Why Were Women Happier Before?

Somewhere between the ovaries and the brain.

Hog wash - all humans are hard wired and can all be re-wired...It's learned behaviour - patterning...creates new sets of wires - men and woman are exactly alike - I don't care what the brain scan says - or what doctors say - or feminists or men that hold woman in contempt but like to have sex with them - say ----------the reality is --------the mind and spirt are identical - and in the begining -------------when ADAM was created first - HE was not a man - he was an IT - because he had no genitals...Why would the first man have genitals - if there was yet to be a womb man created - he would be not a he or a she but an IT --- so if we go full circle - we are all IT....and sex is a little luxury provided by the devine for the sake of pleasureful joy - and creating childern to take out the garbage - or use for hair transplants later.. :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hog wash - all humans are hard wired and can all be re-wired...It's learned behaviour - patterning...creates new sets of wires - men and woman are exactly alike - I don't care what the brain scan says - or what doctors say - or feminists or men that hold woman in contempt but like to have sex with them - say ----------the reality is --------the mind and spirt are identical - and in the begining -------------when ADAM was created first - HE was not a man - he was an IT - because he had no genitals...Why would the first man have genitals - if there was yet to be a womb man created - he would be not a he or a she but an IT --- so if we go full circle - we are all IT....and sex is a little luxury provided by the devine for the sake of pleasureful joy - and creating childern to take out the garbage - or use for hair transplants later.. :lol:

Hardware is not software.

Hardware is not software.

Long as there is not a lot of ware and tear on the decision to be hardwared or softwared...the whole idea is wearing me out. The term hard wired is again a misnomer - people are soft - and only have soft felxable wear...in other words - for instance - I am right handed - but I used my left for thousands of hours playing guitar and piano - now both hands are equal - it's like having two right hands - so hard wiring can be reprogramed though patterning --- repeat something long enough and you grow new hard ware and wiring...Humans are remarkable - we can be anything we want - if you work at it ----but...it could be genetic also - my grand father was ambi-dexterous.

Oh really?

Tell that to the 31 year old female Phd. career academic who all of a sudden starts bugging her husband incessantly about kids.

tic...toc.....tic....toc

Good negotiators feign they have their hands tied (in a chicken game).

Edited by benny

• 3 months later...

On this issue, I guess she's a credible source.

Let's talk about unhappiness. Specifically, how it's growing in one segment of our society. And no, it's not white congressmen from South Carolina, hip-hop artists who feel Beyoncé got slighted, or recipients of ill-timed foot-fault calls.

It's women. According to study after study, women are becoming more and more unhappy. This drop in happiness is found in women across the social and economic landscape. It doesn't matter what their marital status is, how much money they make, whether or not they have children, their ethnic background, or the country they live in. Women around the world are in a funk.

Arianna Huffington

But then she doesn't advance any opinion on the matter - rather, she just turns it into another self-help screed. Reading the comments, I don't whether to laugh or cry.

IMV, this quote seems pertinent:

The second discovery is, this: though women begin their lives more fulfilled than men, as they age, they gradually become less happy. Men, in contrast, get happier as they get older.

When the researchers asked more specific questions, such as, "How satisfied are you with your marriage?" and "How satisfied are you with the things you own?" and "How satisfied are you with your finances?" the pattern was always the same: women begin their life more satisfied than men, and wind up less satisfied. Sure, the crossover points vary a little--women's happiness with their marriage sinks below men's at age thirty-nine; their satisfaction with their finances dips at age forty-one; and by forty-four, they're more dissatisfied than men with stuff they own.

Huffington Post Edited by August1991