New Forums

Greg

• Forum Admin

Be advised, we making some changes to how the forum sub-forums are categorized. We are implementing some of the suggestions give to us by forum members, and hopefully this adds value to the forums as a whole.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to add them in this thread,

Be advised, we making some changes to how the forum sub-forums are categorized. We are implementing some of the suggestions give to use by forum members, and hopefully this adds value to the forums as a whole.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to add them in this thread,

I assume local politics is municipal?

Sorry to carp but it's not obvious to me what is the difference between "Political Philosophy" and "Moral & Ethical Issues". With a "Religion & Politics" category, you've added to the confusion. IOW, we have three categories that amount to (almost) the same thing and will probably be ignored because no one will want to bother looking in three places. I'd change them all to "Religion, Ethics & Political Philosophy". It will never be a heavily visited category but it deserves to exist.

I'd also like to see a category for "Cultural Questions" where we can discuss recent books, movies, TV shows and the like that have an impact on politics.

• Forum Admin
IOW, we have three categories that amount to (almost) the same thing and will probably be ignored because no one will want to bother looking in three places.

We may have to agree to disagree, as I do not think the three categories are overly repetitive. Charles and I will review the three categories - in a month or two - and we'll consider making changes if needed.

I'd also like to see a category for "Cultural Questions" where we can discuss recent books, movies, TV shows and the like that have an impact on politics.

Let me think about this for awhile,

Thanks

Nice new break up of the forums btw.

The split is logical

1) Religious issues as they relate to and/or affect politics

2) Ethical issues (which are not necessarily religious) as they relate to and/or affect politics

3) Religious and ethical issues that affect Canada and/or the rest of the world which may not relate directly to politics.

That is how I see the break up in any event and I applaud the move and the distinctions it enables users to draw in placing their topics. Kudos.

Not to mention theire impact on....culture and how that relates to the body politic....

Be advised, we making some changes to how the forum sub-forums are categorized. We are implementing some of the suggestions give to us by forum members, and hopefully this adds value to the forums as a whole.

Will there be an American style free speech forum where we can curse and use the F word freely? AND maybe insult other members with personal cuts....or how about a forum where we can talk about our dogs..and bad mouth our wives? Hugh - and spell real bad? Please!

Guest American Woman
Will there be an American style free speech forum where we can curse and use the F word freely? AND maybe insult other members with personal cuts....or how about a forum where we can talk about our dogs..and bad mouth our wives? Hugh - and spell real bad? Please!

"American style" = "cursing and insulting with personal cuts?" :(

I say "no thanks" to that type of forum.

I'm disappointed that there's no forum to discuss the media. This is where we get so much of our information. Anybody can say anything on the internet and it can be linked to an argument here. I think that MLW has missed an opportunity here.

Anybody have a link where media political veracity is discussed?

I agree...
We have two Afghanistan threads and two Canadian political polls threads, both started the the same "person". Why do we need a separate subforum when a thread (or multiple threads) would do?