A Muslim inmate has won $2,000 for bacon insult

ScottSA

Yup, different story if it was a Christian. This is just another attempt by our resident Muslim haters to cast poor light on an entire religious community.

On another note, I saw a bumper sticker on a car yesterday that read "I Pray - Get used To It" I'm still flumoxed as to what it meant...

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, different story if it was a Christian. This is just another attempt by our resident Muslim haters to cast poor light on an entire religious community.

On another note, I saw a bumper sticker on a car yesterday that read "I Pray - Get used To It" I'm still flumoxed as to what it meant...

That's an alternative way, dare I say a Christian way, of extending the middle index finger to the smug atheists.

And as far as I'm concerned, it would be completely different if it were a Christian or a Jew. This is a Judeo-Christian society and I hope it stays that way. I can't move to India or Saudi Arabia, become incarcerated, and start demanding fish on Fridays, and I would expect Muslims to extend the same courtesy. I daresay they're not doing us any favors by being here - especially if they're in jail.

I don't think anyone has ever said to anyone else, not to pray... I thinking I find it humorous, it fits in to this whole made up 'attack on Christianity' thing... O'Reilly would have been proud had he seen it.

As to your second point, thats the problem, we aren't just a Judeo Christian society, we are a multicultural one that is a whole made up of many smaller groups. I for one am proud of the way this country is headed. I don't see treating each religion with the respect it deserves as a problem, and I am an atheist, I could care less what others believe but fully support their right to do so...

The question that begs to be asked, why didn't he hoard the bacon and sell it for cigs. Just kidding.

When one is sentenced to serve prison time it's called punishment, not a holiday. This is another example of a justice system that has gone to far to the left, pandering to him because of his religious beliefs is nonsense. Frankly there are many in society that go to bed hungry nightly, all he had to do was ask for no bacon but no he had to demand halal meat. When in jail there should be no consideration on the inmates religious beliefs, he forfeit his rights when he committed a crime and was found guilty. Prison is for punishment and retribution, religion should have no merit at all.

Perhaps it's time Canada rethought "Freedom of Religion" before all the religious cry babies start holding out their hands for funding of special prisons, special prayer rooms, special faith based schools, etc. Wow that's what happened in England, only one faith demanded special status thou. The Religion of Peace is always the first in line for "Reasonable Accomadation". A PC leftest term which really means, bye bye to the host culture and hello Sharia Law.

Halal meat is slaughtered differently than infidal meat. It requires the animal to bleed slowly to death, it's considered cruelty to animals in Canada so they are required to stun the animal or drug it and then bleed it slowly to death. Not a pleasant way for an animal or human to die is it?

The question that begs to be asked, why didn't he hoard the bacon and sell it for cigs. Just kidding.

When one is sentenced to serve prison time it's called punishment, not a holiday. This is another example of a justice system that has gone to far to the left, pandering to him because of his religious beliefs is nonsense. Frankly there are many in society that go to bed hungry nightly, all he had to do was ask for no bacon but no he had to demand halal meat. When in jail there should be no consideration on the inmates religious beliefs, he forfeit his rights when he committed a crime and was found guilty. Prison is for punishment and retribution, religion should have no merit at all.

You do of course mean all "religious accomodatiions " for people in jail? Because the jails have a policy to provide kosher for example....

". A PC leftest term which really means, bye bye to the host culture and hello Sharia Law.

Quite a leap there isnt it?

Halal meat is slaughtered differently than infidal meat. It requires the animal to bleed slowly to death, it's considered cruelty to animals in Canada so they are required to stun the animal or drug it and then bleed it slowly to death. Not a pleasant way for an animal or human to die is it?

It may not be pleasant , but that is how your cows are slaughtered at Canada Packers. Stunned in the forehead and hung by the achilles and the throat slit. same with pigs, except they arent Halal.

Anyone for a roadtrip to Michigan? We can grab some McDonalds Halal Chicken Nuggets.

Reading quickly through this thread, I gather that some prisoner was paid $2000 to compensate for being served meals with no bacon substitute.

You gather wrongly. But the thread morphed and it is now believed that what you have observed is true.

Federal Court - David vs. Canada

The orginal post proclaimed this to be an example of Muslim thuggery.

You gather wrongly. But the thread morphed and it is now believed that what you have observed is true.

Federal Court - David vs. Canada

The orginal post proclaimed this to be an example of Muslim thuggery.

But only "prevailing parties" get an award of "costs".

Yes it did morphed. What's really about the outrage over our system - the way this incident was handled - had been deftly taken out of context, twisted around - with a determination by a few posters to make it look like it's a Muslim-bashing thread.

And if we didn't put a good lid on it, it would've morphed some more and would have included the USA system mixed in with ours, with the determination by the same few posters to make it look like it's a Jew-loving thread. :D

One thing about the muslims, they have certain of these religious beliefs about what one should and should not eat, but if its not possible to eat that way, due to 'circumstances', they are allowed to eat what they can. those are the preferred ways for them but their religion recognizes there are times when that isnt possible, due to war starvation or whatever, and allah will forgive them. most of the rules in islam are allowed to be broken under difficult circumstances. hence we dont have to pander to them in jails. BUT, if there's already a precedent for other religions, jews etc, then we should accomodate it.

Including rules against slaughtering innocent people?

i dont know. i'm no expert. but reading ome of their literature lately, it is in fact more tolerant than certain parts of the bible which also call for execution of people who transgress against the lord. people who have pimples, for example.

to be fair, christianity has much blood on its hands too. theres the so-called theory, and the reality.

but most muslims are ordinary people like you and me, not extremists. and extremists will find any excuse for their actions. no need to be an islamophobe though.

allahu akbhar

;^)

I wonder why the Jews have been suffering through these indignities in prison for a couple hundred years. I'm beginning to think Muslims are nothing but whiney thugs.

A Muslim inmate has won $2,000 and a partial human rights victory over a Correctional Service of Canada policy not to replace bacon with a halal diet for Islam-worshipping cons.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Canada/2007...514133-sun.html

Hey man. I love BLT's. But hell for $2000 I will tell you I am offended by them.

Lol. I am sure if I looked hard enough I could find you a lot of people for $2000 Jew and non Jew who will be offended by bacon.

Hell while I am on the topic what about ham! I mean what is with that? I mean how can your people eat something you present in a hairnet?

I mean that is offensive.

Haggas. Now that is offensive. How about blood sausage. Or what about those people who eat bull testacles or calf brains or make soup with chicken feet or pig snouts or fish eyes.

I want $2000 from each of them.

But only "prevailing parties" get an award of "costs".

Okay, time to break this down to exactly what happened:

1. Corrections Canada implemented a policy to provide meat replacements for inmates that have religious objections to things like bacon served in the standard diet to the general population.

2. This inmate raised a religious objection to bacon in his breakfast and asked for a meat replacement.

3. Corrections Canada denied this inmate's request at several levels up the chain of the complaint process...they basically said they have no budget for it and he's not entitled to have a meat replacement.

4. Corrections Canada's report regarding this inmate conveniently left out the part about how they had previously implemented the meat-replacement policy after having consulted with Human Rights personnel.

5. By Corrections Canada's own policy, this inmate is entitled to a meat replacement...as is any other inmate who raises a religious objection to bacon.

6. Corrections Canada fought this inmate right up to the Federal Court where the judge noted that there was a previous policy and apparent entitlement for this inmate that had been left out by the previous levels of decision makers.

7. This inmate "won" the chance to re-submit his complaint for consideration with ALL of the appropriate evidence and policy on the table...not hidden.

8. Because he had to pay a lawyer through all of these processes, this inmate was given costs...which are almost always granted to a successful litigant...to cover some of his legal expenses...expenses that were incurred to make the government do what it was bound legally to do from the outset...play by the rules (no matter the religion of the inmate).

No one can call this inmate's application frivolous because it was based in law and relied on CSC's policy...oh, and plus he won, so kind of the antithesis of frivolity.

If you think that CSC should not have this policy, well that's another story...and by all means argue your position as to why. But please, can we deal with the truth and facts of what happened here rather than continue to suggest that any inmate can complain about any piece of food on his plate for any reason and get paid $2,000.00 profit?

This inmate, as Peter F has tried repeatedly to bring home to the board, has done nothing wrong, has taken no step to change the law or change policy or obtain any new right or benefit...all he did was use proper civil legal non-violent procedures (our Judeo-Christian ones) to enforce a right that the government (our government) already previously said he has.

FTA

Haggas. Now that is offensive.

Funny you should mention it. I'm about to launch a suit against the Scottish government for inflicting on me the ancestral pain and suffering of haggis. Short of making us wear skirts and blowing loud discordant farts out the back end of a sheep's bladder, I can't think of anything more culturally demeaning.

Okay, time to break this down to exactly what happened:

..all he did was use proper civil legal non-violent procedures (our Judeo-Christian ones) to enforce a right that the government (our government) already previously said he has.

FTA

Thank you for your summation. Bang on.

The OP got his wish, to stir up crap and has now been shown to be wrong, another false premise from the start.

Funny you should mention it. I'm about to launch a suit against the Scottish government for inflicting on me the ancestral pain and suffering of haggis. Short of making us wear skirts and blowing loud discordant farts out the back end of a sheep's bladder, I can't think of anything more culturally demeaning.

I can, talking to you.

jbg:

Oh jbg. Stop pretending like you have a problem with slaughtering innocent people. You’ve made it quite clear on this board you have no moral objection to slaughtering innocent people as a means to an end.

You're great at taking things out of context or distorting them. For example:
Eventually, wars must be won. Sometimes, that takes an overwhelming strike, such as the ones at Dresden, Hiroshima, Tokyo or Nagasaki. When the war is being fought asymetrically, the civilians tolerating the guerilla encampments in their midst are inevitably bringing death on themselves.
My point is not that I want a lot of innocent people dead, but that their leaders are giving us no choice. If the people wont' reign in their leaders, they are giving us no choice, since we in the West are not about to die the death of a thousand cuts.

Can you comprehend?

I dont try to say their religion is any better than others, but we can cherry-pick parts of the christian bible that say similar things. Just trying to keep an open mind, to avoid mass hysteria.

I think one would be hard pressed to find Christ cutting off heads, assasinating rivals, slaughtering entire tribes of Jews, and raping 9 year olds, don't you? Perhaps you can cherrypick a few lines out of the New Testament to prove me wrong?

I think one would be hard pressed to find Christ cutting off heads, assasinating rivals, slaughtering entire tribes of Jews, and raping 9 year olds, don't you? Perhaps you can cherrypick a few lines out of the New Testament to prove me wrong?

its not hard, its actually far too easy.

but i dont need to do that for you. you can do it yourself.

if you really want an answer just google "new testament violence". theres a couple of web sites that will give you all the references you need.

if you mean though, that these are the actions of the muslim extremists, we can simply compare them to the christian church itself over the centuries, and find theres very little difference

inquisitions, crusaders, jesuits, murderers and cover ups.

raping 9 year olds? child molestation by priests, coverups and denials by popes.

i dont want to offend anyone who's a christian, or to challenge their beliefs because we are taking about extremists and oppressive totalitarian institutions. perhaps not at all what jesus intended,

these are the works of powerful men, and you know what power does to people...