The Bush Administration and Kosovo

Why would the Bush administration recognize as an independent country the terrorist state of Kosovo.

By doing this the Bush administration has sanctioned the genocide of thousands of Serbian Christians in the Balkans (including the raping of nuns) and the creation due to Al Qaeda, a radical Muslim state.

I do not understand this type of U.S. logic.

Do you?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would the Bush administration recognize as an independent country the terrorist state of Kosovo.
To say that Kosovo is a terrorist-state stretches the term to meaninglessness.

Kosovo was officially part of Serbia (FRY) but under UN mandate for almost 10 years. This can't continue and Bush wants the UN out of Yugoslavia. I happen to think that Bush also wants to defend European Muslims against European Christians so that his War on Terror is not perceived as a war of religions.

It's worth pointing out that the dissolution of Yugoslavia (and the treatment of Muslims in south-eastern Europe) first provoked bin Laden and al-Qaeda.

To say that Kosovo is a terrorist-state stretches the term to meaninglessness.

How is that?

The CIA, the US and the UN formerly judged that the UCK was a terrorist organization, responsible of more than 10'000 death of civilians during the war in the late 90s. It was also recognized by the Clinton administration that the UCK was financed by heroin traffiking.

Americans have already forgotten that the jihadis plotters of Fort Dix, in early 2007, were albanians and that other plotters who attempted to blow up planes and subways in New York in 2004 were also albanian born. They were trained and financed by the UCK.

Strangely, the US are claiming to be engaged in a "global war on terror" but have officially accepted the independance of Kosovo, a known former "battlefield" for jihadis.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1973241/posts

Edited by Leafless

I happen to think that Bush also wants to defend European Muslims against European Christians so that his War on Terror is not perceived as a war of religions.

European Christians or Serbian Christians.

There is a difference as the Serbs are really not related to Western type Christianity as they are Orthodox Christians.

Anyways I don't think this has anything to do with it as Muslims are well aware George W. Bush himself is Christian.

European Christians or Serbian Christians.

There is a difference as the Serbs are really not related to Western type Christianity as they are Orthodox Christians.

Anyways I don't think this has anything to do with it as Muslims are well aware George W. Bush himself is Christian.

Bush is not a Christian - he is a sobered up born again funamentalist who could never grasp the concepts taught by Jesus...if he could we would have seen evidence of that wisdom by now...as far as the Orthodox Serbs - and Croatians - their bickering has been going on since the big schism - they are still going wacky over which way to cross yourself...what's strange - and I being an old school Russian Orthodox guy baptized in London at the Orthodox Russian Church in exile - is that I resented the Catholics most of my life - then I got a translation of the old Orthodox doctrines - and found out that they were almost the same - so - it's lunacy..for them to fight....I remember a young Canadian Serbian soldier who was trained in Canada - who got a summer job as a mercenary killing Croatians...and I think it was about 75 dollars a head - well this nut - did not have a clue about religion or God - but was more than willing to kill in the name of NOTHING - FUN AND PROFIT. So if there is one Serb that is that stupid then there must be thousands of these crazies in existance.

My take is this...

Russia supports Serbia = Bush supports Kosovo.

More of the same old same old.

Another major screw-up by the Bush administration.

Good....this means it was actually the right decision. The UK, France, Germany, and other nations agree. Canada didn't mind actually killing Serbs with bombs during Allied Force in 1999, but recognizing Kosovo's independence would really be the last straw. Oh my! :lol:

Good....this means it was actually the right decision. The UK, France, Germany, and other nations agree. Canada didn't mind actually killing Serbs with bombs during Allied Force in 1999, but recognizing Kosovo's independence would really be the last straw. Oh my! :lol:

Instead of backing up your opinion by hiding behind the countries that agree with you, why not tell us what was right about the decision in your own words?

Instead of backing up your opinion by hiding behind the countries that agree with you, why not tell us what was right about the decision in your own words?

OK...but you won't explain the absence of words from Canada.....bombs yes...words no!

Kosovo is largely ethnic Albanians, and UN efforts at a constitutional solution within a sovereign Serbia have failed. I believe this geo-political fault line should be recognized for what it is, and to the extent that the Republic of Kosovo brings much needed investment and opportunity from/for the West, it should be applauded.

On balance, the USA has recognized the Republic of Kosovo because the positives outweigh the negatives for American interests. Sixteen other nations have done the same for their own reasons.

Meanwhile, Canada doesn't lead or follow..it does nothing but hide behind the waning UN mandate.

OK...but you won't explain the absence of words from Canada.....bombs yes...words no!

Kosovo is largely ethnic Albanians, and UN efforts at a constitutional solution within a sovereign Serbia have failed. I believe this geo-political fault line should be recognized for what it is, and to the extent that the Republic of Kosovo brings much needed investment and opportunity from/for the West, it should be applauded.

On balance, the USA has recognized the Republic of Kosovo because the positives outweigh the negatives for American interests. Sixteen other nations have done the same for their own reasons.

Meanwhile, Canada doesn't lead or follow..it does nothing but hide behind the waning UN mandate.

Much needed investment and opportunity will not be the solution in the end. All it will do is enrich the dominant pricks that are already rich and there will be no such thing as a trickle down effect to the average guy in this backward and mandane grey state. The UN - are getting famous for one thing - having a study while the population is depleted through hunger and violence...It's as if the sole purpose of the UN is to re-wild the earth the rid the sacred land of those filthy humans who just breed and eat...ooooh - I did notice this about the UN - if 30 people are dying per month they have a study and wait for 3 months for the problem to correct itself - mean while there are no people left - hence no problem - the UN are occultist nuts.

Much needed investment and opportunity will not be the solution in the end. All it will do is enrich the dominant pricks that are already rich and there will be no such thing as a trickle down effect to the average guy in this backward and mandane grey state.....

I never got a job from a poor man...or nation. Go "pricks"!

What American interest?

Is it not premature to assume the illegal independent proclamation by Kosovo could result in all out war by the Serbs and Russia?

What is the U.S. to do then?

What American interest?

Is it not premature to assume the illegal independent proclamation by Kosovo could result in all out war by the Serbs and Russia?

What is the U.S. to do then?

Yes, it is premature to assume any such thing. Welcome to the new Eastern Bloc...stars and stripes style. No more need to smuggle in blue jeans. How about some missiles and fries to go with that?

Of course it makes sense....President Bush is a goddamn hero in Albania! Bringing eastern Europe "on-side" will include all manner of folk.

Save that campy "values" stchick for Canada.

Next time those murderous extremist terrorist attack the U.S., don't complain.

Seems what you are saying the 'WAR on Terrorism' is all smoke and mirrors.

Playing games at the expense of your allies, are we?

Edited by Leafless

From Kosovo? Dude...

Trained and financed by Jihad from Kosovo.

Post #6 gives reference to what I am talking about.

Americans have already forgotten that the jihadis plotters of Fort Dix, in early 2007, were albanians and that other plotters who attempted to blow up planes and subways in New York in 2004 were also albanian born. They were trained and financed by the UCK.

Strangely, the US are claiming to be engaged in a "global war on terror" but have officially accepted the independance of Kosovo, a known former "battlefield" for jihadis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fort_Dix_attack_plot

Trained and financed by Jihad from Kosovo.

Post #6 gives reference to what I am talking about.

Haven't you heard....Jimmy Carter got the ball rolling in 1979 with Afghanistan. America has interests and responsibilities that defy such a simple approach as "Post #6".

A superpower's job is never done......call us when you get that Quebec thing figured out.