Isn't it time to slow down immigration?

Your neighbours are all dumb asses? Is wulf a neighbour too?

We are just people that hate to watch our country being destroyed by other people from other countries that don't share our values......... certain people coming from certain countries have no intention of assimulating into our culture....they bring their fanatical religious beliefs here and are destroying everything this country once stood for........if you can't see that then you are an idiot!

Edited by wulf42

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are just people that hate to watch our country being destroyed by other people from other countries that don't share our values

Neither do i, but the fact remains it isnt, and they do.

......... certain people coming from certain countries have no intention of assimulating into our culture....

I dont worry about the few that are like that.

they bring their fanatical religious beliefs here and are destroying everything this country once stood for........if you can't see that then you are an idiot!

I may be an idiot, but I dont make up a scary man scenario to push my agenda.

For gods sake man, you live in Halifax. I am sure the culture remains as it has for the last century, notwithstanding a few hundred thousand immigrants that move to this country.

The Canada I know is alive and well. And I live where half the immigrants move. Something in me just doesnt want to believe Halifax is 50.1% immigrant or at the least born elsewhere in or out of Canada.

Neither do i, but the fact remains it isnt, and they do.

I dont worry about the few that are like that.

I may be an idiot, but I dont make up a scary man scenario to push my agenda.

For gods sake man, you live in Halifax. I am sure the culture remains as it has for the last century, notwithstanding a few hundred thousand immigrants that move to this country.

The Canada I know is alive and well. And I live where half the immigrants move. Something in me just doesnt want to believe Halifax is 50.1% immigrant or at the least born elsewhere in or out of Canada.

really? only a few that are like that?.................read this and educate yourself........ Canada is indeed threatened by Immigration Policies many that the Liberal party Introduced.....this country is in real danger..............of course we should allow some Immigration my point is better screening is needed to sort out people who will contribute from those who will launch terrorist attacks!

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/Commerce.We...eatCanadaUS.pdf

Edited by wulf42

really? only a few that are like that?

Yes, according to your link that is true.

.................read this and educate yourself........ Canada is indeed threatened by Immigration Policies many that the Liberal party Introduced.....this country is in real danger

..............of course we should allow some Immigration my point is better screening is needed to sort out people who will contribute from those who will launch terrorist attacks!

Makes one wonder why then did you vote for a PM who has raised , to all time highs, the number of immigrants allowed.

If you truly felt that way you would vote Lib or NDP.

No one, anywhere on MLW has suggested we not sort out the good and the bad. Nobody, nada zilch.

On the other hand, there are plenty who think a "closed" sign should be hung

Edited by guyser

Yes, according to your link that is true.

Makes one wonder why then did you vote for a PM who has raised , to all time highs, the number of immigrants allowed.

If you truly felt that way you would vote Lib or NDP.

No one, anywhere on MLW has suggested we not sort out the good and the bad. Nobody, nada zilch.

On the other hand, there are plenty who think a "closed" sign should be hung

Well in a post 9/11 world it may well come to that................even Osama has threatened Canada saying we are a legit target because of our involvement in Afghanistan...

it wasn't to long ago the P.M. himself was threatened.........did you read that article pretty scary stuff......the problem with Canadians is we are to ho hum about things.........we still have this stupid old only care about Hockey ,bbq's and Beer attitude....that was great at one time a matter of fact the enemy is counting on this attitude... but now we are a country now at war .......and the enemy is not only at the gates it is already inside!

Edited by wulf42

We are just people that hate to watch our country being destroyed by other people from other countries that don't share our values......... certain people coming from certain countries have no intention of assimulating into our culture....they bring their fanatical religious beliefs here and are destroying everything this country once stood for........if you can't see that then you are an idiot!

Define Our Culture please?

Does anyone really believe that this poster tells his half black wife that he wont allow her kind to live in the same neighbourhood as they do? That he openly advocates, by way of verbalizing to prospective homebuyers ,that they are unwanted as neighbours?

She sits there quietly while you stupidly denigrate her entire family and anyone elses who isnt white?

Yea...right. Once more for posterity ...Bullshit.

And, if for some chance she does? Well, you certainly married to your level. The less said about that the better.

Oh, and by the way , with your "kindness to strangers", and your obvious open mindedness about immigrants, it is no wonder you have had numerous guns pointed at you. But frankly, I will just add this....Bullshit.

Guyser, I'm, not going to get into great detail with you as you'll no doubt just turn it around some how to throw it in my face again so I'll keep it short as I can.

I can assure you that my wife doesn't sit there and listen to me,. In fact she hates it and won't listen to it. She works at the Loblaw head office on the third floor in finance, I assure you I'm not lying. If you know someone who works there I'm sure they've seen her. Don't believe me, that's up to you. As I've said I'm willing to meet for lunch to prove myself. She is far more forgiving than you are to be sure.

Do you want to know how I've had guns pointed at me? I live in copland aka Halton Hills. You figure out the rest. I see the worst of the worst everyday.

TCCK

I must agree it is time to close the door to people coming from 3rd world countries that come to have all the good of this country but never contribute positively to the country.

They want all the gold and glory of the country but avoid paying the taxes and costs of the nation saying that is the responibilty of those born here.

Well if that is their attitude I say we keep the coutry for THOSE THAT ARE BORN HERE! and turf the rest of them.

You may call me a bigot but as I get older I relize that so many people of colour quickly call us Canadian caucasins bigots and prejudice yet they are 10-20 times more prejudice than we are. They will not talk to thier neighbour because he is of a lower cast, they will not buy from that man because he is from China and therefore will try to charge too much, they will not have that nationality work on thier jobsite becasue they are bad luck, and so on and so on.

I hear it from people of colour all the ime and it sickens me then they call me a racist because I do not want them here or I want them to pay the taxes when they are asking me if I ill sell them something worth over $10,000 and can they pay CASH so as to not pay the taxes????

First of all, being born in the country doesn't mean a single thing. You are putting pride into something you did not earn or choose. It is a different matter if you choose to remain Canadian and/or fulfill your duties as a Canadian citizen. Being born in Canada or being born into a visible ethnicity is just a matter of luck. Skin colour doesn't mean anything to me, we are all human beings perfectly capable of sharing the same values and beliefs.

Being quick to stereotype is a sure sign of ignorance.

First of all, being born in the country doesn't mean a single thing.

It means quite a bit to most people.

You are putting pride into something you did not earn or choose.

Who says it's a matter of pride?

It is a different matter if you choose to remain Canadian and/or fulfill your duties as a Canadian citizen. Being born in Canada or being born into a visible ethnicity is just a matter of luck. Skin colour doesn't mean anything to me, we are all human beings perfectly capable of sharing the same values and beliefs.

We arree the wwooorld. We are the .... pht.

This is not a matter of skin colour. This is a matter of cultural values and the quite natural feeling of comfort people feel about being around those who are much like them. It can be quite disconcerting to find yourself living somewhere largely populated by people with entirely alien values and cultural beliefs who speak a different language and who you suspect regard you with hostility.

The fact so many immigrants, and yes, it's a minority, but still, quite noticeable amount - do not work, or work at low level jobs, paying little, if any taxes, or become involved in criminal activities certainly does not help fill one with the thrill of welcoming newcomers. Every slum seems filled with immigrants, and our newspapers relate the violence in our streets every day, accompanied by foreign sounding names for those being arrested. What is the ordinary guy to think of this? Why, he can justifiably ask, are we bringing over so many of these people?

And the only response is "We aree the wwwoooorld!" sung by, for the most part, politicians who live in very large homes away from the great mass of immigrants they're populating our cities with. The politicians aren't exposed to criminal behaviour, or any other behaviour. They're not on the buses and subways, and about the only immigrants they ever encounter are the cleaning staff in their government buildings, or the "cultural representatives" they cut deals with in exchange for voting blocks.

Being quick to stereotype is a sure sign of ignorance.

And yet generalities are generally true.

Define Our Culture please?

I like cats. Most of 'my culture' enjoys cats or dogs as pets. Other cultures being allowed into Canada eat same.

-------------------------------------------

Speaking words of wisdom, let it be, let it be.

---The Beatles

I like Hallowe'en

I insist that it be spelled that way too.

All Hallows Eve is acceptable

The Chinese doctor who lives around the corner from me who dresses up as an Asian Elvira (Mistress of the Dark) and gives out treats to the kids is also acceptable. Very acceptable, actually.

I also find highly acceptable the habit of Leaside fathers who bring a long a few beers as the walk with their kids door to door, and the generous neighbours who top up thefather's pint sleaves on the way.

Less acceptable are the nannies who take their employer's kids out trick or treating in Forest Hill, who are greeted at the doors by other nannies, parents being to preoccupied to be parents or to be neighbours...

This is my culture, welcome...

I am here to destroy YOUR country.

I don't share your values but I will make you share MINE!

:P

I ran a crew of chinese workers at CNRL and to be honest I will never do it again. These guys were getting paid good money like the rest of us yet I could not get any work out of them. You would think like most other tradesman you could hand them a print and they could go do the job with out me holding their hand at all times. But no, I would have to get a translator because they could not understand a word I was saying. And then when you finally do get them to do something they break all the codes and procedures. we spent more time on re work fixing their mistakes we were going backwards. And these were journeyman tradesman if this is the direction we are moving who needs a ticket I know labourers who have a better understanding of the trade than these so called journeyman.

I ran a crew of chinese workers at CNRL and to be honest I will never do it again. These guys were getting paid good money like the rest of us yet I could not get any work out of them. You would think like most other tradesman you could hand them a print and they could go do the job with out me holding their hand at all times. But no, I would have to get a translator because they could not understand a word I was saying. And then when you finally do get them to do something they break all the codes and procedures. we spent more time on re work fixing their mistakes we were going backwards. And these were journeyman tradesman if this is the direction we are moving who needs a ticket I know labourers who have a better understanding of the trade than these so called journeyman.

Yes and its going to get alot worse...............you won't recognize this country in a few years, it will simply be an extension of Pakistan..............oh well ......i can always watch my old home videos from the 70's...because that is as close as i am going to get to the Canada i remember!

Yes and its going to get alot worse...............you won't recognize this country in a few years, it will simply be an extension of Pakistan..............oh well ......i can always watch my old home videos from the 70's...because that is as close as i am going to get to the Canada i remember!

Coolio. As it is the level of biryani could use some improvement.

We have lost the cities, the culture their is self hatred and communism. That's why it's so important to take a stand in our rural areas and not let our traditions to be sterilized by the rich white Liberals.

Lenin did the same thing after the Bolshevik Revolution starting the USSR. The Bolsheviks forced everyone to be atheist's and denounce religion and wash every trace of it from everyday life.

Sound familiar?

We have lost the cities, the culture their is self hatred and communism. That's why it's so important to take a stand in our rural areas and not let our traditions to be sterilized by the rich white Liberals.

You are right about that!.......a walk around Halifax proves that point rather quicky.....unfortunately i think its too late the damage is done.

Lenin did the same thing after the Bolshevik Revolution starting the USSR. The Bolsheviks forced everyone to be atheist's and denounce religion and wash every trace of it from everyday life.

Sound familiar?

Fighting the lefty social engineers in court for five years I did see a repeating of history - The mentality was the same one that was responsible for the execution of my grandfather in early soviet Russia...60 years later I see the same SOBs on the march - but I was ready for them...I knew that they were the destroyers of culture - our rural red neck culture IS a cultuer - they believed that all free rural men and woman are a blight and are inferiour and to be distroyed - now if I were gayified and anti-family - these culprits would have assisted us ...but no - that attack was relentless - I suspect that liberals are ultimately the hencmen of neo-cons - so where are the real and just conservatives? I want to know.

Fighting the lefty social engineers in court for five years I did see a repeating of history - The mentality was the same one that was responsible for the execution of my grandfather in early soviet Russia...60 years later I see the same SOBs on the march - but I was ready for them...I knew that they were the destroyers of culture - our rural red neck culture IS a cultuer - they believed that all free rural men and woman are a blight and are inferiour and to be distroyed - now if I were gayified and anti-family - these culprits would have assisted us ...but no - that attack was relentless - I suspect that liberals are ultimately the hencmen of neo-cons - so where are the real and just conservatives? I want to know.

Not trying to be rude but.....

what in the hell are you talking about.........lol?

Not trying to be rude but.....

what in the hell are you talking about.........lol?

Appears that you and that Canada fellow are quite jealous of a man that sees the big picture and calls a spade a spade - I can not lift your intelligence level nor can I educate those that are dellusionary and do not want to deal with reality - apparently I went over your heads. Pay attention and don't let your egos and pride fog your vision or dull your ears - a person that takes the time not to be insecure and prejudice would know exactly what I am talking about..maybe this place is to small town for me...maybe it's time to move on.

It sure could. And i need someone to teach me to make naan.

Loblaws sell these frozen prathas that you fry in a hot dry pan....not quite naans but really good. I imagine when Canada is more like Pakistan we will get better take away naans...

It will be fun, eating naan, having a nice biryani, drinking a mango lassi and laughing a whitards too scared to leave their imaginary compounds....

Loblaws sell these frozen prathas that you fry in a hot dry pan....not quite naans but really good. I imagine when Canada is more like Pakistan we will get better take away naans...

It will be fun, eating naan, having a nice biryani, drinking a mango lassi and laughing a whitards too scared to leave their imaginary compounds....

Yup.

So those things are pretty good huh? I always look at 'em and think nahhh, cant be worth it. I shall take your word.

Now if we could only convince city hall to loosen the street food BS, imagine what this city could offer? I would go downtown for a stroll just to partake in some good int'l street food.

Hot dogs and sausage-----ugh.