Billions of Bee's Dying

There is no known cause of the deaths, only several speculations. However, the affects of these bee's dying are far reaching. Approximately 113,000 plants rely on pollination from bee's, from melons to almond trees. What is happening at a lower level of biotic life is usually an indicator for what will happen at a higher level.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1087

http://www.celsias.com/blog/2007/03/15/bee...-is-it-heading/

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no known cause of the deaths, only several speculations. However, the affects of these bee's dying are far reaching. Approximately 113,000 plants rely on pollination from bee's, from melons to almond trees. What is happening at a lower level of biotic life is usually an indicator for what will happen at a higher level.

Bee kills have happened in the past. A large scale bee kill happened in Manitoba back in 1995.

Bzzzzzzz......we will survive.

Poor bees, all stressed. We should offer them incentives to recieve massage and spa days.

The Union of Worker Bees (UWB Local 833) is requesting their working week to be reduced to 32 hours... with only 26 of that spent pollinating plants. They are also requesting more tasteful flavours to be added to the smoke used by beekeepers. Paternity bonuses will be required for workers that successfully mate with the Queen and a 20% honeycomb diet increase over 5 years is on the table.

Poor bees, all stressed. We should offer them incentives to recieve massage and spa days.

The Union of Worker Bees (UWB Local 833) is requesting their working week to be reduced to 32 hours... with only 26 of that spent pollinating plants. They are also requesting more tasteful flavours to be added to the smoke used by beekeepers. Paternity bonuses will be required for workers that successfully mate with the Queen and a 20% honeycomb diet increase over 5 years is on the table.

Taking cue from the above responses, I can see that some folks here really have no clue when it comes to how their food gets to their tables and what is in it - and what those consquences may be.

The curt little answers here show only the depth of idiocy that riegns in certain quarters (well represented on this board).

The bee problem has been around for some time - it is getting far worse and also starting to show up in Europe. While no single cause has been identified - yet- there is ample evidence for both herbicide and pesticide use as well as unintended consequences of GM crops. (IOW - it's not just the mites). Furthermore, not only are domestic bees being affected at rates higher than 50% in some areas, but one must keep in mind that wild bees are also affected. Since these critters are chief pollinators of our food supply - this does not bode well.

Now, carry on your idiotic and crass attempts at humour.

Thank you , but excuse me if i'm going to exercise

a certain modicum of skepticism every time

an apocalyptic scientific scenario is breathlessly

delivered as the next big thing.

It is hardly going to go to the top of my worry list

Bzzzzz...indeed

I don't think as mentioned above that this is the 'next big thing'

It is however indicative of 'unintended consequences'.

More from Der Spiegel:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/...,473166,00.html

The above link mentions the role that GM crops possibly play in the decline of bees' numbers. I recall reading a piece years ago mentioning the same thing, only in the context of western Canola and bee populations across the praries.

As said this is not new, and most likely has nothing to do with global warming (whether you believe it is man made or a natural phenomena).

GM crops are a different kettle of fish - and once set out into the natural world can NEVER be recalled. Irresponible to say the least. Monsanto is not exactly the most ethical of corporations - let's face it.

So, put your heads back in the sand.

http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/1087

http://www.celsias.com/blog/2007/03/15/bee...-is-it-heading/

You are a liar. You are a false prophet. You and fat Al Gore are liars. Just go away and leave me alone. Why just yesterday I saw a bee. Sorry I couldn't resist. Exxon has paid me to say that. Bye.

You are a liar. You are a false prophet. You and fat Al Gore are liars. Just go away and leave me alone. Why just yesterday I saw a bee. Sorry I couldn't resist. Exxon has paid me to say that. Bye.

Such emotional denials suggest a guilty conscience. Next you'll be calling him a beehugger.

It's funny how you all point out how its most likely pesticides, or GM crops...it doesnt matter, bee's are still dying. Do you have any idea how many of our crops are dependent on cross polination by bees?

Ummm..yea, we know. Do you know how many hives are dependent on bee husbandry by humans? It's not new and it's not the end of the world's food supply.

Do you know how many hives are dependent on bee husbandry by humans? It's not new and it's not the end of the world's food supply.

Alex Jones was talking about this on his show today. He knows quite a bit about bees having talked with experts and having family that is involved with bee keeping and researching the topic last week. He has quite a bit of access to world experts on a variety of subjects given the popularity of his show and the number of leading experts he has had on as guests. He thinks its a big big problem.

I don't think Jones overstates things - all that stuff about child prostitution and CPS farming out kids to foreign brothels sounds entirely believable to me because I actually knew a luciferian nihilist. He sounds unreal to many who do not actually know anyone that is not like them or anyone that is just purely sick & evil.

ScottsA Actually, bee decomposition is good for Mother earth, isn't it? Maybe we should soak them in oil so they help pollute the old hag.

I think people that make remarks like this suffer from the fact that no one in real life has any respect for what they have to say and they get on these message boards just to say something and be heard.

ScottsA Actually, bee decomposition is good for Mother earth, isn't it? Maybe we should soak them in oil so they help pollute the old hag.

I think people that make remarks like this suffer from the fact that no one in real life has any respect for what they have to say and they get on these message boards just to say something and be heard.

Right, thanks for that worthy post Polly. I've noticed the masses genuflecting and oohing in awe whenever you undertake to educate them on the TRVTH of various nefarious plots only you and a few other savants are smrt enough to fathom. How DO you command that kind of respect?

This appears to be a hilariously funny item. However if it is true we can all starve laughting can't we

So a few bees in one part of the world die and now we're all going to be starving to death margrace?

For someone that hates Bush with such a passion, you sure take alot out of his fear mongering book.

Why is this place so darned infested?

I am gobsmacked by the inane responses of the members of this board. Anyone with any kind of understanding of simple biology should see this depopulation as something significant - esp wrt GM crops - yet not a word.

Oh well I guess it goes to show that there are alot of really uneducated people about.

*sigh*

Perhaps you can show us a link showing a problem with these bees dying and the GM crops that bees have coexisted with for well over a decade now without incidience.

Correlation doesn't equal causation. Your going to have to try harder than that if you want anyone to take it seriously.