CBC's take on altar boys blasphemy

So how do you feel about CBC's airing of The Boys of St. Vincents, which is a true depiction.

If The Boys of St. Vincents was supposed to be a comedy series like the Altar Boys or Little Mosque, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to tell where I was supposed to laugh,I just didn't get the humour.

maybe, it would be better if the show was more realistic, and showed the priests, sodomizing the boys, would that be better?

anyway, I think it's an interesting juxtaposition of the good and bad behaviour potential inherent in all of us,the folly of youth, and other themes.

Altar boys, are still boys, full of raging hormones and sometimes looking for, and getting into trouble, as they test boundaries, societal and parental.

I still liked it, thought it was funny, would watch it again, was different, and interesting.

Kudos to the CBC for showing edgy, interesting content.

It sounds like some of the complainers here would like to have a special clause in the Broadcasting Act that says TV stations should clear their choices with the Pope first before going to air.

Well, here's an update: there's no free-pass or special kid-gloves for religions.

Except Muslims, Sikhs and Hindus, of course. It'll be a cold day in hell before the CBC ever shows a documentary which is insulting or mocking towards them.

It is unbelievable the lack of respect the CBC shows towards Christianity and Catholics, which is an important part and component of our Canadian culture.

So how do you feel about CBC's airing of The Boys of St. Vincents, which is a true depiction.

It is clear the CBC is biased towards Christianity in general and is the reason I am against this type of docudrama.

If the CBC was sincere about how paedophilia destroys the lives of many innocent young victims, they would do just that. But the CBC would rather than pick out the actions of paedophiles attached only to Christianity and omit the actions of paedophiles infiltrating various groups and organizations throughout society as a whole.

CBC is a crown corporation that should be eliminated for the good of society.

It'll be a cold day in hell before the CBC ever shows a documentary which is insulting or mocking towards them.

I agree The CBC would never do that. Documentaries should never be insulting or mocking....

.......Comedy on the otherhand

It'll be a cold day in hell before the CBC ever shows a documentary which is insulting or mocking towards them.

I agree The CBC would never do that. Documentaries should never be insulting or mocking....

Pick nits, why don't you? The fact remains the CBC would never even consider a show, comedy or otherwise, which insults, defames or mocks Muslims and their practices.

Interestingly, Figleaf called placing a ham sandwich on the table in front of muslims an outrageous case of harassment that 'wasn't cool.'

Double standard? Likely. But hey, don't worry, they aren't Muslims, they are Christians being made fun of and having their religion insulted. So no biggy, why is everyone getting so worked up...

At least I'm consistant Figleaf, you've proven to be someone that is so viciously against Christians and the right that you can't even keep your views consistant anymore. I called the hooligans that harassed the Muslims with the pork sandwich on it, and I'm going to call the CBC on this little religious misstep right now.

A peice of work to be sure.

So it's not eating pork that is 'racist', it's DELIBERATELY FLINGING IT AT SOMEONE WHO YOU KNOW FINDS IT OBJECTIONABLE that is 'racist'.

Deliberately airing offensive material is the same idea. The Muslims could have left the table, I could turn off my TV. What would you say if the government gave the kids the sandwich, told them to fling it, and then let them off the hook for afterwards?

It's not cool to fling meat at people for the sole purpose of upsetting them. And it's not cool to try to mischaracterize the issue by pretending it was about eating pork, when in fact is was about a calculated effort to use pork to harass someone.

--

Bottom line, when someone does something racially, religiously or ethnically based, all to provoke a response or to incite some kind of action, we've got to be questioning that. The cartoons of Mohammed were offensive, but they weren't state sponsored. When the government funds intentional efforts at smearing segements of the population, you've really got to wonder.

Inciting violence, not yet, a group with an anti-religion agenda that is funded by the government? Absolutely.

We wouldn't accept this if it weren't Christians. Could you imagine if people were saying "you can't trust Harper, he's a Jew?" Or "you can't trust him because he's a Muslim?"

Wouldn't fly. The hate against Christians in our society is overwelming these days that it's becoming widely accepted as a reasonable past time. The government need not encourage it by throwing money at people like this.

Personally, I really don't care if the average Joe wants to take a cheap shot at Christians, not really that concerned. But when it's a matter of crown corporation policy to allow such flilth on a TV station I subsidize, I draw the line.

I doubt that a show such as this one would ever get made without huge amounts of public money including Catholics who pay taxes.

A CBC spokesperson made excuses for their double standards, in particular the use of a consultant for one series, and not for this one with the usual bit about producing compelling programming and not be afraid yadda yadda. Sure, but we aren't likely to see young Muslims shooting craps on prayer mats or cartoons of Islam anytime soon I'm sure. As usual the CBC is selective with its programming and our money.

Pick nits, why don't you? The fact remains the CBC would never even consider a show, comedy or otherwise, which insults, defames or mocks Muslims and their practices.

I take it then you have never seen a Mr Bean Special?-