Canadian Political Polls

So? The Conservatives in Power the Liberals in power. I don't really see a difference. See this is the old Liberal arguement "you shouldn't vote your conscience becuase if you do the Boogie man might rule the country."

I don't like the Liberals in power as much as I don't like the Conservatives in power. They have same basic policies ask yourself why the Liberals sided with the Conservatives 79 straight votes of confidence. Or caved on EI. They both represent the special interests, their is very little different about them.

In politics the rule is simple: if you want to conquer, you have to divide, not be divided.

Edited by benny

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not a progressive if you are not able to divide the conservatives.

Ohhhh now you are ready to label me becuase I vote for a part ho has brought forward Medicare (something the Liberal promised for 30 years till Tommy Douglas had the balls to take and do it) the First Bill rights in Canada, voting age of 18, the 8 hour work day.....and so it goes. Yes I am not the progressive one the guy voting for the party who has pushed Canada forward, instead you want me to vote for the party who cut Ei benefits, Health care, and down loaded debt on the provinces

I am done talking to you after that. I am not progressive becuase I vote for party who actually does what they say on progressive issues instead of lying to get the progressive vote. You can talk with Dobbin I am done with this.

Edited by punked

Ohhhh now you are ready to label me becuase I vote for a part ho has brought forward Medicare (something the Liberal promised for 30 years till Tommy Douglas had the balls to take and do it) the First Bill rights in Canada, voting age of 18, the 8 hour work day.....and so it goes. Yes I am not the progressive one the guy voting for the party who has pushed Canada forward, instead you want me to vote for the party who cut Ei benefits, Health care, and down loaded debt on the provinces

I am done talking to you after that. I am not progressive becuase I vote for party who actually does what they say on progressive issues instead of lying to get the progressive vote. You can talk with Dobbin I am done with this.

Living in the past is not progressive.

I was going by federal election numbers, you know the only poll that counts. There could be a poll tomorrow that put them at 25% would you be touting that?

You seem to tout the ones that put them at 18% but they have been mostly 2 to 3% below that number in large sample polls. I expect to see 15% soon.

Edited by jdobbin

Latest poll from Angus Reid:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/668272

The federal Conservatives had 33 per cent of the support of those polled – up 1 point from a poll released on June 24 – and the Liberals had 30 per cent, a drop of 1 point. The NDP held steady at 18 per cent, while support for the Bloc Québécois remained unchanged at 11 per cent and the Green party dropped 1 point to 6 per cent support.

Stephen Harper is holding a four-point lead over Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff as the politician respondents believe will make the better prime minister. Twenty-six per cent backed Harper, 22 per cent backed Ignatieff with Jack Layton, the NDP leader, at 13 per cent.

Pretty much all within the margin of error from last time.

Heavy support for the visa requirements.

The Toronto Star/Angus Reid survey found 69 per cent agree with the visa requirements announced Monday, including 39 per cent who voiced strong agreement.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said the move was necessary to stem what the government believed was a tide of bogus refugee claimants from the countries in recent years.

The poll also found that 68 per cent of Canadians think it would be fair of Mexico's government to impose similar visa requirements on Canadians entering their country.

64% think the government is doing a poor job on immigration issues and will likely be looking for solutions to the problems.

The poll also found that 68 per cent of Canadians think it would be fair of Mexico's government to impose similar visa requirements on Canadians entering their country.

How could it be fair for Mexico's government to impose visa requirements on Canadians entering their country since it would be useless costs for all!? Here we have one more indication that media polls are not considered very seriously by both pollsters and respondents.

Did anyone else look at the poll? The Liberals numbers at least in this poll are crazy low in Atlantic Canada and MB/SK. 18% in MB/SK to the NDP's 29% and Cons 50%, and in Atlantic Canada where some of Iggy's top guys are from 23% to the NDP's 35% and the Cons 37%. In fact the Liberals are getting killed outside of Ontario and Quebec.

I think it has to be the poll their is no way the Liberals are that low in Atlantic Canada.

PS if this poll is right the NDP base is coming back in a strong way. The West and Atlantic Canada, the young, and the educated. I don't think Layton deals with Harper if these numbers keep coming up.

Edited by punked

PS if this poll is right the NDP base is coming back in a strong way. The West and Atlantic Canada, the young, and the educated. I don't think Layton deals with Harper if these numbers keep coming up.

The samples are too small. Even Angus Reid has said it hard to get a handle on some of the areas without a larger sample.

Better to go with Ekos's rolling poll where the sample is larger.

The samples are too small. Even Angus Reid has said it hard to get a handle on some of the areas without a larger sample.

Better to go with Ekos's rolling poll where the sample is larger.

I would have too agree, I can see the MB/SK number, and the rest of them but the Atlantic number is crazy. It would result in a lot of Liberals losing their seats which I don't really see happening. I think they are down too their base right now and have no where to go but up.

Ohhhh now you are ready to label me becuase ...

You're reading too much into benny's one-liners.

Ascribing any meaning at all to benny's one-liners is to give him far too much credit.

benny isn't a real person, he's a fortune-cookie slogan generating algorithm that has mistakenly been set to print its output to the internet rather than to narrow strips of paper that fit into crisp folded pastries.

-k

{"To progress, one must take a step, and then another."}

They don't have their regional sample sizes in the poll. I can assume it is small for Atlantic Canada Thus +/-10-15%. 19 times out of 20.

In math, we can assume what we want. If the pollster had no predetermined quotas, a poll of 1007 Canadians gives a chance to each Atlantic Canadian to be picked that is proportional to their relative number (in the total Canadian population).

Edited by benny

In math, we can assume what we want. If the pollster had no predetermined quotas, a poll of 1007 Canadians gives a chance to each Atlantic Canadians to be picked that is proportional to their relative number (in the total Canadian population).

No I think they do have quotas I mean AR has always been the go too poll. Almost always being right on the number during elections. They just didn't publish how many were polled from which area of the country.

No I think they do have quotas I mean AR has always been the go too poll. Almost always being right on the number during elections. They just didn't publish how many were polled from which area of the country.

If the pollster had quotas, a statistical relation can be established between the size of these quotas and the margin of error.

If the pollster had quotas, a statistical relation can be established between the size of these quotas and the margin of error.

I agree I just don't know how many they sampled even if I knew the quotas I still don't know how many they actually sampled from each area becuase those are still just quotas and not the actual sample sizes.

I agree I just don't know how many they sampled even if I knew the quotas I still don't know how many they actually sampled from each area becuase those are still just quotas and not the actual sample sizes.

Statistical inductions can be done without knowing that much.