God hates the world

These people are crazy. I'm sure that many of their concerns(other than gays) are actually relevant, as I find myself concerned about the future. But this is rediculous, when confronted with a problem all they do is say they're hopeless, that we're hopeless, and blame god. They don't think they can do anything in the "real world" other than pray and spread the message that we're all going to die, skipping the whole "solution" phase. dumbdumbdumb

Thats Fred Phelps and his congregation, most of whom are related, just a minor whacko group.

True enough, but the carnage they leave behind is not minor. And I can smile knowing that Phelps is $3000 poorer yesterday as he lost a court case whereby a family sued Phelps and the God Hates Fags group for disrupting plaintives sons funeral. He was killed in action in Iraq and Phelps and his gang protest as many funerals as they can. They have to stand some distance away from church or burial site.

Say what you want about the Iraq war, but to protest a funeral is the lowest of the low and causes great heartache for the families.

Phelps makes his money off of lawsuits. They are in your face hoping you will take a swing and they can sue for damages.From what I have read, it is their biggest source of income.He is a lawyer as is his wife and I believe one or two of his children.

I dont think it will be long before we read of some major damage against the Church Phelps both or the entire congregation. People are that upset. There is a shadow group called, I forget it now, but something like Freedom Riders and they are at funerals that Phelps is attending . They drone out any chants of Phelps and his ilk by revving their motorcycles.

The Phelp's are the only 'Christian' group with the courage of their convictions. They've read "The Bible" and instead of flinching like most 'Christians' and pretending it doesn't say what it says, they've stared into the abyss and accepted that the book actually says what it says.

I find their lack of self-deception about the contents of their religion refreshing. I find their consistency admirable. Sure, their beliefs are utterly absurd, but so are all religions. At least they aren't faking it.

The Phelp's are the only 'Christian' group with the courage of their convictions. They've read "The Bible" and instead of flinching like most 'Christians' and pretending it doesn't say what it says, they've stared into the abyss and accepted that the book actually says what it says.

I find their lack of self-deception about the contents of their religion refreshing. I find their consistency admirable. Sure, their beliefs are utterly absurd, but so are all religions. At least they aren't faking it.

Ah, here we are piling one fallacy on top of another in order to twist a teensy Old Testament fringe group into moral equivalency with hundreds of thousands of "a few Muslims extremists".

Ah, here we are piling one fallacy on top of another ...

Oh, and what 'fallacy' does your imagination reveal?

The problem with that Fig is that there are tons of translations and I can find blatant contradictions in every one. So they are not consistent by a long shot.

God damn! That is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a long time!!

Are they serious? I really hope that they're serious! I don't think they were all serious, I noticed a few of them had to restrain themselves from laughing out loud several times. But I think most of them were actually serious, and that makes it so much funnier!

This is real life parodying itself! I love it!!!

Did you guys notice the guy in the background waving the upside-down Canadian flag? Do you think that was a statement or just a mistake?

God damn! That is the FUNNIEST thing I've seen in a long time!!

I dont find anything Phelps does as funny, and I am suppose to have a sick sense of humour.

Are they serious? I really hope that they're serious! I don't think they were all serious, I noticed a few of them had to restrain themselves from laughing out loud several times. But I think most of them were actually serious, and that makes it so much funnier!

You wouldnt laugh if it was your brothers funeral they were picketing chanting "parrots brother is a fag and deserved to die" (I am merely showing you what they indeed do)

Did you guys notice the guy in the background waving the upside-down Canadian flag? Do you think that was a statement or just a mistake?

Now that is a statement against Canada. We are all "fags" too and have no idea how to see the light. I dont think Phelps can get into Canada anymore....sure hope not.

You wouldnt laugh if it was your brothers funeral they were picketing chanting "parrots brother is a fag and deserved to die" (I am merely showing you what they indeed do)

Okay, picketing at funerals is not funny. This video, however, IS funny!!

C'mon, the thing plays like a parody! The fact that they're serious about it makes it freakin' hillarious!

Okay, picketing at funerals is not funny. This video, however, IS funny!!

C'mon, the thing plays like a parody! The fact that they're serious about it makes it freakin' hillarious!

Oh I am not doubting you , and in some sense that is a funny video. It is just with all the actions of Phelps ministry I find it hard to laugh.

I am curious to know if they got copyrights to use that song. If not......cha ching....now THAT would be funny.

One big reason I just love this is because they've pretty much negated any responsibility the rest of us have to argue their points! Whatever they say from now on, it doesn't matter. If somebody brings them up in conversation and tries to make the argument that they make some good points, just bring that person over to your computer and show them this video.

I really don't have to put any effort into ridiculing their respectability, they've done a good enough job on their own. They've proven themselves to be the clowns of religion, only good for a laugh.

Now Westboro and Fred Phelps are going to protest the slayings in Virginia. Sorry piece of **** these people are.

Here is the text of the announcement.

________________________________________________________________________________

_____

WBC will preach at the funerals of the Virginia Tech students killed on campus during a shooting rampage April 16, 2007. You describe this as monumental horror, but you know nothing of horror — yet. Your bloody tyrant Bush says he is ‘horrified’ by it all. You know nothing of horror — yet. Your true horror is coming. “They shall also gird themselves with sackloth, and horror shall cover them; and shame shall be upon all faces, and baldness upon all their heads” (Eze. 7:18).

Why did this happen, you ask? It’s simple. Your military chose to shoot at the servants of God today, and all they got for their effort was terror. Then, the LORD your God sent a crazed madman to shoot at your children. Was God asleep while this took place? Was He on vacation? Of course not. He willed this to happen to punish you for assailing His servants

________________________________________________________________________________

_______

I just have to think.................one day Freddy my boy.........................one day.