Why Were Women Happier Before?

She's correct - my sister - and now one of my daughters keeps the company of some very powerful people - and has influence and energy - neither was formally educated - nor born into the upper class - but they have it between the ears and no one can hold a good man down - OR A GOOD WOMAN..there are no barriers - take command and make yourself useful.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that beauty is to women what tallness is to men.

Woman have no idea how beautiful they are - how unique each is..woman like to strut for each other - but it is not about the display of beauty - It's a display of character. Most woman I see these days lower their heads when in the presense of a stationary or passing man - because real woman recognize real men - and they are heart broken that so many barriers and socio-finacial restrictions exist - they should take a chance - instead of expecting to be granted wealth like a prostitute - they should understand the wealth and health are built together - just find another dreamer like yourself and stick it out with out contention.

Woman have no idea how beautiful they are - how unique each is..woman like to strut for each other - but it is not about the display of beauty - It's a display of character. Most woman I see these days lower their heads when in the presense of a stationary or passing man - because real woman recognize real men - and they are heart broken that so many barriers and socio-finacial restrictions exist - they should take a chance - instead of expecting to be granted wealth like a prostitute - they should understand the wealth and health are built together - just find another dreamer like yourself and stick it out with out contention.

Beauty is essentially attractiveness.

Beauty is essentially attractiveness.

It goes clean though to the soul..what you see on the outside is what is all the way through - this buisness that attractive woman are stupid is silly - if they are of great character and are well formed - they are of high quality - look at the hands and you will see the genetic history going back a few hundred years..hands explain all - and those who are not damaged - are the most attractive - yet the baggage carriers are the most interesting and tumultouous - if you like stormy whether.

It goes clean though to the soul..what you see on the outside is what is all the way through - this buisness that attractive woman are stupid is silly - if they are of great character and are well formed - they are of high quality - look at the hands and you will see the genetic history going back a few hundred years..hands explain all - and those who are not damaged - are the most attractive - yet the baggage carriers are the most interesting and tumultouous - if you like stormy whether.

Remember how Paris Hilton reacts to John McCain during the last US presidential election, she used her hands and nails in her vanity warfare against him.

I think that beauty is to women what tallness is to men.
Except that men don't become shorter, but women lose their beauty.

Let me explain.

If there is anything hard-wired, it's our ability to spot a good potential mate and fellow parent to our offspring. Menopause and andropause are different, and arrive differently.

-----

To be honest however and in my mind at least, the jury is still out on this "women happier before" idea.

One notion of fairness is to offer people a (hypothetical) choice. For example, if you think affirmative action is so unfair, what would you prefer: be a white man in this world with affirmative action for blacks or be a black man in this world with affirmative action for blacks? How many white men would opt to become black (in this world) to benefit from affirmative action?

Similarly, given a choice between living today or living in 1950, how many women today would opt for the 1950s?

Self-fulfilling prophecy certainly plays a role, it is a well-documented social phenomenon.

Had a math teacher in grade 9 - an old spinstress (can I say that) Gertrude Steer...she just hated boys -----and the girls all passed and we all failed...bitter old lady with a face that looked like a can of dead worms boardering on entering rigormortis...This was the pre-lesbian days - and in fact the pre-I hate men days ----- we did not know what she was about. The males were victims of this hater -----and now - I can barely do long division - but I am big on quantum mechanics ---

-you can't keep a good man down.......but they sure tried - I saw this attack on young males in the rural hick court room in a small town near us --------Alledged offenders were always apporached buy the crown or duty council..who would whisper the damning words to the boys---------"Plead guilty, they will go easier on you" I wonder how many young men are tainted by crimminal records because of this colonialist oppression? Potential male tribal leaders were all persecuted in order to maintain a certain clanish status quo - back before feminist eccentricity and now.

Had a math teacher in grade 9 - an old spinstress (can I say that) Gertrude Steer...she just hated boys -----and the girls all passed and we all failed...bitter old lady with a face that looked like a can of dead worms boardering on entering rigormortis...This was the pre-lesbian days - and in fact the pre-I hate men days ----- we did not know what she was about. The males were victims of this hater -----and now - I can barely do long division - but I am big on quantum mechanics ---

-you can't keep a good man down.......but they sure tried - I saw this attack on young males in the rural hick court room in a small town near us --------Alledged offenders were always apporached buy the crown or duty council..who would whisper the damning words to the boys---------"Plead guilty, they will go easier on you" I wonder how many young men are tainted by crimminal records because of this colonialist oppression? Potential male tribal leaders were all persecuted in order to maintain a certain clanish status quo - back before feminist eccentricity and now.

More of your morbid complacency postings!?

More of your morbid complacency postings!?

Can't help being morbid - raised by war damaged parents and an original feminst mother---and a very cunning father...been help me out - seriously....what do you suggest to get rid of my morbidity and complacency....and I assume that complacent means not committal.

Just imagine yourself running for the prime minister office and act like if you want to win it.

You want me to respond? To be responsible for others? To dedicate the rest of my life to service? Benny - I am to selfish...I endured a mis-spent youth - and a tedious middle age - now I am in my prime - finally....do you really think I have that ablity? Honestly? You are suggesting that I act like a father - a provider - a protector. I have been a child all my life - Peter Pan has nothing on me....To fully enter adulthood..would be to admit mortality - and I am not about to become mortal for anyone or any nation - Humanity - must discover their own divinity - it can not be forced - I have power but I am not a god....but - close sometimes.....I don't cross that line...those that do...always perish.

A topic loses its way, go back!

Don't want a topic wandering around all lonely and lost ---- wonder where it is --better send out a rescue mission - wait - I hear the topic crying -----look - there it is -----benny get me a graping iron - the topic has fallen into a pit.. LOOK at the smile on the topics face - all safe and sound - oooh my little pookie...where have you been you naughty topic you...now give papa a kiss... hello benny - better get off ....tell me about your idea later -- who knows - I might just become less complacent...and haughtily glibishly gruff. B C seems to be kicking butt - he had to feel out the waters as the Obama administration settled in - boy what a show off he is - bares the american soul --- and ass.. :rolleyes:

Similarly, given a choice between living today or living in 1950, how many women today would opt for the 1950s?

You're onto something here. But the answer...the truth...is a strange one. Because I think most women subconciously aspire to the homemaker's life. It's hard wired into their brains (settle down left wing nut progressives, there are always exceptions).

It's funny because whenever I'm engaged in a conversation about this topic with a group of women, they all insist they want a career, to work, to earn their own way, to be independant. And I usually say I agree it's great to have that option, but I'm kind of traditional and I'd like to be able to work hard to make enough money so that my wife can stay home and take care of our childeren...together we would be an awesome team so that our home and family would be a real home...no nanny, no daycare. And almost...ALMOST always, the vast majority of women react in a positive way..ie "ya...i like that" or "awww...that's awesome"

But I don't think many would want to know that's their only lot in life - ie. knowing there is the option to pursue other avenues and lead a more balanced life is what women enjoy, rather than just purely wokin' for the man to bring home the bacon.

This is actually precisely why men generally earn more than women do in the same professions. Men work longer hours and pursue the brass ring, whereas many women choose a more balanced life including relationships, family, childeren and excercise over the almight dollar.

So no, women wouldn't go back to the '50s. But many (most) like the idea of that idealized world of home, family and a steady paycheque (the husband). It's so funny. I know so many women who pursue law school, med school or whatever. To the outside world, they are career driven women with a great future. Then they get pregnant, and the change is hilarious. All of a sudden they are happy. Happy happy happy. Glowing happy. Baby comes...happier. Exhausted, but can't stop talking about it with the other moms. Then wants another. And maybe another.

Goodbye career...hello family. It's hard wired. And yes, there are exceptions.

Edited by JerrySeinfeld

You're onto something here. But the answer...the truth...is a strange one. Because I think most women subconciously aspire to the homemaker's life. It's hard wired into their brains (settle down left wing nut progressives, there are always exceptions).

Goodbye career...hello family. It's hard wired. And yes, there are exceptions.

If it is hard wired where is the hard wire?