Iran Arming Taliban

Bomb Tehran.

What a cruel and stupid comment. (from M.Dancer, I presume.)

How many women and children does M.Dancer want killed? What's his body-count target of innocents to satisfy his bloodlust?

But even as stupid as the idea of bombing Tehran is, does it compare to the stupidity of braying vicious foreign policy about a country you can't even locate? M.Dancer's title for this thread reveals an astonishing ignorance of geography -- HELLO! Iran is EAST of Iraq, not west. Oh, and HELLO, Iran is WEST of Afghanistan, not south.

Wouldn't it be better for someone so ignorant of such simple basics to STFU for a change and let the grown-ups talk? He might even learn something. (...Okay it's a remote possibility, but it could happen.)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't like George Bush much, I wouldn't vote for him. But hate?! Nah. There are much worse people in the world with George W. Bush.

I think of millions of people whose lives have been turned upside down because of his decisions and the hundreds of thousands of people who've lost a loved one because of his decisions and it's quite easy for me to hate him. He's no different to me than Osama Bin Laden.

Bomb Tehran.

How many women and children does M.Dancer want killed? What's his body-count target of innocents to satisfy his bloodlust?

But even as stupid as the idea of bombing Tehran is, does it compare to the stupidity of braying vicious foreign policy about a country you can't even locate? M.Dancer's title for this thread reveals an astonishing ignorance of geography -- HELLO! Iran is EAST of Iraq, not west. Oh, and HELLO, Iran is WEST of Afghanistan, not south.

Wouldn't it be better for someone so ignorant of such simple basics to STFU for a change and let the grown-ups talk? He might even learn something. (...Okay it's a remote possibility, but it could happen.)

And then bomb the Saudis.

Edit: Well, aren't you getting uppity! Perhaps you have trouble handling the stress of thinking you are always right.

I'm European, and the perceived danger in Europe is US or Russia.

And???? I'm also European and the perceived danger is Iran, China and North Korea. As far as I re-call, I am yet to hear of threats of an American attack. Granted, some people perceive threats to be Teletubbies...and their "sodomite" manipulations. We are free to imagine whatever we wish, no matter how irrational it may be.

i think it depends on what kind of European you are, really:)

for Polish, Estonians, Finland, for example, Mother Russia is the biggest perceived threat,

for me, i have nothing to do with N Korea, Iran, more than Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe, just examples.

Croatia, Slovenia, doesn't perceive any threat. Serbia is afraid of US, Germany is a friend of Russia, England is a friend of US, and of Russia's rich tycoons :P

China, maybe, economically, with invasion of cheap workers and products.

I'm European, and the perceived danger in Europe is US or Russia.

And???? I'm also European and the perceived danger is Iran, China and North Korea. As far as I re-call, I am yet to hear of threats of an American attack. Granted, some people perceive threats to be Teletubbies...and their "sodomite" manipulations. We are free to imagine whatever we wish, no matter how irrational it may be.

i think it depends on what kind of European you are, really:)

for Polish, Estonians, Finland, for example, Mother Russia is the biggest perceived threat,

for me, i have nothing to do with N Korea, Iran, more than Sri Lanka or Zimbabwe, just examples.

Croatia, Slovenia, doesn't perceive any threat. Serbia is afraid of US, Germany is a friend of Russia, England is a friend of US, and of Russia's rich tycoons :P

China, maybe, economically, with invasion of cheap workers and products.

Okay. And Serbia's fear can be extrapolated onto the whole of Europe? I am just curious as to the basis of your original statement referring to the US as threat to Europe.

I think Bush's body-count is higher.

Amd the Iran - Iraq war is just trivial event I assume. Of course, we must exonerate them, since only Americans crimes are valid.

Nope, I see no bias.

I think of millions of people whose lives have been turned upside down because of his decisions and the hundreds of thousands of people who've lost a loved one because of his decisions and it's quite easy for me to hate him. He's no different to me than Osama Bin Laden.

Then you certainly must have a long list of people to hate if turning lives "upside down" or "lost loved ones" are the criteria. Did you hate PMs Chretien & Martin for bombing Serbs and slaying Afghans? At least Bush got permission from Congress!

Okay. And Serbia's fear can be extrapolated onto the whole of Europe? I am just curious as to the basis of your original statement referring to the US as threat to Europe.

Amd the Iran - Iraq war is just trivial event I assume. Of course, we must exonerate them, since only Americans crimes are valid.

Nope, I see no bias.

of course not, i gave Serbia as the most obvious example, because it was bombed by the US.

i didn't say that US is the most dangerous, i said that looks more dangerous than Iran.

Iran never attacked anyone, but was attacked by Iraq, with American support.

sorry for seeming jumping to conclusions, but really I don't think N Korea has anything to do with Hungary, or Slovenia, or Czechs, for example.

maybe they have issues with S Korea, or Japan. but Hungary is some 5000 km apart.

Iran, also is the same. maybe they have issues with Britain.

The only contries that have problems, are those with large unassimilated immigrants population, or were involved in wars.

Iran began exporting cars in some european countries.

at next G8 summit, Bush will oppose the reduction of carbon dioxide emmisions, supported by europeans.

I don't think N Korea has anything to do with Hungary, or Slovenia, or Czechs, for example.

North Korea really hasn't anything to do with anybody. It is but a nutty little character who will try any ransom any group with money he can. If KJI's missiles cannot reach the U.S, why not threaten the other moneyed group, which is the E.U. And seeing as Poland, Hungary and Slovakia form the outskirts, they should be concerned.

The same goes for Iran.

What they have in common is lack of technology, and Europe is about as far as they go. And if those nations cannot strike America, they will try to strike as far as they can.

I don't think N Korea has anything to do with Hungary, or Slovenia, or Czechs, for example.

North Korea really hasn't anything to do with anybody. It is but a nutty little character who will try any ransom any group with money he can. If KJI's missiles cannot reach the U.S, why not threaten the other moneyed group, which is the E.U. And seeing as Poland, Hungary and Slovakia form the outskirts, they should be concerned.

The same goes for Iran.

What they have in common is lack of technology, and Europe is about as far as they go. And if those nations cannot strike America, they will try to strike as far as they can.

Israel is closer, than any European country.

maybe they will try also Iraq, with American troops there. maybe Saudi Arabia, or EAU. and they have lots of money, to pay for blackmail, if that 's what you think.

for N Korea, also Japan is much closer, so is S. Korea.

former communist countries, had good relations with Iran, and N Korea.

so, Europe has nothing to worry, just my 2c.

US, on the other side, is involved everywhere.

former communist countries, had good relations with Iran, and N Korea.

Wrong. The Soviet Union had good relations. The central European states did not care, and their diplomatic ties were (and are) minimal at best.

N Korea, also Japan is much closer, so is S. Korea.

That's why Japan has a missile defense system, so does Israel. Now it is Europe's turn.

maybe they will try also Iraq, with American troops there. maybe Saudi Arabia, or EAU

Based on what? We can randomly pick each and every country, but that would be counter intuitive from a strategic p.o.v. If Iraq goes up in flames, so will Iran. There is a risk with S.A, but as if the Saudi's actually care about it's inhabitants? They are only scared the oil would stop pumping, and that would slow down the American economy, and thus cease lining up the pockets of the royal family. Not to mention they cannot face a Sunni backlash for attacking the holiest sites in Islam.

Israel should be worried, and is, but it would have no reservations about retaliating with even greater force.

But nations like Germany are easy targets. Rich and quasi-defenseless. They have 10 x the GDP of S.A. And unlike Japan, are not protected against the one or two missiles N.Korea or Iran could muster up.

Wrong. The Soviet Union had good relations. The central European states did not care, and their diplomatic ties were (and are) minimal at best.

Now it is Europe's turn.

Israel should be worried, and is, but it would have no reservations about retaliating with even greater force.

But nations like Germany are easy targets. Rich and quasi-defenseless. They have 10 x the GDP of S.A. And unlike Japan, are not protected against the one or two missiles N.Korea or Iran could muster up.

you are wrong, from Eastern European countries lots of people worked in Arab countries, Iran, Algeria Libia and Morocco.I know that from source.

I also know that they don't give a rat's ass about Iran, let alone N. Korea.They have other problems, Balkans(Kossovo and Albania), Russia and his oil pipelines,gas, US and his military bases, seen as a counterbalance to military power of Russia, Turkey (Armenian genocide, accesion to EU, relation with Greece).

it seems to me that you are advocating for a missile shield here.

I really don't think you need not to worry about Germany, they are very smart. what Japan has, and Germany has not ?

I'm sure they know what they do.

I'm not sure, but i heard that lots of people from Iran study now in Germany.

Iran is a serious threat to the western world, no doubt at all. If I were POTUS I would hit them, and hit them hard before they obtained any nuclear weapons.

There's no need at all here to bomb civilians, what's the point. I would take out his military bases (they are big). I would take out his nuclear enriching plants, again they are big and hard to hide. I would peel back thier defences and take out their nuclear plants, that simple.

All this weaping, pussy BS is what gets us into these problems. It's the week kneed candy asses that don't want to stand up to anybody that brings Hitlers to power.

I don't want to see any children die, but better theirs than ours, sorry..... it's the cold hard truth....

Why argue? You're both right. According to this recent poll by respectable Economist, US ranks virtually on the same level with Iran on the "Global Peace Index" scale. US: #96, Iran: #97.

At issue is not that Iran irks the US (and some others). In the recent history we've seen equally, and more extreme regimes which successfully acquired and maintained nuclear weapons (Soviet Union, N.Korea closely followed by Pakistan and Israel). It's that from any practical perspective, US approach to the international politics, which is based on self-assumed exclusiveness, dominance and contempt of any opinion that isn't in line with their own, is very obviously bound to fail. There're powers in the world that will never submit to foreign dominance, no matter how benevolent it may be (or wanted to appear). They include, without limitation, China, India, probably Russia and very likely muslim world, if it ever start speaking with more or less one voice. I.e. by far more than a half of this planet's population. Yet US administrations continue in the same direction totally oblivious to that simple fact. No surprise that pretty much all global issues where they tried to apply its influence, Middle East conflict, global warming, or international security, show very little progress.

Bomb Tehran.

How is it someone who publicly tells everyone he's ignoring me, takes so much effort to respond to me? Is there another explanation than being a passive aggressive neurotic twit?

For the record, the geography was purpusly wrong as a joke for BC CHick, who thinks Iran is north of Iraq............no why \don't you GFYand haunt someother thread

you are wrong, from Eastern European countries lots of people worked in Arab countries, Iran, Algeria Libia and Morocco.I know that from source.

What source? There were soviet era "peace building" programs, but what does that have to do with diplomatic relations, past or present. African nations sent many, many students behind the Iron Curtain, but there are still minimal diplomatic relations between say Poland and Sudan.

I also know that they don't give a rat's ass about Iran, let alone N. Korea.They have other problems, Balkans(Kossovo and Albania)

Source? I am curious why you believe that Slovakia cares more about Kosovo than N.Korea. Unless you've been sleeping, you should realize that certain eastern frontier nations now constitute the European Union, i.e big, rich and powerful.

I really don't think you need not to worry about Germany, they are very smart.

Umm.......whereas this comment is not. I would love to know what you mean here.

I'm not sure, but i heard that lots of people from Iran study now in Germany.

And many also study in Canada and the US. Can you blame them for leaving. Not to mention, they are often smart and hard working, so why not.

But how this insulates them from aggression, I'm lost.

The idea is that American missile shield manage to infuriate Russia, and let Eastern Europe exposed to his anger and retaliation, both economically and militarily.

Economically? Russia has energy. Problem is they don't have many to extract it. And if they stopped selling it, they would starve. понимаешь?

you are wrong, from Eastern European countries lots of people worked in Arab countries, Iran, Economically? Russia has energy. Problem is they don't have many to extract it. And if they stopped selling it, they would starve. понимаешь?

understood, but you are wrong, Russia is not only exporter of energy, like SA, but they have big and developed industry, huge territory, and educated populace, as well.

SA is only a desert with energy.doesn't match Russia.

Slovakia is much more interested in Kosovo, because it's close, and because of potential refugees. N Korean eventual refugees will go in Far East, S Korea, Manciuria or even far eastern Russia.

as I said, many poeple form Eastern Europe worked in oil rich muslim countries, in construction, agriculture, machinery. they don't have serious historical issues with these countries. i don't recall Iran being threatening with Eastern Europe. Also, eastern Europes have stable economies, stable population, less immigration. there's no need for them to involve in wars around the world.They are afraid of Russia, though.

Britain, maybe.

Russia is not only exporter of energy, like SA, but they have big and developed industry, as well. SA is only a desert with energy.

They have industry. But I think developing is proper term. It had to be updated critically. And the only way they can do so is oil and gas money. It is their core funding right now. If energy prices were to plunge, Russia would suffer enormously. Of course Putin is trying to avoid such scenarios, but for the time being, he cannot.

i don't recall Iran being threatening with Eastern Europe.

No one has made the distinction. But have you heard of the European Union? East, West, Rich Poor, former vassal or colonial power are of little distinction.

Also, eastern Europes have stable economies, there's no need for them to involve in wars around the world.

Where did you get this jazz? Besides, I do not know where you got the idea of a war. I am refering to a missile defence shield and diplomacy, and both are meant to protect ALL of Europe, not just Eastern Europe.

One last question. Where did you get the concept that I am arguing E.E does not percieve Russia to be a threat. It would be stupid to say they do not and we both agree on that. I just want to know why you believe E.E believes America to be a threat?

P.S. Where are you from?

You should read the thread before commenting. I was comparing Bush's body count with Osama bin Laden's. Nothing to do with the Iran/Iraq war.

One last question. Where did you get the concept that I am arguing E.E does not percieve Russia to be a threat. It would be stupid to say they do not and we both agree on that. I just want to know why you believe E.E believes America to be a threat?
US is not any better than Russia, an imperialistic power, only with less oil and more greed and poverty :)

the Eastern Europe people are very smart, they cannot be fooled with propaganda.

in case of a war, they don't think that US will help them against Russia, because US is absorbed in other parts of the world, with more oil. only fear of Russia made them accept US bases there.

that's realpolitik :) Iran has no place here.

in case of a war, they don't think that US will help them against Russia,

And your source? May I see these polls?

*Funny, because I remember universal enthusiasm when they joined NATO*

US is not any better than Russia, an imperialistic power, only with less oil and more greed and poverty

More poverty? You cannot be serious.

the Eastern Europe people are very smart, they cannot be fooled with propaganda.

Thank you.

fear of Russia made them accept US bases there.

So why accept bases if they think the Americans would flee? You are going against yourself!

because US is absorbed in other parts of the world, with more oil

But I take you are absorbed in the propaganda. After all, if the U.S just wanted oil, they would of cut a deal with Saddam, or the Guardian Council. Much cheaper, and less politically suicidal than the current war, and just give the people bread and circus'.