Ontario Election Poll

Ontario Election Poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so who are you going to vote for supposing the Cons WILL BRING ETHNIC SCHOOLING.

But let me make it crystal clear, the Conservatives WILL give you ethnic, ghettoised schooling in Ontario with schools coming to your neighbourhood of students and parents who refuse to integrate into Canada.

What alternative do you propose?

Would you rather have a single, monolithic school system that must treat all students identically?

And where do you think that comes from?

Having lived in BC many years ago , and aware of the sentiment against Ont and TO specifically, I felt it was percieved alienation of the west.

Everything reported had a TO byline , be it financial , social , political (Ott) or whathaveyou. It bugged at first but then made me laugh when I figured out that of course most of the the reporting has TO bylines. The papers head offices are or were there, same with the national tv channels and of course Ottawa is down the road. Maximum impact baby !

Now I feel a lot of it is pettiness. Alberta is going great guns, although havng problems hosting all the new ventures. BC is doing well, but then BC just does what it does. As for Sask and Man, rarely hear anything about it.

What? Protest votes? Protest votes are never thrown away even under a system that has proven itself and has passed the test of time like ours now. What will happen though is if the new system passes (plese God spare us...) wingnut parties, fringe parties and joke parties that have been the traditional receipients of protest votes will not only get the dollars allocated for the vote, but actually may even get to foist an unelected member on the people.

All I can say is, thank Brahma that Doug Henning is dead.

Not to mention that the patronage appts will soar.

I will be voting to keep what we have.

Having lived in BC many years ago , and aware of the sentiment against Ont and TO specifically, I felt it was percieved alienation of the west.

Everything reported had a TO byline , be it financial , social , political (Ott) or whathaveyou. It bugged at first but then made me laugh when I figured out that of course most of the the reporting has TO bylines. The papers head offices are or were there, same with the national tv channels and of course Ottawa is down the road. Maximum impact baby !

Now I feel a lot of it is pettiness. Alberta is going great guns, although havng problems hosting all the new ventures. BC is doing well, but then BC just does what it does. As for Sask and Man, rarely hear anything about it.

Ok...I thought you were going somewhere else. But you know...it isn't even a matter alienation for me. It is just being tired of being in a "province of no consequence" that just happens to have a big pocket book. I mean, everyone east of SK thinks Alberta should share the wealth...it is "CANADA'S oil" they say...but then when it comes to the environment, DAMN YOU ALBERTA!!! You are screwing everything, but we have never once had a smog warning in Alberta. Go figure.

Edited by BornAlbertan

It is just being tired of being in a "province of no consequence" that just happens to have a big pocket book. I mean, everyone east of SK thinks Alberta should share the wealth...it is "CANADA'S oil" they say...but then when it comes to the environment, DAMN YOU ALBERTA!!! You are screwing everything, but we have never once had a smog warning in Alberta. Go figure.

Then look to Ottawa, not TO. But that aside, I dont see that. Perhaps I need to pay more attn,but I dont see nor hear of Alta being ignored.

As for share the wealth, well, thats what ONt has done for years. But I get your point.

As for no smog days, thats geography and weather pattern related, no more nor less.

But let me make it crystal clear, the Conservatives WILL give you ethnic, ghettoised schooling in Ontario with schools coming to your neighbourhood of students and parents who refuse to integrate into Canada.

I just really hope the ethnic schooling becomes a major issue.

And what do you think Dalton Mc.Guinty and the Liberals have been doing to segregate immigrants?

Former Liberal Citizenship and Immigration Minister Michael Colle was forced to resign after the province's auditor general revealed that over $32 million was handed out, without controls and often without even requests, to various ethnic and religious groups by his ministry during the 2006-07 fiscal year. Examples of the money dished out to encourage people to stick with their own kind are: United Jewish Appeal Federation, $15 million; Islamic Institute of Toronto, $500,000; Canadian Museum of Hindu Civilization, $200,000; and, Sikh Heritage Centre, $100,000. Now if this $32 million is not for the purpose of fostering, in the premier's words, "sequestration and segregation", it's difficult to see what other purpose it serves. Our multicultural policies discourage people from different religious and ethnic backgrounds to mix with the rest of society and no one is a greater proponent of this than Dalton McGuinty is.

Mc.Guinty SUPPORTS SEGRAGATION!

http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/weinreb091107.htm

Everything reported had a TO byline , be it financial , social , political (Ott) or whathaveyou..

It may seem like that and to be honest, much of what is reported comes reight from the horses mouth, but be fair, most of the horses live here. We have the H.O. of most banks, the nations senior exchange, the auto industry....so many business stories are filed here. Rarely anymore will you see an energy story that isn't filed from Alberta or a nudism story that isn't filed from BC.......

McGuinty is a weaselly liar leading a party of weaselly liars. He has done nothing to improve health care or education. All he's done is increase taxes and spending. He disgusts me more than any other politician in this country. His phony politician voice is like fingernails on the blackboard, and his ludicrous phony smile looks like it was painted on cheap cardboard and glued to his pasty white face. He is a gutless, sniveling, simpering, phony without the brains to speak without the words stuffed in his mouth, without the intelligence to think up an idea or respond to one without assistance, without the integrity to give you the time of day honestly. I am revolted by his mere existence on this planet, and the Liberal party of Ontario ought to lose every seat and every vote and be shipped off to Antarctica forever simply for having him as a member.

The fact this imbecilic nonentity was elected leader of the largest province in this country is an utter repudiation of the entire educational and cultural establishment and all their banal works over the past twenty five years.

Edited by Argus

McGuinty is a weaselly liar leading a party of weaselly liars. He has done nothing to improve health care or education. All he's done is increase taxes and spending. He disgusts me more than any other politician in this country. His phony politician voice is like fingernails on the blackboard, and his ludicrous phony smile looks like it was painted on cheap cardboard and glued to his pasty white face. He is a gutless, sniveling, simpering, phony without the brains to speak without the words stuffed in his mouth, without the intelligence to think up an idea or respond to one without assistance, without the integrity to give you the time of day honestly. I am revolted by his mere existence on this planet, and the Liberal party of Ontario ought to lose every seat and every vote and be shipped off to Antarctica forever simply for having him as a member.

The fact this imbecilic nonentity was elected leader of the largest province in this country is an utter repudiation of the entire educational and cultural establishment and all their banal works over the past twenty five years.

First, did you see the debate? You are correct about your choice of adjectives; you just have the wrong political party leader. Take your pick between Hampton, the inventer of truths, and Tory, the manipulator of truths. Then get real and get informed. Are you certain McGuinty's party has not done anything for education or health care? I wonder: do you actually work in the field of education or health care? I don't waste my time commenting on things I do not know anything about. Too many people have ideas about things they in fact no little about. Based on your posting, I suspect you have some ideas about things you really don't know anything about. Save your opinion unless it's informed.

First, did you see the debate?

Nope. Don't need to. Already made up my mind. Made it up years ago.

You are correct about your choice of adjectives; you just have the wrong political party leader. Take your pick between Hampton, the inventer of truths, and Tory, the manipulator of truths. Then get real and get informed.

You're claiming to be informed, are you? In what? Certainly you know nothing about what the Liberals have been doing since elected.

Or else you're simply being dishonest. And since you're a Liberal you clearly place no value on honesty.

Nope. Don't need to. Already made up my mind. Made it up years ago.

You're claiming to be informed, are you? In what? Certainly you know nothing about what the Liberals have been doing since elected.

Or else you're simply being dishonest. And since you're a Liberal you clearly place no value on honesty.

Interesting, so out of simple curiosity, if the PC's or CPC ran an old yeller dog, whould you vote for it based on a decision made years ago?

and Liberal comment was most definately uncalled for.

But tell us how you really feel.

I really wanted tro watch the debates as I am still undecided, but they started during dinner and we don't eat and watch TV at the same time. What's more it was steak and kidney pie so you have to set priorities.

Basically, I want to vote against the Liberals but I haven't been convinced that Tory is the leader I want. Call me shallow, but being the former executive of Rogers Cable and one of the people responsible for negative billing mean he has 2.9 strikes against him. Being a neophyte politician with a habit of putting his foot in his mouth actually improves his chances with me as I like to know right away when a politician is lying to me, rather than wait till Sandy Renaldo tells me.

Hampton comes off to me a mealy mouthed offal brained union mouthpiece who if hell froze over and won the election he would make the best premier Michigan and Ohio have ever seen. He appears to me the kind of NDP unionist who knows everything about redistributing wealth but zero about creating it, has brilliant ideas about ending social injustice but is oblivious to the injustices they create.

Rule of thumb, never trust a politician married to a politician. That goes double for the NDP. It's like if they didn't have politics, they couldn't get a real world job or a real person date.

• 3 weeks later...
This forum sooo represents the views of the general population.

OMG you know what it does.

Unbelievably it does.

When you take away the immgirant vote from this election, these numbers are to the tee.

I'm serious.

10/11 x 3 = 30 PC/NDP and 33 Liberal seats.

Amazing!

(I was tallking about these poll results on this topic and then comparing within ration to the real results. Unreal)

Edited by mikedavid00