The Latest on Rosie O

Rosie is not coming back to The View, which is odd considering how they claim an upswing in viewer share.

The official line being handed out is that they could not come to a contractual agreement to bring her back for another year. In the press statement ABC gushes at her, Barbara gushes at her and Rosie gushes back.

Rosie's folly

Here's what the ABC suit said: "Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with her, and that anything beyond that would be gravy. But we were willing to take the chance because we understood what a coup it was to entice Ro back to daytime television. So here we are a year later, and while we've tried to come to terms on a deal that would extend her co-hosting duties on 'The View,' we find ourselves unable to agree on some key elements."

This raises at least two questions. Why, if it was such a coup to get Rosie back to daytime television, did they only sign her to one year? Two, If it's been such an amazing year, why didn't they open the cheque book and give her whatever those 'key elements' were?

Let's face it, this press release is full of holes. She's not coming back because she was such a pain in the neck, and kept showing amazing lack of judgement on what came out of her pie hole. They just don't want to admit they were wrong to bring her in. Barbara's comments were so over the top, it's like she's making it obvious she's b.s-ing.

Rosie is not coming back to The View, which is odd considering how they claim an upswing in viewer share.

They should sign her up on the apprentice.....or better yet, a brand new start studded make over show...

She is the cause of the ratings for, "The View," reaching their highest point ever.

They want her back very badly - she doesn't want to do it anymore beyond special shows covering those subjects for which she has special interest

they are giving her lots of options - lots of offers, including another show of her own -- she brings to the table an automatic audience and no tv exec can even see past that fact - 'pain in the neck??' yeah, they're whimpering all the way to the bank

Same thing happens to anyone that comes out about 911 truth if they can fire them. They raked Charlie Sheen over the coals, fired Jones & Ryan and now Rosie is fired. People wonder why more indiciduals such as structural engineers don't come out about 9/11.

I do not watch the show, but I agree this is the main reason she was fired.

Networks don't cancel shows/people for high ratings. If the ratings were all they care about then, Rosie would not have been fired. She would have been promoted or congratulated. Because of her 9/11 statements she has been let go. I can't see any other reason why.

She is the cause of the ratings for, "The View," reaching their highest point ever.

They want her back very badly - she doesn't want to do it anymore beyond special shows covering those subjects for which she has special interest

they are giving her lots of options - lots of offers, including another show of her own -- she brings to the table an automatic audience and no tv exec can even see past that fact - 'pain in the neck??' yeah, they're whimpering all the way to the bank

Why wouldn 't she want to anymore? She obviously loves the attention, she loves to talk and she loves controversy. I just don't buy that after only one season, she's tired of it.

Why wouldn 't she want to anymore? She obviously loves the attention, she loves to talk and she loves controversy. I just don't buy that after only one season, she's tired of it.

Who knows, she wasn't happy about the lack of time off they get on that show. They really only get the month of August off, not the whole summer like most shows. Maybe that was part of it. I'm not a big Rosie fan but she did liven the show up and love her or hate her, the controversy she stirred up was good for its ratings. My guess is they did want her back.

Her Rupert Murdock rant was pretty bad, and downright rude. Who wants to listen to cr.p like that.

What part offended you? Where she said there aren't any numbers on his head? You must be very easily offended. Hanging out with the PC crowd too much I guess.

Who knows, she wasn't happy about the lack of time off they get on that show. They really only get the month of August off, not the whole summer like most shows. Maybe that was part of it. I'm not a big Rosie fan but she did liven the show up and love her or hate her, the controversy she stirred up was good for its ratings. My guess is they did want her back.
I think this comment is most enlightening:
Statements by public figures are being watched more closely in the post-Don Imus era. The lobbying group Focus on the Family said it was preparing to contact advertisers on "The View" as part of a campaign against O'Donnell. The group is angry at O'Donnell for comments they feel were insulting to Catholics.
http://www.examiner.com/a-693943~Rosie_O_D..._The_View_.html

I think the Imus affair has made networks more jittery about professional loud mouths and they would likely seek to control the content of what is said. So it is possible Rosie was told to shut up about 9/11 (and any other sensitive topic) because too many wacko rants likely scare the advertisers away.

Her using the f- word? Grabbing her crotch?

She didn't do that when introducing Murdoch. You're thinking of her fight with Donald Trump.

She went on a rant about Murdock which wasn't necessary, and the rant about Trump was very offensive.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/television/ah5011.shtml

According to the New York Post's Page Six, Rosie ended a rant about The Donald by grabbing her crotch and shouting, "Eat me!" She then added it was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because, "it was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a boner."

She went on a rant about Murdock which wasn't necessary, and the rant about Trump was very offensive.

You're obviously very sensitive if this "rant" is what offends you:

"Rosie also took a jab at Murdoch over recently booted "Idol" Sanjaya Malakar.

"While (Murdoch) seems to have a lot of power he couldn't keep Sanjaya on 'American Idol,'" Rosie ranted"

I think you're looking to be outraged by anything, much like the so-called "PCers run amuck."

I watched the View today and Rosie said that ABC wanted a three year deal but she couldn't commit to more than one year at a time. With that silly, misguided Elizabeth on the show, they need a voice of reason. I've always liked Rosie and I know she won't stop there.

A voice of reason that believes in conspiracy theories? That's no voice of reason.

You're obviously very sensitive if this "rant" is what offends you:

"Rosie also took a jab at Murdoch over recently booted "Idol" Sanjaya Malakar.

"While (Murdoch) seems to have a lot of power he couldn't keep Sanjaya on 'American Idol,'" Rosie ranted"

I think you're looking to be outraged by anything, much like the so-called "PCers run amuck."

I'm referring to "grabbing her crotch and shouting, "Eat me!" She then added it was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because, "it was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a boner."

I'm referring to "grabbing her crotch and shouting, "Eat me!" She then added it was sad when Trump called her "disgusting" and "fat" because, "it was always my dream to give an old, bald billionaire a boner."

But you still haven't indicated what about the Murdoch introduction offended you. The incident you reference was another time in response to an equally classless individual, Donald Trump.

But you still haven't indicated what about the Murdoch introduction offended you. The incident you reference was another time in response to an equally classless individual, Donald Trump.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04242007/gossi...six/pagesix.htm It was the same event

Actually, all she ever said was that reputable engineers have said WTC7 could not have collapsed by fire alone. And that's irrefutably true. Some have said that. I'm not sure why the right latches on to such a statement with such venom and gets so emotional about it. Why not encourage dialogue rather than trying to silence simple questions?

What about her statements that the Brit arrests in Iran were somehow a conspiracy as well? Add to these her continued diatribes on Trump, AND the Murdoch mockery and you have someone who's cheese is in danger of sliding off her cracker.

I don't see alot of venom from the right around here, we're actually happy that she's no longer going to be on The View, and I'm sure Babs is too.