And the Wall Came Down

buffycat

Morris won't have anything to do with any sort of source unless they support his side. He subscribes to the la la la la fingers in ears approach.

You having a converstaion with one of your small appliances again?

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's the rub, isn't it? What exactly constitutes a more or less moral side?

On the less side....

The one that either intentionally targets civilians or uses civilians as a shield.

Or in the case of the Palestinians terrorists, both.

On the less side....

The one that either intentionally targets civilians or uses civilians as a shield.

Or in the case of the Palestinians terrorists, both.

When you say targets, you are implying an action verb. Which action verb are you referring to?

When you say targets, you are implying an action verb. Which action verb are you referring to?

Are you being facetious?

target: v., -get·ed, -get·ing, -gets.

1. To make a target of.
  2. To aim at or for.
  3. To establish as a target or goal.

Are you being facetious?

target: v., -get·ed, -get·ing, -gets.

1. To make a target of.
  2. To aim at or for.
  3. To establish as a target or goal.

So if a government were to make a target or goal of displacing a civilian population, that would qualify?

It should be just as illegal for one side to shoot missles into civilian areas as it is for the other.

There needs to be a better balance of power,

There needs to be a better balance of power? So the terrorists can kill more Jews? That would make you happy, would it?

So if a government were to make a target or goal of displacing a civilian population, that would qualify?

Are you having problem staying with the topic? Or are you commenting on the stated goals of various palestinian and arab groups desire to drive the Jews into the sea?

Either way...

Are you having problem staying with the topic? Or are you commenting on the stated goals of various palestinian and arab groups desire to drive the Jews into the sea?

Either way...

Your problem, M.Dancer, should you accept it, is that you cannot distinguish news from history.

That's an interesting question. It is a well-documented fact that Israel (under Ben Gurion) sent terrorists into Egypt in an effort to destabilize the Nasser government and that those terrorist were caught, tried and convicted to the great embarrassment of the Israelis.

Would this be news or history?

There needs to be a better balance of power? So the terrorists can kill more Jews? That would make you happy, would it?

No that wouldn't make me happy at all. There needs to be a better balance of military power so the two armies can stop fighting around civilian areas. Fewer civilian casualties would make me feel better I guess but happiness would still be a long way off the mark.

Israel never intentionally targets the general population. If the terrorists use the general population as a shield, then that by international law absolves Israel and makes the terrorist in violation of the Geneva convention.

The usual Bullshit from Dancer and his ilks...

If YOU know that the building you are targetting is full civilians and you target it anyway - YOU ARE TARGETTING INTENTIONALLY CIVILIANS.

BTW - you don't have to bother even asking the Palestinians (in Gaza OR the West Bank) - you can ask the Lebanese as well, among others.

Do you ever write truths or only your spinning crap???

I'll repost for you:

B'Tselem

I would suggest you READ the WHOLE SITE and grow a neuron at the same time. (not holding my breath)

Edited to add another article from the Guardian, here I've hightlighted a paragraph which should shine some light on really WHO is being 'pushed into the sea' (pffffft *spit*)

Edited by buffycat

Israel never intentionally targets the general population. If the terrorists use the general population as a shield, then that by international law absolves Israel and makes the terrorist in violation of the Geneva convention.

Exactly, the terrorists hide among civilians, they use women and children as shields, while dressing burkhas, they deliberately target Israeli civilians etc. etc.

The RPG attacks are because they are unable to live peaceably? That simple huh...

RPG attacks? Are you thinking Afghanistan? You do know the diference between and RPG and a Missle yes?

Hamas is launching missles at civilian targets in Israel. Seemingly you would prefer it if Israel sat on it hands and did nothing?

What kind of government would that be?

It should be just as illegal for one side to shoot missles into civilian areas as it is for the other.

There needs to be a better balance of power, perhaps if the Palestinians were allowed to have the same sorts of weapons the Israeli army does they could make better choices and take their fight out into the desert. As it is they are cornered and this limits their choices and makes them more dangerous.

hahahaha. This is what passes for well reasoned thought by the far left these days? make it a fair fight?

unreal! It's like having to talk to a 5 year old about why the sky is blue. crazy!

RPG attacks? Are you thinking Afghanistan? You do know the diference between and RPG and a Missle yes?

I will use the correct terminology in future post. I was confused by the unguided part of the terminology and lumped them in with RPGs.

Hamas is launching missles at civilian targets in Israel. Seemingly you would prefer it if Israel sat on it hands and did nothing?

What kind of government would that be?

This ignores the statistics buffycat posted.

Let's reverse your statement:

Israel is launching coordinated attacks (disproportion in military strength) on the civilian population of the Gaza strip. Seemingly you would prefer it if Hamas sat on it hands and did nothing? What kind of government would that be?

Of course this ignores that the Palestinian people have lived under some form of occupation or another (direct or indirect) for the past century as conscious slaves within their own territory. Seemingly everyone has ignored my link to the vanity fair story about the White House funding death squads to incite a civil war. And no one has answered the basic question; Why are they firing missiles in the first place; what is their motivation. Does anyone truly believe that Palestinians live under normal circumstances? Did they just decide to shoot some missiles one day for the heck of it without any motivation?

Edited by lost&outofcontrol

I will use the correct terminology in future post. I was confused by the unguided part of the terminology and lumped them in with RPGs.

This ignores the statistics buffycat posted.

Let's reverse your statement:

Israel is launching coordinated attacks (disproportion in military strength) on the civilian population of the Gaza strip. Seemingly you would prefer it if Hamas sat on it hands and did nothing? What kind of government would that be?

Of course this ignores that the Palestinian people have lived under some form of occupation or another (direct or indirect) for the past century as conscious slaves within their own territory. Seemingly everyone has ignored my link to the vanity fair story about the White House funding death squads to incite a civil war. And no one has answered the basic question; Why are they firing missiles in the first place; what is their motivation. Does anyone truly believe that Palestinians live under normal circumstances? Did they just decide to shoot some missiles one day for the heck of it without any motivation?

They are launching missles int he deliberate attempt to kill civilians. The question is no longer why. They 'why' of that questions will not be an answer that you will like, but you can start with the 'education' system and end with their media. They are brainwashed from birth to hate jews.

But that is besides the point, the point is, they are indisriminately attacking Israeli civilians for death. Israel pulled out of Gaza! ie: they no longer occupy it and what do they get for it? missles lobbed at them. That point alone disproves yoru 'occupation' theory.

There are many other people that are MUCH worse off than the people that live in gaza that do not do this. Why?

answer: they hate the jews more than they like their own people.

So there ya go.

Israel is launching coordinated attacks (disproportion in military strength) on the civilian population of the Gaza strip.

So sorry, they are not....

Now lets deal with the other laughable part.....

(disproportion in military strength)

Yeah, so?

Would you prefer is retailiate by using half literate, poorly trained terrorists and suicide bombers who sneak in a blow themselve up on buses carrying children home from school?

What, prey tell is wrong with (disproportion in military strength)? It's the normal way to win...

Of course this ignores that the Palestinian people have lived under some form of occupation or another (direct or indirect) for the past century as conscious slaves within their own territory.

This has been corrected berfore....the palestinians have never had their own nation till they had the opportunity which they threw away in 48. They have been living under one state or another since they immgrated there around 400 AD.

And they have not then or now been slaves.

No that wouldn't make me happy at all. There needs to be a better balance of military power so the two armies can stop fighting around civilian areas. Fewer civilian casualties would make me feel better I guess but happiness would still be a long way off the mark.

If there ever were a balance of power then the Israelis (Jews) would be wiped out, because the Arabs wouldn't really care what casualties their military took to accomplish that, and none of them (Arab governments) have ever shown the slightest hesitation in or concern for civilian casualties - including their own.

The Hamas Charter.

-------------------------------------------------

Article Eight: Allah is its target, the Prophet is its model, the Koran its constitution: Jihad is its path and death for the sake of Allah is the loftiest of its wishes.

---1988 Hamas Charter