html

Obama is ducking the issue, just like Bill Clinton did in 1993:

...Obama aides urged gays and lesbians to have patience with the new White House's slow-and-steady approach to the politically charged topic. But his critics - and there were many - saw Wednesday's incremental move to expand gay rights as little more than pandering to a reliably Democratic voting bloc, with the primary aim not of making policy more fair but of cutting short a fundraising boycott.

"When a president tells you he's going to be different, you believe him," said John Aravosis, a Washington-based gay activist. "It's not that he didn't follow through on his promises,
he stabbed us in the back
."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090617/D98SM6BO0.html

There is no such thing as gay rights - just human rights - what I think they mean is gay privledge - I thought privledge was for lawyers? :rolleyes: Pandering - polling and telling everyone what they want to hear is the base for so-called democratic politics. Obama will urge everyone to have patience with the new administration...he will urge this right to the bitter end with no results and deliver the voters exactly what they always get - nothing! What did they expect - This is America a nation of highly skilled decievers and confidence men. First they gain your confidence - then "stab you in the back" - It's called war - war on those abroad and war on your own people - It's the American way.. :lol:

Obama's approval rating would have to slip by 60% before it reaches the ratings of all the top Republicans put together --- it is an interesting irony that the most vociferous of Obama's attackers are also, according to the American public, the lowest rated or worst politicians/pundits

Obama's approval rating would have to slip by 60% before it reaches the ratings of all the top Republicans put together --- it is an interesting irony that the most vociferous of Obama's attackers are also, according to the American public, the lowest rated or worst politicians/pundits

Trouble in paradise? -- Obama is not Jesus? :rolleyes: dear me - what are we to do? Seems hat Obama attackers are becoming very unpopular and Obama supporters are becoming very unpopular - the only one popular is him...this is not working out according to plan...

Trouble in paradise? -- Obama is not Jesus? :rolleyes: dear me - what are we to do? Seems hat Obama attackers are becoming very unpopular and Obama supporters are becoming very unpopular - the only one popular is him...this is not working out according to plan...

well, no, actually that's not true

well, no, actually that's not true

Who said I was being truthful or even informed? I was just typing away....and knew I did not read the material fully - I guess scanning leads to misinformation - and that leads to un-truths...Just like a big buisness guy said - "I can tell who read the materal and who did not" In other words - who did their job.

President Obama is losing ground in the ratings game......now he is making the same mistake as Clinton...getting bogged down in gay rights.

...The results come after weeks of Republican hammering of Mr. Obama for spending too much and taking on too many issues, arguments that appear to be resonating with some voters.

Mr. Obama's overall job approval and personal ratings have slipped, particularly among independent voters. His job approval rating now stands at 56%, down from 61% in April. Among independents, it dropped from nearly two-to-one approval to closely divided.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1245275180...tml#mod=testMod

He has to loose half of that 56% to be considered worse than Bush. Patience he has 3.5 years to go.

This doesn't make any sense...do the math.

I wonder what Bush's ratings were after his first 5 months in office. Obama seems to be slipping early in spite of the MSM worshipping his every move.

prior to 9/11 - Bush's ratings were in the toilet - there's nothing like an attack on American soil to rally the country behind the president -- we were all hopeful, immediately after 9/11, that Bush would be inspired to do what was right for America --- it took a while for Americans to realize, Bush produced just the exact opposite of what Americans hoped for

prior to 9/11 - Bush's ratings were in the toilet - there's nothing like an attack on American soil to rally the country behind the president -- we were all hopeful, immediately after 9/11, that Bush would be inspired to do what was right for America --- it took a while for Americans to realize, Bush produced just the exact opposite of what Americans hoped for

What were Americans hoping for?

prior to 9/11 - Bush's ratings were in the toilet

You're either ignorant or lying. Pick one.

In a CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll taken just before the 2001 attacks, 51% of Americans said they approved of his performance

LA Times

Sorry my ignorant or lying friend. But a 51% approval rating isn't in the toilet.

You're either ignorant or lying. Pick one.

In a CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll taken just before the 2001 attacks, 51% of Americans said they approved of his performance

LA Times

Sorry my ignorant or lying friend. But a 51% approval rating isn't in the toilet.

your foul insult is just that far off base --

his rating, prior to 9/11 was hovering at 50%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/6038436.stm

http://politicalarithmetik.blogspot.com/20...-bush-2001.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gallup_P...orge_W_Bush.png

and, apparently, you didn't even read your own source -- http://articles.latimes.com/2003/oct/02/na...na-tumble2?pg=2

which says the same thing