POLL on the coalition - Liberal, NDP, BQ Supporters only

Simple question to lifelong Liberal, NDP, BQ supporters: Do you support the coalition ?

As someone who has never voted conservative, I don't support it.

I think the timing for this action is terrible, that it destabilizes the government, and that the foundation is shaky at best.

Against.

*Note - I didn't make this a 'POLL' thread because I don't want anonymous responses here.

Edited by Michael Hardner

I don't support the coalition because it isn't actually a coalition that creates a majority. Its a coalition between liberals and NDP, which doesn't give them the majority. An agreement with the Bloc is NOT the same as a formal coalition with the bloc.

And, while I have no real problem with an NDP liberal coalition, I would have a problem with a formal coalition with the bloc, so no, I don't support the "coalition" being the ruling party.

On the other hand, Harper was given a golden opportunity to forge a budget that showed forsight and was good for all Canadians. Instead, he decided to attempt to fire the killing shot into the liberal party, plainly partisan, and he deserves all of the turmoil he is in now. He should step down as leader of the conservatives.

I don't know what the answer is. I don't support the coalition because it doesn't form a majority, and I wouldn't want the bloc joining it anyway. But I also believe Harper has messed up royally and shouldn't be leading either.

Perhaps the only real choice is another election. *sigh*

I don't support the coalition because it isn't actually a coalition that creates a majority. Its a coalition between liberals and NDP, which doesn't give them the majority. An agreement with the Bloc is NOT the same as a formal coalition with the bloc.

WOW I actually have found some common ground with you.

Harper is to blame for all of this happening because of the way Harper and his gang have acted in Commons and the oppositions had had enough! Harper said he couldn`t work with the opppsoition parties so he called an election which didn`t chance anything but then Harper said in the throne speech I`ll try. When the Budget update came along and took away the 1.95 from parties and take away the right to strike for the Fed. workers but did nothing for people who REALLY need help.... I don`t blame the opposition parties. What would the Cons be like without Harper as leader...I would hope civil!

because the leader of the party has to be in the house of commons, not the senate. That would make a requirement for a new leader, unless she quit being a senator.

thats how it works.

I don't think that is necessarily so...I'm pretty sure there has been a leader who sat in the house of lords...

I don't think that is necessarily so...I'm pretty sure there has been a leader who sat in the house of lords...

not in canada, it is custom that the leader be able to be questioned in question period. and to sit in the house of commons, that requires a seat in the HoC.

not in canada, it is custom that the leader be able to be questioned in question period. and to sit in the house of commons, that requires a seat in the HoC.

yet there has been many times when the leader had no seat.

In this case it is moot cause the leader of the greens already has no seat.

yet there has been many times when the leader had no seat.

In this case it is moot cause the leader of the greens already has no seat.

fact is she is a bad leader.

anyone that goes out during an election and endorses another party needs to be replaced as a leader.

Wow.

We seem to be at 3 lib/ndp/bq AGAINST the coalition vs 3 FOR the coalition.

Only 50% of supporters here support the coalition !

This doesn't bode well for the 3-headed hydra.

Allow me to break the tie. I am pro NDP and favor the coalition. It's chances of succeeding would increase if the Liberal Party can devise a way - any legitimate or even an illegitimate way - to ditch Stephen Dion. All considered, Dion is the only albatross against the coalition assuming power in January, '09.