Obama & the Race Card

Im voting for Mcain. Simple to me. Experience, Served his country (as far as im concerned that should be a qualification for public office barring physical disability), Intelligent, And I like his voting record. You can disagree with me all you want, but come election day, thats who my vote is going to.

Holy *flipping* shizt. You people are nuts, you know that?

Edited by Black Dog

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may not be off the mark. Conservative thinking (the oxymoron is not intentional) is, arguably, a form of psychosis as research has shown. See Researchers help define what makes a political conservative.

How many times has this stupidity been posted here? Well as least as many times as the opposite...

Holy *flipping* shizt. You people are nuts, you know that?

Its nuts for me to think that Serving your country in either the Military or other government function should be a pre-req before taking public office? How so?

Leadership leads from the Front, But in order to Lead you must first serve.

Never ask another man to do something you wouldn't willingly do yourself first.

Edited by moderateamericain

Its nuts for me to think that Serving your country in either the Military or other government function should be a pre-req before taking public office? How so?

Legislatures around the world are filled with people who, before they were elected, never served in the military or other government function. Are you suggesting that only soldiers and government bureaucrats are qualified to run for office? Perhaps you could clarify.

When are people going to get over a PERSON'S SKIN COLOUR/COLOR?????? The very first time I saw and heard Obama was in Feb./07 and he hadn't even decided to run for president. I found him very intelligent, very much relating to the life of a low and middle income people and he was a guest on Oprah. If I was an American voter I too, would vote for him and I think there's alot of American voters out there that believe the same way I do, the race card only sells news and I heard Fox news last night bring it up again.

When are people going to get over a PERSON'S SKIN COLOUR/COLOR?????? The very first time I saw and heard Obama was in Feb./07 and he hadn't even decided to run for president. I found him very intelligent, very much relating to the life of a low and middle income people and he was a guest on Oprah. If I was an American voter I too, would vote for him and I think there's alot of American voters out there that believe the same way I do, the race card only sells news and I heard Fox news last night bring it up again.

Obama should not be elected anything just because he is "black" (he's not by the way). Canada hasn't "elected" a black PM either.

Obama should not be elected anything just because he is "black" (he's not by the way). Canada hasn't "elected" a black PM either.

Name one black person who has run for PM? So the US will have its black president, which I think is really low to think of terms that why and Canada has had a female PM and the US is still waiting and so we're even.

Name one black person who has run for PM? So the US will have its black president, which I think is really low to think of terms that why and Canada has had a female PM and the US is still waiting and so we're even.

yet Canada has never elected a female PM

Ha! I like that.....Canada can remain "racist" while America remains "sexist". I don't need to tell you which is held in lower regard.

C'mon now, we know that if your skin is black, you're black, the end.

I don't recall a black person ever running in Canada.

The true test here would occur if a First Nations person ran for the top job.

C'mon now, we know that if your skin is black, you're black, the end.

Really? I wonder how that would fly in India? Race is a social construct.

I don't recall a black person ever running in Canada.

Yea, it's the "black people's" fault for never running.

The true test here would occur if a First Nations person ran for the top job.

Sure....."black" people don't count in Canada! :lol:

This is my favourite irrelevant Canadian BC2004 reference yet. Better than a parody. :lol:

Yea, black Canadians are irrelevant at only about 2.5% of the population. A president Obama will mean nothing to them, because they at least have a great white queen.

And of course, references to the USA in "Canadian" threads are forbidden and never seen in this forum.

Edited by bush_cheney2004

Legislatures around the world are filled with people who, before they were elected, never served in the military or other government function. Are you suggesting that only soldiers and government bureaucrats are qualified to run for office? Perhaps you could clarify.

Surely, I think anyone seeking Public office should have to come up through the ranks. I don't believe people who are the rich kids of influential people should be able to seek public office until they have served in some form a service to the great wealth. IE MILITARY, government public welfare, Firefighter, etc etc. The reason why I feel this way is look at the History of people being appointed/ elected soley on the basis of status. Certain Civil war Officers were Appointed because of there class, and President Bush everyone will agree got into office on the coat tails of his dad. I dont consider his Military history to be anything but bullshit btw. Weekend warrior that barely ever showed up that he was. Give me a Marine. John Kerry is a good example of somoene who in my eyes has earned the right to seek public office. John Mccain is the same.

Edited by moderateamericain

....I dont consider his Military history to be anything but bullshit btw. Weekend warrior that barely ever showed up that he was. Give me a Marine. John Kerry is a good example of somoene who in my eyes has earned the right to seek public office. John Mccain is the same.

That would eliminate Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama too.

Surely, I think anyone seeking Public office should have to come up through the ranks. I don't believe people who are the rich kids of influential people should be able to seek public office until they have served in some form a service to the great wealth. IE MILITARY, government public welfare, Firefighter, etc etc. The reason why I feel this way is look at the History of people being appointed/ elected soley on the basis of status.

That makes some degree more sense than the implication from your original post that military service was the prerequisite, "serving your country" not generally being a phrase applied to civil servants or firefighters, but to members of the military. That being said, I don't agree. Experience is a consideration as in any job, and a successful candidate is unlikely to walk in to office straight off the street. But I balk at making it an official prerequisite. After all, the myth that anyone can become president is a important one and the illusion must be maintained.

Edited by Black Dog

Just out of interest...

Rosemary Brown was elected to the provincial legislature of British Columbia in 1972, becoming the first black woman in Canadian history to be a member of a Canadian parliamentary body. A busy mother of three as well as an active member of the New Democratic Party, she ran for leadership of the federal NDP in 1975 but lost on a fourth ballot to Ed Broadbent. Rosemary served in the B.C. legislature until 1986, when she became a professor in women's studies at Simon Fraser University.

http://www.heroines.ca/people/brown.html

As only 2.5% of the population of Canada is black, I would say this is a pretty good start!

Edited by Carinthia