The Federal Republic of Canada

Canada as a federal republic  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Like I said, based in ignorance.

oh ya and The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a democratic republic because hey it says so right in the name :lol: ...she's british and you want to be her groveling buttlicking subject, you can delude yourself any way you want with phoney word play to justify your anachronistic fetish for licking grannies nether regions but the relationship is one of self-degradation...I choose to have more self respect than her kowtowing subjects, I ain't no one's subject :ph34r: ...

Edited by wyly

oh ya and The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a democratic republic because hey it says so right in the name :lol: ...she's british and your her groveling buttlicking subject, you can delude yourself any way you want with phoney word play to justify your anachronistic fetish for licking grannies nether regions but the relationship is one of self-degradation...I choose to have more self respect than her kowtowing buttkissing subjects...

She is our Queen! And sir, your words appear to be treason. It is not a matter of self respect. You are simply insulting, in a juvenile fashion, those who are loyal.

oh ya and The Democratic People's Republic of Korea is a democratic republic because hey it says so right in the name :lol: ...she's british and you want to be her groveling buttlicking subject, you can delude yourself any way you want with phoney word play to justify your anachronistic fetish for licking grannies nether regions but the relationship is one of self-degradation...I choose to have more self respect than her kowtowing subjects, I ain't no one's subject :ph34r: ...

Uncalled for, Wyly. I've reported you, for what it's worth.

I have certainly never spoken to you in such a fashion.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

What would be the point of a change like this? We will be turning out backs on common heritage that we share with Britain. Changing from a Constitutional Monarchy to anything else does not save us money in the long run, and does not make us anymore independent then we already are. Adding a president or another layer above the PM might just add another election to spend money on. We should respect our history and the positive things that Britain has given us as a nation, as well as the great things that Canada has done as part of the British Empire.

What would be the point of a change like this? We will be turning out backs on common heritage that we share with Britain. Changing from a Constitutional Monarchy to anything else does not save us money in the long run, and does not make us anymore independent then we already are. Adding a president or another layer above the PM might just add another election to spend money on. We should respect our history and the positive things that Britain has given us as a nation, as well as the great things that Canada has done as part of the British Empire.

what common heritage...in a 2006 census only 6.5 million canadians claimed english heritage another 4.7 million claim scottish hertiage but among Scots in scotland only 50% had any affection for the queen...being a country of immigrants the large majority of canadians have no common heritage with britain...this adult fascination with royalty is as mature as bunch of 12 yr old girls fantasizing over justin beiber...

what common heritage...in a 2006 census only 6.5 million canadians claimed english heritage another 4.7 million claim scottish hertiage but among Scots in scotland only 50% had any affection for the queen...being a country of immigrants the large majority of canadians have no common heritage with britain...this adult fascination with royalty is as mature as bunch of 12 yr old girls fantasizing over justin beiber...

Immigrants should adapt to the country, not the other way around. What is your reasoning to remove the Monarchy?

Aside from:

I choose to have more self respect than her kowtowing subjects, I ain't no one's subject

Tell me how would adding another layer of government improve my daily life? If we created a position for a president, what would change? Another election every four years? A figurehead with no historical significance to Canada?

Honestly, as they say, If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Edited by Signals.Cpl

Immigrants should adapt to the country, not the other way around.

we live on a pile of rock, the people are what makes a country, the people come from all over the globe and the culture changes over time, the canada of today is not canada of 40 yrs ago or 100yrs ago or 200yrs ago those canadas are long gone, nor will it be the same Canada in 40 yrs from now... society is shaped by waves of immigrants whether you like it or not, the reality is the country adapts to it's changing population not the other way around...
What is your reasoning to remove the Monarchy?
it's degrading to all canadians watch our PM wetting himself bowing and groveling before his supposed superior...how any adult can lower themselves to such levels is insulting to all canadians dignity a repulsive display of subjugation...
Tell me how would adding another layer of government improve my daily life? If we created a position for a president, what would change? Another election every four years? A figurehead with no historical significance to Canada?
who says we have to add anything? we have an appointed GG who does bugger all and country functions, there is no reason that has to change, call him/her GG, President, Big Cheese or Head Enchilada it doesn't matter it's a useless figure head position good for greeting foreign dignitaries...

improve your life? it'll allow to call yourself a canadian with dignity and not the footstool of your superior...

Honestly, as they say, If it aint broke, don't fix it.

quaint cliche's don't justify anything...

If you're going to spew venom, at least know what you're talking about. Kthnxbye.

British Prime Minister David Cameron said Britain would allow Scotland to vote on the matter of independence but urged the country to make its intentions known “sooner rather than later."
Salmond's party has said that if it succeeds in winning independence, Scotland would keep Queen Elizabeth II as head of state

Story

You can't win for losing some days. I imagine William Wallace would be asking wtf too.

Calling for abolishing the monarchy has always seemed to me to be a rejection of that heritage in the guise of escaping a domination that hasn't existed since before WWII, or even WWI!
IOW, like Russia in August 1991, let's for once tell the truth. Edited by August1991

She's the Queen of Canada. Our Queen is not the Queen of England. That seems to be the point you're missing.

Pick up a history book every once and awhile. July 1st was Dominion Day until the early 80s.

we live on a pile of rock, the people are what makes a country, the people come from all over the globe and the culture changes over time, the canada of today is not canada of 40 yrs ago or 100yrs ago or 200yrs ago those canadas are long gone, nor will it be the same Canada in 40 yrs from now... society is shaped by waves of immigrants whether you like it or not, the reality is the country adapts to it's changing population not the other way around...

We have an identity and a history, we can and should let some influence from immigrations but we cannot turn our back on our heritage as a nation ignore the shared history that we have. If we start switching our identity every generation because of immigration, soon enough French might be relegated to a non-official language when a minority overtakes French speaking Canadians.

it's degrading to all canadians watch our PM wetting himself bowing and groveling before his supposed superior...how any adult can lower themselves to such levels is insulting to all canadians dignity a repulsive display of subjugation...

Please do explain this

who says we have to add anything? we have an appointed GG who does bugger all and country functions, there is no reason that has to change, call him/her GG, President, Big Cheese or Head Enchilada it doesn't matter it's a useless figure head position good for greeting foreign dignitaries...

We have the GG, then the provinces have the LG's, we remove the Monarchy, we have to amend the constitution and what happens then when the provinces don't agree? What happens when Quebec does not sign because they want more power in the new constitution, or when maritime provinces don't sign because they don't want to give up the monarchy or use the change in the constitution to get something out of the federal government?

Its not as easy as having a vote and then switching, the repercussions in many of our institutions will be tremendous. There is our law system that has traditions that are tied to the British, then there are the RCMP and the Military both organizations heavily influenced by British customs and traditions and customs. Then there are dozens and dozens of other organizations that are one way or another tied to Monarchy and will be thrown into chaos trying to reinvent themselves for no other reason then our desire to change our head of state.

improve your life? it'll allow to call yourself a canadian with dignity and not the footstool of your superior...

I don't know about you, but I am proud of calling myself a Canadian, and I don't see how changing head of state will change anything significant.

quaint cliche's don't justify anything...

Neither does your inferiority complex.

She's the Queen of Canada. Our Queen is not the Queen of England. That seems to be the point you're missing.
No, wryly gets the point perfectly.

To claim that Queen Elizabeth is a "Canadian Queen" is a fiction presented as truth worthy of Stalin or the Soviet Union.

Edited by August1991

To claim that Queen Elizabeth is a "Canadian Queen" is a fiction presented as truth worthy of Stalin or the Soviet Union.

How? She is the Queen of Canada in a capacity that is completely separate from her role as Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. That she's the same person is irrelevant. She occupies 16 completely separate and equal thrones. That means that she is as much Canada's Queen as she is Jamaica's Queen....and the two offices have nothing to do with each other. The UK exercises no power over Canada, Canada has no power over New Zealand, and New Zealand has no ability to exercise power over Bahamas.

The truth may hurt you, but it's still the truth.

Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of Canada. To say otherwise would be like saying Stephen Harper is not the Prime Minister of Canada.

In my view that feel there are certain higher ups that would rather see Canada under USA rule than Britain. If I'm wrong about this than I wrong but when you see our miltary "harmonizing" with the US, or changing laws or rules under global economy to harmonize more with the US, make one wonder about the future. I think both the Libs and Alliance/Tory would serious think of more harmonizing but not sure about the NDP thought on this. Of course, it also dependant on the leader of the party, and Harper has shown more friendlier to the US than even Mulroney did.

In my view that feel there are certain higher ups that would rather see Canada under USA rule than Britain. If I'm wrong about this than I wrong but when you see our miltary "harmonizing" with the US, or changing laws or rules under global economy to harmonize more with the US, make one wonder about the future. I think both the Libs and Alliance/Tory would serious think of more harmonizing but not sure about the NDP thought on this. Of course, it also dependant on the leader of the party, and Harper has shown more friendlier to the US than even Mulroney did.

The US is Canada's largest trading partner, and our partner in continental defence, I'm sorry but we do need to "harmonize" in order to help each other.

realllly and where does this queen you fantasize about live? Toronto, Ottawa? Victoria? as I posted earlier if this granny is the queen of canada North Korea must be a Democratic Republic because it's says so right there in their name...

Conrad Black is more Canadian than she is, in fact every person who has chosen to make a home in canada is more canadian...what you're doing is self delusional word game it's like little kids playing dress-up, it's undignified for an adult to belittle themselves with celebrity worship, it's depressing watching grown men and women bowing and groveling to another because of their ancestry...

I choose to have more self respect than her kowtowing subjects, I ain't no one's subject :ph34r: .

You choose to be an ignoramus, obviously. Regardless of the feigned bravado, a subject you remain, just like the rest of us, subject to the laws of this land, passed by parliament and brought into force with the granting of Royal Assent either by or in the name of the Canadian monarch. You ain't no special exception.

The US is Canada's largest trading partner, and our partner in continental defence, I'm sorry but we do need to "harmonize" in order to help each other.

In the future while "we" are harmonizing you may wake up one day and find you are no longer Canadian but North American, one big country, no border. Time will only tell but IF this is going to happen it will begin very slowly not to draw too much attention, like now. I guess by all the conspiracies, we have to wait until the US $$ is worthless or whatever reason they will used for Canada and the US to have the same legal tender.

realllly and where does this queen you fantasize about live? Toronto, Ottawa? Victoria? as I posted earlier if this granny is the queen of canada North Korea must be a Democratic Republic because it's says so right there in their name...

Conrad Black is more Canadian than she is, in fact every person who has chosen to make a home in canada is more canadian...what you're doing is self delusional word game it's like little kids playing dress-up, it's undignified for an adult to belittle themselves with celebrity worship, it's depressing watching grown men and women bowing and groveling to another because of their ancestry...

So you want Canada to change because of your inferiority complex? It is completely irrelevant where she lives, as she is the Queen of Canada nowhere does it say that she has to live IN Canada.