Harper defends Obama on American television

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/stor...?hub=TopStories

Prime Minister Stephen Harper took to American television Friday to voice his opposition to "Buy American" provisions but found himself defending U.S. President Barack Obama.

In an interview with Fox Business News, Harper was asked repeated questions about Obama's massive economic stimulus plans and whether he found that worrisome as a Conservative.

Harper responded that stimulus spending was necessary in a recession and that Obama took office with a deep structural deficit that "was not his fault."

"We need stimulus spending now, and I say that as a conservative," Harper said.

Wonder if this will ever get Harper invited to FOX again.

It was an ugly interview and I think it further hurt the credibility of Fox News. They all but tried to get Harper to denounce Obama, social spending etc and he fortunately didn't say anything stupid. God Fox News is retarded.

FNC is so retarded that it consistently outperforms other cable news networks.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/ticker/ar...&id=9746020

I agree. They've become particularly shrill in the past few weeks, it seems.

Maybe they'll get better when they hire Miss California.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/matthew-fili...t_b_214860.html

After Carrie Prejean's much publicized firing as Miss California, one of the main questions that everyone is asking is "What will Carrie do now"? Or more accurately, "How long is it going to be before Carrie signs a contract with the Fox News Channel?"

Not nearly so much as in the US. Just watching the news in the two countries shows it. CBC and CTV aren't very sensational at all (can't say the same for Global). It doess seem to sell more than in Europe though.

Also, many US 'news' programs are just a collection of talking heads...sad.

Wonder if this will ever get Harper invited to FOX again.

Wow. What a worth while debate. :rolleyes:

I agree. They've become particularly shrill in the past few weeks, it seems. Trying to politicize the holocaust museum shooting was a low point.

Hmm, it's interesting that you ignore the politicization of the holocaust shooting by the ideologues on MSNBC. How convenient. I'd say it's a low point, but I think we can all agree that their low point was their collective thrill up the leg for Obama during the Presidential campaign, and pretty much every day since.

Yeah, well, Americans seem to like their news with as much sensationalism and bias as possible.

If that was the case, MSNBC's ratings would be through the roof. :lol:

FNC is so retarded that it consistently outperforms other cable news networks.

When the dangers of terrorist fist-pumps, dijon mustard and beer-pong propel FNC to the top of the charts, it's more a testament to the stupidity and ignorance of the viewers than anything else.

So stupid that your Prime Minister seeks air time on the same network.....go figure.

He was invited. :blink: In hindsight it was a mistake, but I imagine he thought even Fox News would have the class and intelligence not to try and get a foreign leader to publicly denounce the US president and his policies with hack questions. It was Chris Wallace too, who's considerably less hack than a lot of the others. Even I was surprised by how hard he tried to corner Harper into saying something stupid.

He was invited. :blink: In hindsight it was a mistake, but I imagine he thought even Fox News would have the class and intelligence not to try and get a foreign leader to publicly denounce the US president and his policies with hack questions. It was Chris Wallace too, who's considerably less hack than a lot of the others. Even I was surprised by how hard he tried to corner Harper into saying something stupid.

Such details...it seems that you are a Fox News viewer as well. How does it feel to be so "stupid"?

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Such details...it seems that you are a Fox News viewer as well. How does it feel to be so "stupid"?

Stop kicking the kids BC......well - a small kick is okay --- A man that hates children and kicks dogs can't be all bad....The did is sending me out to grab a Grande Americano .....what the hell is that - what happened to run out and get me a damned coffee? And they hand me this plastic thing - what ever happened to real money --- Jezzz BC - the whole world has fallen apart......FOX news - I don't even know what Fox news is ---CNN - I do know - and I can barely look at that - so FOX is the cheaper lower brand of the same shit? OH - I get it ---kind of like a bad tabloid compared to a left wing rag that homeless people sell ....of I go to Star Bucks .....I might just say give me a coffee...just out of spite... FOX....sounds clever and shifty to me - see yah..

Stop kicking the kids BC......well - a small kick is okay --- A man that hates children and kicks dogs can't be all bad....The did is sending me out to grab a Grande Americano .....what the hell is that - what happened to run out and get me a damned coffee? And they hand me this plastic thing - what ever happened to real money --- Jezzz BC - the whole world has fallen apart......FOX news - I don't even know what Fox news is ---CNN - I do know - and I can barely look at that - so FOX is the cheaper lower brand of the same shit? OH - I get it ---kind of like a bad tabloid compared to a left wing rag that homeless people sell ....of I go to Star Bucks .....I might just say give me a coffee...just out of spite... FOX....sounds clever and shifty to me - see yah..