Khadr should make us ashamed to be Canadian

He killed somebody. Like I said before. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

He didn't just kill someone, he murdered someone. And he likely murdered others we'll never know about. He also committed treason and engaged in other war crimes.

Edited by kraychik

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, since the conventions are very specific about the age of 15. I didn't pick the number at random; it's where both Section 77.2 of Additional Protocol I to the 1949 Geneva Conventions and Article 38 of the 1990 Convention on the Rights of the Child draw the line.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to call the change that brings the Conventions into the 21st century the Khadr Amendment. In the distant future, assuming there is one, he'll probably loom large in celebrations commemorating the end of the Age of Injustice and the dawn of civilization on Earth.

In the meantime, we and especially you, should hang our heads in shame.

Edited by eyeball

Watch Son of Al-Qaeda, it was a documentary series released through PBS Frontline quite a few years ago. Omar Khadr's brother, Adburahman, talks about it. I'm not responsible if you haven't informed yourself about the story.

Why don't you go back and read the first 142 pages of this forum topic before accusing someone of ignorance. You keep mentioning one documentary. I've seen it and others and discussed them already in this forum topic, newbie.

Here's another American who didn't think Omar deserved to be in Gitmo (just to do your research for you):

Damien Corsetti was known as “The Monster” during his time at the U.S. prison in Bagram when he met Canadian prisoner Omar Khadr.

The imposing, bald, former army interrogator is now a disabled veteran receiving treatment for post traumatic stress disorder and testified Wednesday war crimes hearings here about what one lawyer called his “soft spot” for the Toronto-born detainee.

He described a 15-year-old Khadr as an injured “child” detained in “one of the worst places on Earth.”

Gitmo Torturer felt guilty about Omar....

Edited by Radsickle

I see. So people who agree with you are intelligent, educated people concerned only in the truth - as those who disagree with you, prove you wrong, are "celebrity seeking, cliche-ridden idiots." And of course your sources are unbiased, fair and balanced, not left-wing crap newspapers - because we all know the only "crap newspapers" are those which prove you wrong and/or don't agree with you - which also automatically makes them right-wing.

Got'cha. ;)

In my opinion, The Toronto Sun is a right-leaning paper that promotes right-leaning viewpoints. It's like Fox News, but North of the 49th (that means in Canada for all those who can't understand the reference).

Yes, those who agree with me are more enlightened than the right-wing war-mongerers who think Omar's been treated properly these past few years.

And the `Forensic Psychiatrist' you mentioned is very much a twit; he says the same thing about every muslim person. He's playing America's xenophobia for his own career's advancement. I think he's been mentioned before in this forum but I don't care enough about the shrink to check....

Don't you have another example?

Edited by Radsickle

He killed somebody. Like I said before. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Beeep. This is a recording.... Beep

Do you have any other cliches, trite phrases or colloquialisms to add to this enlightened discussion, Shady one?

Is it a crime to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Omar didn't kill anyone but many rabid Canadians want to kill him for being where his father told him to be.

Canada's less of a country than it used to be; more shady, less true.

No...I got it alright...and I understand your DNA driven compulsion to define things in American terms.

Only because the right wing up here only understands issues through American Media lenses. It's a handicap we've inherited from the Baby-Boomer's infatuation with your f'ed-up culture.

Edited by Radsickle

Evidently, according to bambino, if a child in Africa is made a soldier at 7 years old, is forced to murder people and do drugs, but is caught at 15... he is no longer a child soldier, but a completely autonomous and rational combatant.

So what are you supposed to do with him? Turn him loose because he had a bad childhood? Or put him in an ineffectual rehabilitation program which "respects" his views and "religion"?

a while back there was former child soldier from africa in the news in canada and he was greeted warmly everywhere, it wasn't his fault he was the victim and was celebrating his freedom in Canada...

There is a good book that my children are reading called "A Long Way Home" about a child soldier rescued from Sierra Leone's internal wars and now living in New York City. The difference is he wasn't killing Canadian or U.S. troops. And he did not hate his rescuing country.

There is a good book that my children are reading called "A Long Way Home" about a child soldier rescued from Sierra Leone's internal wars and now living in New York City. The difference is he wasn't killing Canadian or U.S. troops. And he did not hate his rescuing country.

Omar doesn't hate Canada or the US. He was a kid caught up in a war. Whether he killed any US troops that day is still debatable and he NEVER killed Canadian troops. An honourable US Soldier saved Omar's life and he's been trying to co-operate ever since but has become the victim of North American hate.

Edited by Radsickle

Omar doesn't hate Canada or the US.

You are right on this one, his family LOVES Canada and our healthcare... I mean how could they not? Those animals fight against us, kill our soldiers and should they ever get hurt or captured they cry that Canada is not doing enough to free them. I mean we are already paying for his brothers healthcare, now we have this freak to deal with.

He was a kid caught up in a war. Whether he killed any US troops that day is still debatable

He was 16, and he damn well knew what he was doing.

and he NEVER killed Canadian troops.
IED's have killed a lot of Canadian soldiers, for all we know the IED's he build were used against our troops, and they were definitely used against our allies.
An honourable US Soldier saved Omar's life and he's been trying to co-operate ever since but has become the victim of North American hate.

Yeah, I'm sure he has been "trying" to "cooperate" ever since...

So what are you supposed to do with him? Turn him loose because he had a bad childhood? Or put him in an ineffectual rehabilitation program which "respects" his views and "religion"?

So those are the only two choices here -- set him free or put him in a program that doesn't work?

Omar didn't kill anyone...
Omar doesn't hate Canada or the US...

People shouldn't claim with absolute certainty that he hates this or that and did kill a person or people (though he was apparently witnessed doing so and admitted to it himself). However, it's certainly hypocritical for you to attack people for making unfounded assertions just before engaging in the same act yourself.

[ed.: c/e, +]

Edited by g_bambino

Guest American Woman

Does anyone know of a quote, an instance, where Omar speaks of regret for his choices, his actions; where he says he felt forced, that he had no choice, and that he regrets it all?

That's obviously a pile of crap so why would you even think it never mind post it in a public forum?

Born:

September 19, 1986

Captured:

July 27, 2002

Now lets do the math, he was 15 years and 311 days, now to you the extra 54 days might make a tremndous difference but to me they dont. You and people like you prefer to say that little shit was 15 when captured but the reality he was less than a month from 16 that...