I Throw My Support to Obama

Guest American Woman
Shame about your head injury. I mean, I can't imagine anybody deliberately writing something like the above unless gray matter was actually seeping out of their ears and nostrils.

Sometimes your sig line is just soooo appropriate, eh? :P

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they do that when as you like to remind us ad naseum, Canada is a willing partner in The War Against Terror.

Because you have HRCs and no death penalty (except in Afghanistan).

Shame about your head injury. I mean, I can't imagine anybody deliberately writing something like the above unless gray matter was actually seeping out of their ears and nostrils.

Yet it remains child's play to frost your cookies...carry on the good fight as you must.

The O.P. just goes to show that satire is well and truly kaput.

As for the rest....

It's interesting: there have been as many attacks on U.S. soil in the seven years since 9-11 as in the seven years prior to it: zero. It seems unusual to credit Bush for returning things to the status quo when the simpler explanation- that there just aren't many terrorists in the U.S- is the more logical one. In the meanwhile: what is the state of the rest of the world, terrorism wise? 9-11 aside, the U.S. was never much of a focus for a movement that has always been chiefly concerned with gaining power in its own lands. Transnational terrorism of the Al Q'adea stripe was never the main threat and it remains a bit player despite its name brand cachet.

Somehow you don't count the Khobar Tower, 1998 embassy or 2000 USS Cole attacks?

• 2 weeks later...
Somehow you don't count the Khobar Tower, 1998 embassy or 2000 USS Cole attacks?

None of which occurred on U.S. soil (unless you want to get pedantic about embassies). Someone equally pedantic could point out that there have been innumerable terrorist attacks on U.S. targets since 9-11-in Iraq and Afghanistan, and many against U.S. allies.

Look: either Muslims terrorism is a grave and growing threat or it isn't. You can't beat the alarmist drum with one hand and pat yourself on the back with the other.

None of which occurred on U.S. soil

I'm almost positive that the first WTC bombing occured on U.S. soil, and was a product of Muslims terrorism.

Link

I'm sure some of you will recognize one of the names involved, Kaled Shaikh Mohammed. He'd turn out to have a much bigger role in a much larger attack down the road. I guess the convictions and jailings of some of his peers, wasn't quite the deterent the Clinton Administration's law enforcement approach to the problem had hoped for. Go figure.

I came across the following photo of Obama on a conservative blog.

http://www.theneweditor.com/index.php?/arc...of-Chicago.html

That photo begs for a caption but I couldn't think of anything clever that didn't include the phrase Saint Obama.

Ahh, a very nice picture of the Messiah!

Here's another one that begs for a caption.

Pic

man you guys must have gone to "im a sarcastic asshole" school because you are all masters of your crafts HAHA!

But seriously on topic

Obama is something of enigma to me. Look at his recent vote on warrantless wiretaps? I mean is that not that complete opposite of what being a social liberal is all about? I can't figure this guy out. Is he just positioning himself to look reasonable to moderates? To me he just looks like hes sacrificing values to get elected. And because of that, If hes willing to throw out core beliefs held by his political party and "SHOULD" be held by himself then why the heck would I want to vote for him. Just a personal observation.

Personally I think the Government is using the threat of terrorist action to strip away are freedoms.

Personally I think the Government is using the threat of terrorist action to strip away are freedoms.
I understand that argument, but the reality is that there are so many innocuous communications that the Feds are going to focus on people who seek the freedom to kill us. Trust me, the FBI, with a total of about 25,000 agents (or less) has better things to do than sift e-mails and phone calls relating to the organization of Saturday hockey or soccer games.

Trust me, the FBI, with a total of about 25,000 agents (or less) has better things to do than sift e-mails and phone calls relating to the organization of Saturday hockey or soccer games.

He should trust you that they are not abusing the use of wiretaps for political or nefarious purposes? How would you know?

He should trust you that they are not abusing the use of wiretaps for political or nefarious purposes? How would you know?
Nixon, the last President that tried to abuse wiretaps, didn't fare so well. That is a well-remembered, cautionary tale.

I understand that argument, but the reality is that there are so many innocuous communications that the Feds are going to focus on people who seek the freedom to kill us. Trust me, the FBI, with a total of about 25,000 agents (or less) has better things to do than sift e-mails and phone calls relating to the organization of Saturday hockey or soccer games.

Yeah but you also have to consider the NSA and the CIA as well. If you dont think they are looking around in Deerborn Michigan or Coldwater your crazy lol

Yeah but you also have to consider the NSA and the CIA as well. If you dont think they are looking around in Deerborn Michigan or Coldwater your crazy lol

Again there are reasons to snoop those places.

• 1 year later...
Definitely. It looks as though he's a lot better at running for President, than actually being President. :(

His approval rating has plunged faster than any elected President in history.