"Canada's a dangerous place"

Guest American Woman

Non-rabid animals pose a greater threat. Two dog breeds developed in Canada or named after parts of Canada, Newfoundlands and Labrador Retrievers, are among the world's most vicious animals and alone make Canada a dangerous place.

Jewish areas of Westmount and Forest Hill, especially, breed terror attacks.

I thought all Canada had igloo conditions.

Yeah right, the Newf is a vicious animal. You realize that up here in the frozen chosen they breed Newf's for their calm disposition. I personally have never seen a vicious one, and I in fact have one for a family pet. I don't recommend them as guard dogs, they will kill strangers with kindness and kisses but they won't do a damn thing if the stranger is carrying your tv out the door. The Labradors are pretty scary though if you are a duck shot full of buckshot half a mile out in the water. Damned dogs can swim like a fish and NEVER forget to bring back your lunch to the boat. Both of these dogs have webbed feet, so they get called water dogs. Vicious, not hardly.

Now as to those terrorists in the swamp lands of Quebec, I don't know if they are Jews or Arabs or just IRA Catholics, but the FLQ was a nice home grown terrorist outfit.

But you do know this JBG, so why on earth would you pull peoples chains with this stuff.

Yeah right, the Newf is a vicious animal. You realize that up here in the frozen chosen they breed Newf's for their calm disposition. I personally have never seen a vicious one, and I in fact have one for a family pet. I don't recommend them as guard dogs, they will kill strangers with kindness and kisses but they won't do a damn thing if the stranger is carrying your tv out the door. The Labradors are pretty scary though if you are a duck shot full of buckshot half a mile out in the water. Damned dogs can swim like a fish and NEVER forget to bring back your lunch to the boat. Both of these dogs have webbed feet, so they get called water dogs. Vicious, not hardly.

Now as to those terrorists in the swamp lands of Quebec, I don't know if they are Jews or Arabs or just IRA Catholics, but the FLQ was a nice home grown terrorist outfit.

But you do know this JBG, so why on earth would you pull peoples chains with this stuff.

Black labs and Newfs definitely look mean.

As far as Quebec terrorists goes, it is not politically correct to identify all terror with Islam, so I must assume that Jewish areas breed terror as well. I'm a dedicated multiculturalist leftie.

And I think Canada is also at risk for terrorist attacks. This idea that Canada isn't at war, that Canadians are only engaging in peace-keeping in Afghanistan while the U.S. is killing people because that's what we do, is not being bought into by other nations.

We are certainly at risk because the the RCMP already broke up a terror plot & training camp a couple of years ago near Toronto.

As for the world's perceptions of Canada & the U.S. in Afghanistan, old habits die hard.

It's just all fear , all the time.

It might be better if we just stayed and home under the covers.!

Please hope that no one breaks in cause we'll be so paralyzed with fear, and that it better not storm because lightening could strike the house, and watch out for wind, don't cross the street, don't breathe the air, hell best just end it all now!

it's just all fear all the time.

A country of petty thieves, rabid animals, rapists with a gun problem and dangerous drivers who are under threat from terrorists, tornadoes, earthquakes, avalanches, forest fires and freak storms and with only spotty police enforcement to protect them.

That's the true north strong and free.

Travel reports for Canada issued by the foreign offices of Australia, the United States and Britain depict it as a dangerous destination from sea to sea. link

The tone of this article suggests that there are some in Canada who are miffed by Canada being seen/depicted as anything other than 'nice' and 'safe' (but I'm guessing there are also some Canadians who are more than happy to lose that stereotype). Truth be told, I don't think Canada is as safe as it used be; I think there are more gun-related problems/violent crimes in parts of the country, and I think these travel reports are an indication that others feel the same way.

And I think Canada is also at risk for terrorist attacks. This idea that Canada isn't at war, that Canadians are only engaging in peace-keeping in Afghanistan while the U.S. is killing people because that's what we do, is not being bought into by other nations.

I knew it was only a matter of time AmericanIwillkickyerassifyoudon't watchitWoman.

Lol.

I have not bitten any American tourists. I came close with a New York Yankees fan though.

Edited by Rue

Canada can be a dangerous place, that is a fact. On the other hand in my view there are lots of places in this world more dangerous. Weather poses a threat to the outdoors types. and clubs pose a danger to the indoors types. That applies all over the world and here is no different at all.

I would suggest that it is a matter of relative perspective. It depends where you are and what you are doing. Doing the wrong thing in the wrong place at the wrong time will only yield consequences that are undesirable.

Non-rabid animals pose a greater threat. Two dog breeds developed in Canada or named after parts of Canada, Newfoundlands and Labrador Retrievers, are among the world's most vicious animals and alone make Canada a dangerous place.

Only if you have a cookie in your hand.

Jewish areas of Westmount and Forest Hill, especially, breed terror attacks.

Not sure if true abut Westmount, but Forest Hill certianly plans terror attacks but only during the Hadassa Wizo Bazaar. Other terrorists could learn a few things observing the Forest Hill attacks.

I thought all Canada had igloo conditions.

Only in the far north and other places lacking affordable shelter... Alberta for one.

(by the way, they are really warm to sleep in.)

Short quiz...

9 of the 10 most venomous snakes in the world live where?

The Sydney funnel web spider, one of the deadliest in the world, lives where?

One of the world's largest populations of great white sharks is where?

Where can you find waters teeming with box jellyfish, possibly the most venomous creature on the planet?

The world's largest reptile, the salt water crocodile, lives where?

In what country are you likely to be confronted by guys with corks hanging from their hats?

Its sssooo dangerous here that hubby forgot to lock the door when he came home from work last night and....

... NOTHING HAPPENED!

How scary! We just cowered under the covers until we became brave enough to (omg!) go-to-the-livingroom-and-lock-the-door. *whew* I am so glad we are still alive, we barely survived the hordes of terrorists at the door!

... and there was a spider too! in the bathtub... I killed him with hot water... I am sooo brave!

I live in a so called sketchy part of ottawa, and I leave my keys in my door by accident sometimes. And I have left my door unlocked, and still nothing happened.

Someone mentioned there have never been terror attacks in Canada, some best be learning about the FLQ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLQ

Funny how so many (presumably) intelligent people can be set off by a little press news item.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me acquaint you with the world of the media....

Media revenue = advertising sales

Advertising sales = eyeballs

Eyeballs = Triggered viewers.

Triggered viewers = outrageous news items.

Thanks for tuning in.

• 2 weeks later...
A country of petty thieves, rabid animals, rapists with a gun problem and dangerous drivers who are under threat from terrorists, tornadoes, earthquakes, avalanches, forest fires and freak storms and with only spotty police enforcement to protect them.

That's the true north strong and free.

Travel reports for Canada issued by the foreign offices of Australia, the United States and Britain depict it as a dangerous destination from sea to sea. link

The tone of this article suggests that there are some in Canada who are miffed by Canada being seen/depicted as anything other than 'nice' and 'safe' (but I'm guessing there are also some Canadians who are more than happy to lose that stereotype).

I have to say, I found this article hysterical when I first read it in The Star. It made me wonder what our travel warnings of Australia, America and Britain look like. Did something happen that provoked them to unleash these dire warnings about us? Have we been scaring off tourists to Australia with reports of deadly jellyfish bites? Rampant gun crime in America? Terrorism in Britain? Really made me wonder. I got the impression that the staff reporter found it as funny as I did. I didn't take his tone seriously at all. We sometimes encounter, in The Star, some true great pieces of snark hilarity. And I've read a few of his other articles whose headlines or contents made me laugh:

An a-peeling proposition

Valentine's Day: A love of tyranny and a fear of intimacy

The city that walks, slips and falls

I've enjoyed all the articles I've read by him. I still remember the quote from his weather piece from last week: "Jack Frost has returned to Toronto with his pockets full of snow." :D

Funny how so many (presumably) intelligent people can be set off by a little press news item.

Ladies and gentlemen, let me acquaint you with the world of the media....

Media revenue = advertising sales

Advertising sales = eyeballs

Eyeballs = Triggered viewers.

Triggered viewers = outrageous news items.

Thanks for tuning in.

That's the cart before the horse. Actually it works this way

Content deterimines audience.

Audience determines ad sales.

ad sales determines revenue.

And that's why there are so few fluffy stories in the Report on Business.

Also, I would rather have a black lab, or newf dog over a pitbull, or even a shitzu

Shiloh, our black lab was one of the friendliest dogs I have ever known. But like any other dog, make a move on the owner and the dog will rip you a new one.

The only other crime is that the Dairy Queen around the corner here is not open all year rround.

Nope but there has been a Lab of some colour or other in our house for around 35 years and I sometimes wonder who really runs our lives.

A friend has owned a cockatoo for nearly 20 years and he got it when it was an adult. They live as long as their owners, are very bright and can be vain, capricious, spiteful, willfull and playful. If they had opposable thumbs they could very well have evolved to rule the planet.

Nope but there has been a Lab of some colour or other in our house for around 35 years and I sometimes wonder who really runs our lives.
You've had Labs in your house for 35 years and you're still alive? Who'd have thunk it?

We have about 5 on our street (and a few goldens), all totally ferocious.