Ontario Election Poll

Ontario Election Poll  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok so who are you going to vote for supposing the Cons WILL BRING ETHNIC SCHOOLING.

But let me make it crystal clear, the Conservatives WILL give you ethnic, ghettoised schooling in Ontario with schools coming to your neighbourhood of students and parents who refuse to integrate into Canada.

I know a lot of promises get made and never come to fuition, but suppose that garunteed it WILL happen, are you still going to vote for the Con's?

I know I will not be becuase it's a far too important issue for Canada as a whole... plus I find Tory more of an NDP'er rather than a Conservative. He's at a city politics level IMO.. he's too 'idealistic' which tends to get us Canadians in trouble.

Wow I never though I would vote Liberal but I guess it's time to put a sign on my lawn.. well.. i guess that depends who my representative is.. If he's someone who hijacked a nominmation for his riding, then he's not getting on my lawn and I'm voting no one. They can all go to hell.

I just really hope the ethnic schooling becomes a major issue.

Edited by mikedavid00

I'm voting for a higher standard of social literacy.

mikedavid ... do you mean the faith-based schools ... many of which are (white) Christian schools ... Is that what you meant by "ethnic"? :blink:

No it's not faith based. It's ethnic schooling.

Look at the outlines of what's involved. It will be ethnic ghettoization schooling. That's the last thing we need.

Little childre grow up to be big adults.

I'd vote for whatever party stops plumping for more French language education. English is the language.

Well having french catholic cousins and listening to their side of it, I don't quite know about that. English is a wonderful language but hard to learn, too many words that are spelt the same but mean different things for instance. Have you ever tried to talk to a local Glaswegian in Glasgow?

Ok so who are you going to vote for supposing the Cons WILL BRING ETHNIC SCHOOLING.

But let me make it crystal clear, the Conservatives WILL give you ethnic, ghettoised schooling in Ontario with schools coming to your neighbourhood of students and parents who refuse to integrate into Canada.

I know a lot of promises get made and never come to fuition, but suppose that garunteed it WILL happen, are you still going to vote for the Con's?

I know I will not be becuase it's a far too important issue for Canada as a whole... plus I find Tory more of an NDP'er rather than a Conservative. He's at a city politics level IMO.. he's too 'idealistic' which tends to get us Canadians in trouble.

Wow I never though I would vote Liberal but I guess it's time to put a sign on my lawn.. well.. i guess that depends who my representative is.. If he's someone who hijacked a nominmation for his riding, then he's not getting on my lawn and I'm voting no one. They can all go to hell.

I just really hope the ethnic schooling becomes a major issue.

I like the idea of a poll, but I wish you had also included other.

Big problem for me, I don't agree with faith based schooling (or RC funded schools for that matter) but I sure wouldn't vote NDP, and even if I thought about voting Liberal, I can't in my riding as I know enough about this guy that I couldn't even hold my nose and vote for him.

Big problem for me, I don't agree with faith based schooling (or RC funded schools for that matter) but I sure wouldn't vote NDP, and even if I thought about voting Liberal, I can't in my riding as I know enough about this guy that I couldn't even hold my nose and vote for him.

What riding are you in?

I wouldn't support faith based school funding.

I can't see it doing us any favours, but splitting us up more.

Edited by madmax

I am voting for the Liberals, more for my candidate, than for Dalton McGuinty. But, I think even Dalton is better than John Tory, although I do support faith based schools.

I like the Liberals for haivng hte vison to and chutzpah to make their MoveOntario 2020 plan. The transit improvements wil be the key to keep the Toronto area thriving through the upcoming years of ever more expensive fuel, and presently exsting gridlock. The Tories seem to want to dig themselves into a hole like groundhogs, afraid of the light, favoring the past.

I'd vote for whatever party stops plumping for more French language education. English is the language.

Bien non, Tu comprend un gars qui prend les deux langues, gagne plus d'argent eh? Mon neveu travail pour BMO en Montréal, Ils est une directeur adjoint pour une division de mastercard avec les clients en tout de Canada. Par ce que il est bilangue il fait plus de les autres.

So it is simple, bilingual speakers make more money.

Catholic board's pilot program shows that all-day classes boost reading, social skills in young children

Sep 07, 2007 04:30 AM

Kristin Rushowy

Education Reporter

The full-day kindergarten classes at St. Thomas More school are so successful the teacher in charge of helping struggling readers is out of a job.

The three-year-old pilot program for senior kindergarten students, run by the Toronto Catholic District School Board, has all but eliminated literacy troubles in younger students, while boosting their numeracy and social skills.

http://www.thestar.com/OntarioElection/article/254137

Not to mention aleviating a struggling daycare problem....those darn catholic schools....so ahead of the ...public system

The Catholic board began the pilot program in the schools in 2004 in response to the growing body of research on the importance of the early years and, in particular, studies by renowned child development experts Fraser Mustard and Margaret McCain, who advocate a system of community hubs – usually in schools – to provide services to children and their parents.
Yesterday, Premier Dalton McGuinty announced that, if re-elected, the Liberals will offer such programs starting in 2010.

Hmmmm.....my boy will be 6.....too late for that, but will McGuinty keep his election promise?

What riding are you in?

I wouldn't support faith based school funding.

I can't see it doing us any favours, but splitting us up more.

For decades it has been going along fine. Hasn't caused any problems. The problems have arisen in that the "culture" of Canada itself is under attack...or should I say forcefully being re-defined.

I for one feel that if there are enough students to populate a religion based school in a particular areas....I don't give a rats ass if it is Christian, Punjab or Buddhist...if it can meet the educational requirements and it can be filled without publicly funded transportation to and from...then let them have them. The only way I can see a problem arise is if the school is not filled to capacity due to lack of a "targetted audience".

How can a person argue against religion in schools because there is something fundamentally and morally "wrong" about it...yet there is no problem with openly contradicting a persons belief structure by proposing something like the big bang...that is a THEORY. And is just as fathomable as Creation Theory. It is amazing how we pick and choose where we are allowed to discriminate.

I am curious , why the humble pie?

Thank you, I like the word.

Because they are the "economic engine" and they let you know it. Yet they constantly complain to the feds for more money. The denigrate provinces like Alberta because they don't kiss their asses and make and do their own will. Most of my family is from Ontario. Spent a lot of time in Ontario. But it's problem is Toronto. I don't give a damn if it is the largest city in Canada. I don't care if Ontario has the most people. The fact of the matter is ONE fricking city dictates to a province and subsequently dictates to the country.

That is why I always say, I love Canada...but I love Alberta more. If there ever came a referendum vote for separation...I would think long and hard about it. Because the Canada I live in is NOT the Canada I grew up in. I don't like the Canada I live in right now very much at all to be honest.

Shall we thank Trudeau or Chretien for that one?

Because they are the "economic engine" and they let you know it. Yet they constantly complain to the feds for more money.

Considering the amount of money that is provided the Province and the Feds thru TO, it makes sense on both counts.

The Feds ignore the problems of the city , in part because they cause them. Go to Ottawa and see the beauty of it, none of which the city could ever hope to afford , without the aid of the rest of the province.

The denigrate provinces like Alberta because they don't kiss their asses and make and do their own will.

I have no idea what that is all about. I do not hear it at all.

Most of my family is from Ontario. Spent a lot of time in Ontario. But it's problem is Toronto. I don't give a damn if it is the largest city in Canada. I don't care if Ontario has the most people. The fact of the matter is ONE fricking city dictates to a province and subsequently dictates to the country.

Dictates? Methinks you are buying the Calgary kool-aid. If we dictated the city would be in good shape as the taxes raised here would be spent here in greater proportion than it currently is.As TO goes so does Ontario, and in many ways, so does the ROC.

That is why I always say, I love Canada...but I love Alberta more. If there ever came a referendum vote for separation...I would think long and hard about it. Because the Canada I live in is NOT the Canada I grew up in. I don't like the Canada I live in right now very much at all to be honest.

Shall we thank Trudeau or Chretien for that one?

Sorry you feel that way. Is any place better? As for thanking anyone, thank your fellow citizens. It is up to all of us to make this country work, not Chretien nor Trudeau , although I know where that comes from.

I've been so thoroughly unimpressed with all three major parties that I'll be voting Green as a protest vote. I don't see any party swaying my vote any time soon.

The only problem is that my riding's voted Liberal federally and provincially for 50 years. And idiots wonder why that party takes Toronto for granted.

Oh, and I'll definitely be voting for the new election system, which is probably as important as the election itself. Strange that no one's mentioned it. That way future votes like mine won't be thrown away completely.

That way future votes like mine won't be thrown away completely.

What? Protest votes? Protest votes are never thrown away even under a system that has proven itself and has passed the test of time like ours now. What will happen though is if the new system passes (plese God spare us...) wingnut parties, fringe parties and joke parties that have been the traditional receipients of protest votes will not only get the dollars allocated for the vote, but actually may even get to foist an unelected member on the people.

All I can say is, thank Brahma that Doug Henning is dead.