Marijuana Cures Cancer?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all my years of smoking the devil weed, I never thought I was doing my lungs any good. Now, it turns out it's GOOD for me. I would have never imagined.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/17/...in2696726.shtml

The article says it is bad for lung.

There is a reason why marijuana is illegal - it is not good for you. I never had the opportunity to see the stuff much less smoke it, but maybe you can shed some light on the short-term memory loss you would have experienced.

Contrary to thinking that marijuana acts as the perfect aphrodisiacs for your encounters, the only thing that gets screwed is your own head.

There are numerous studies out to show that marijuana reduces testosterone and folks can become prone to erectile dysfunction.

a waste don't you think

In all my years of smoking the devil weed, I never thought I was doing my lungs any good. Now, it turns out it's GOOD for me. I would have never imagined.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/17/...in2696726.shtml

The article says it is bad for lung.

There is a reason why marijuana is illegal - it is not good for you. I never had the opportunity to see the stuff much less smoke it, but maybe you can shed some light on the short-term memory loss you would have experienced.

Contrary to thinking that marijuana acts as the perfect aphrodisiacs for your encounters, the only thing that gets screwed is your own head.

There are numerous studies out to show that marijuana reduces testosterone and folks can become prone to erectile dysfunction.

a waste don't you think

I have a hard time believing marijuana is illegal, simply because it is not good for you. Cigarettes are not good for you (moreso than marijuana, according to stutdies) and they're not illegal. Alcohol is not good for you and it's not illegal. Over the counter medications in high doses are not good for you and they're not illegal. Caffeine is not good for you and it's not illegal.

Perhaps we're being told it's illegal because it's not good for us, but I would then suggest that cigarettes and alcohol should be made illegal because of how bad they too are for us.

There is a reason why marijuana is illegal - it is not good for you.

Not even close to being true.

a waste don't you think

Same with cigarettes, booze, and lets see what else?

I never had the opportunity to see the stuff much less smoke it, but maybe you can shed some light on the short-term memory loss you would have experienced.

You have never even SEEN it?

What cave have you been living in since 1970??

Just kidding, but I find it incredible that there is even one person who's not tried it let alone never even seen it. That's just crazy ;-)

I have smoked a splif* every evening for the past 15 years and have no problem with my memory. *little tobacco mixed with a little weed

It's difficult (for me with my long nails) to roll a pinner so I add a bit of tobacco (I smoke cigs) to make it easier to roll.

And RB, I don't believe I have experienced memory loss. Of course, after smoking it, one does experience difficulty expressing one's self. LOL

But in general (day to day when I've not smoked it) I have a good memory.

It's difficult (for me with my long nails) to roll a pinner so I add a bit of tobacco (I smoke cigs) to make it easier to roll.

And RB, I don't believe I have experienced memory loss. Of course, after smoking it, one does experience difficulty expressing one's self. LOL

Why not just invest in glassware? It's cleaner for you anyway since a lot of the impurities are filtered by the water. Eh... whatever. To each their own. I don't smoke. I just found it odd when you said you mix it with tobacco.

There is a reason why marijuana is illegal - it is not good for you.

Then why isnt McDonald's shut down? People are normally still free to do things that aren't good for them, thank Jesus. It's illegal because the powers-that-be want it that way because there making money, and because socons like using the law to oppress peaple they dont like.

Nope I never saw the stuff, why? don't know :). Well, I also never tried a cigar yet, so it never enters into my world to feed my brain with tar, or hydroponic pot - and if you didn't keep repeating you had good memory I could almost understand :)

unless there is some bona fide research done that can prove this is a good thing for you, there is no intense social pressure to change my opinion in the least

unless there is some bona fide research done that can prove this is a good thing for you, there is no intense social pressure to change my opinion in the least

Of course it's not good for you if you are smoking it for recreational purposes. It does have a lot of medicinal benefits, which are backed up by solid research. It's probably a lot better for you than most prescription drugs out there. So, in certain cases in can be good for you...but I think it's silly to suggest that smoking recreationally is good for you.

But, to each his own...

Of course you can cook it up in melted butter and spread it on toast or make cookies. This works well with shake but its too expensive with bud.

Indeed, one can also make a tincture quite easily, this allows for very easy dosing - as each individual is different wrt their needs.

Also, the new vapourizers work very well releasing the cannabinoids and thc without combustion (hence no smoke).

Considering that cannabis was used for many medicines for thousands of years, I think it's high time she be used as such again. Of course, since growing it is so easy and processing it just as easy this does pose a threat to the pharmaceutical industry - hence don't hold your breath for legalisation any time soon.

For those who preach "It's bad for you" - newflash - living is bad for you! Jogging within city limits is bad for you! Extreme sports are bad for you and could kill you! At least cannabis has never killed anyone! Oh and don't forget alcohol is also bad for you! IOW - not an argument.

Of course you can cook it up in melted butter and spread it on toast or make cookies. This works well with shake but its too expensive with bud.

Indeed, one can also make a tincture quite easily, this allows for very easy dosing - as each individual is different wrt their needs.

Also, the new vapourizers work very well releasing the cannabinoids and thc without combustion (hence no smoke).

Considering that cannabis was used for many medicines for thousands of years, I think it's high time she be used as such again. Of course, since growing it is so easy and processing it just as easy this does pose a threat to the pharmaceutical industry - hence don't hold your breath for legalisation any time soon.

For those who preach "It's bad for you" - newflash - living is bad for you! Jogging within city limits is bad for you! Extreme sports are bad for you and could kill you! At least cannabis has never killed anyone! Oh and don't forget alcohol is also bad for you! IOW - not an argument.

How do these vapourizers work? THC is fat soluble not water soluble (which is why you can smoke it through a water pipe without losing the THC in the water), so I don't understand how a vapourizer could work unless you're inhaling oils, which can't be at all good for you.

How do these vapourizers work? THC is fat soluble not water soluble (which is why you can smoke it through a water pipe without losing the THC in the water), so I don't understand how a vapourizer could work unless you're inhaling oils, which can't be at all good for you.

It is based on it's vapourisation temperature - not it's combustion temp. During the combustion all sorts of nasties are released - the sugars, the tars etc. At the vapourisation points of cannabinoids and thc only these elements are released in gaseous state. I hear it takes some getting used to, as it doesn't 'feel' like one has inhaled anything.

Personally, I haven't used one, though I know a few MS patients who swear by it (they are non-smokers and don't want to combust the herb).

There is lots of info around on them, seek and you shall find. Still though, certainly any way to reduce any harms which might be associated with inhaling smoke is alright by me. Each to his/her own!

Nope I never saw the stuff, why? don't know :). Well, I also never tried a cigar yet, so it never enters into my world to feed my brain with tar, or hydroponic pot - and if you didn't keep repeating you had good memory I could almost understand :)

I didn't mean to be insulting to you RB, it's just I've never met anyone who'd never seen it. My apologies.

I didn't keep repeating -- it was said only twice. :rolleyes: Because the biggest issue some folks have against pot is that it ruins the memory -- not true for those of us who don't LIVE on it.

And not all people who smoke marijuana smoke it all day every day -- just like those who drink alcohol don't (for the most part) drink all day every day.

What a surprise. The conspiracy whackos are the same one's most interested and knowledgeable about POT.

LOL

I'm not a conspiracy whacko and I'm interested and knowledgeable about pot. I don't smoke the stuff anymore, but I do like learning new things, no matter what those things are. Pot is an interesting subject.