Woman Shot at CNN Atlanta

When are men going to grow up and realize they do not own women? Why did the witness go for a guard and not try to stop the man?

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- A woman has died according to Atlanta's Grady Hospital following a shooting Tuesday at the CNN Center complex, in what Atlanta police called a "domestic situation."

The woman, who appeared to be pregnant, was shot and the gunman was then shot by a Cpt. Odell Adams, who joined Turner Security in 1996, according to a Turner spokesperson.

The man and the woman were taken to Grady Memorial Hospital. The man is in in surgery, the hospital said. (Watch bleeding victim on floor, suspect at gunpoint )

A witness saw a man dragging a woman by the hair one level above where the shooting occurred. The suspect told him to get out of the way. The witness went to get a guard, and then saw the suspect apparently take the woman downstairs. The witness heard gunshots less than a minute later.

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/cnn.shooting/index.html

When are men going to grow up and realize they do not own women? Why did the witness go for a guard and not try to stop the man?

1. When are women going to stop painting all men as savages when when the vast majority of men are decent?

2. The witness went for the guard because that is the way things are now...and the guy had a gun!

1. When are women going to stop painting all men as savages when when the vast majority of men are decent?

2. The witness went for the guard because that is the way things are now...and the guy had a gun!

When are some going to stop depicting all, FN's, and Musliims as savages?

Stats do not bear you out on the vast majority are decent.

So, what if he had a gun, she was pregnant.

Oh you mean like chivalry ?

Not me, not when a guy has a gun and this is a domestic situation. I guess I could sit here and say "yeah man I woulda kicked that dudes arse if I was there". But internet commandos are plentiful.

Had I NOT seen a gun, likely would have stepped in. But seeing a gun first..?....sorry lady, he is your problem.

Nope, I will however put myself between the bad guy and (1) my wife , if I had one and (2) my kid or anybodies kid and (3) my mother. Now, that I feel is chivalrous.

I learned my lesson when I was 16 at the CNE. Some guy was beating up his GF and I stepped in and broke it up and had the guy restrained..................only to get clubbed in the back of the head with a marble based trophy his GF was carrying. She yells at me what are you doing......I dunno lady, I think I was trying to save your life.

Was he ?

If not , your MO is becoming stale.

Sue me....the "MO" is consistent for this site.

I figured you to be juvenile and you have shown that. So, your peeved that MLW has US bashers and want some payback. Fine as you can do what you want I suppose.

But perhaps you should do some research and realize that there are plenty of us on here who do not engage in that. As for those that do , and do it for no reason, they are all fair game, and are generally not respected for their viewpoint.

Look all you want at all my posts , but to think I bash America .....well you could not be more wrong.

I've never seen an America-basher on MLW yet. I've seen a lot of people who use that as a stale rebuttal to criticism of Bush policies, but that's jsut because their arguments are weak (sort of like the Harper-hater rebuttal).

But that's off-topic. I also think it's quite easy to sit safely in front of your computer and declare that someone should have played hero. Going for the armed guard was likely the most responsible solution to the problem, considering there's not much an unarmed person can do in a situation like that other than get shot.

I figured you to be juvenile and you have shown that. So, your peeved that MLW has US bashers and want some payback. Fine as you can do what you want I suppose.

But perhaps you should do some research and realize that there are plenty of us on here who do not engage in that. As for those that do , and do it for no reason, they are all fair game, and are generally not respected for their viewpoint.

Look all you want at all my posts , but to think I bash America .....well you could not be more wrong.

First...it's not about you...yet you take it personally while not affording me the same luxury.

Second...this is the "Canadian Politics" section of MLW...Atlanta GA is in the USA last time I checked.

Third...plenty of stories (and UN human rights reports) about the abuse of women in Canada, particularly First Nations women. No need to troll CNN in another nation to make this point.

Fourth....the original post/question is sexist.

US bashers are a fact of life...often with good reason. Drea posted today:

Truth hurts Ft.

America sucks in 2007.

Face it.

Canada deserves its share as well. If it's juvenile to show you the mirror....tough noogies. It's on...

Oh this is rich, here is the double standard to end all double standards ---> oh I can take care of myself blah blah blah but the man is supposed to go and put his life on the line because she is a pregnant woman. I'd like to see a woman put in that guys spot, she'd probably do the same thing the guy did.

This makes as much sense as a woman being able to make fun of a guys weight, but heaven forbid a guy call a woman fat! This double standard is a joke. Feminism turned from a noble cause into an absolute joke.

I'm with guyser on this one.

Because the guard probably has a gun, he didn't.

Who was the witness, Kane [Kung Fu]? Unless you know some kickass moves to stop the guy with the gun, you won't be able to do much.

Instead of blaming the witness who actually did something, why not ask why this woman was in a violent relationship, and ask how it might have been prevented.

I am with Guyser - any more women want equal rights they can have them - ALL of them.

Now - you dodged the question and started a new topic. How about a straight answer to BornAlbertan?

BTW - I have never pounded my wife and kids - but I suppose I am still a neanderthal to you.

In fact they run to me - NOT from me when I come home.

I suspect any normal man would run from you with that type of attitude.

It must be lonely up there on that self-righteous pinnacle you live on.

Have a good one sweetie,

Borg

Anyone who's ever had a firearm pointed at them knows that how one reacts in reality is very different from when they are sitting safe and sound in the ol' armchair.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlton Heston admitted he had a drinking problem, and I said to myself, "Thank God this guy doesn't own any guns!

---David Letterman

Anyone who's ever had a firearm pointed at them knows that how one reacts in reality is very different from when they are sitting safe and sound in the ol' armchair.

Oh aint that the truth. Happened once , and man you should have seen how brave I was .............................................after I got away and was surrounded by the OPP.

At the time...?.....just about sh** myself . The funny thing is that it happened up north , and the guy driving the little GEO metro was Black, and the car was pink. So an APB went out for a black male driving a pink GEO. The police said very very few blacks lived up in that area, shouldnt be hard to find. Although they never did.

At the time...?.....just about sh** myself . The funny thing is that it happened up north , and the guy driving the little GEO metro was Black, and the car was pink. So an APB went out for a black male driving a pink GEO. The police said very very few blacks lived up in that area, shouldnt be hard to find. Although they never did.

So it wouldn't be as funny if the guy driving the GEO was WHITE? What color was the GUN?

Oh aint that the truth. Happened once , and man you should have seen how brave I was .............................................after I got away and was surrounded by the OPP.

Similar reactions...much trickier being a hero when you don't have an effective weapon and the stakes aren't paticularly high...eg defending one's family/home.

I worked at this one corner store that seemed to get robbed every other week. Usually a knife...but a few times firearms...shotguns...pistols. Never a fun experience. But that was for money. This CNN thing was probably a domestic dispute, so the danger is much higher.

What color was the GUN?

Strangely, that's the thing I do remember about each event. I think folks tend to focus on it rather sharply as it does carry a rather strong 'message'. Ask me what they looked like? Hah...like robbers...couldn't tell you majority of the time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans have nothing but bad ideas and Democrats have no ideas.

---Lewis Black

What color was the GUN?

Strangely, that's the thing I do remember about each event. I think folks tend to focus on it rather sharply as it does carry a rather strong 'message'. Ask me what they looked like? Hah...like robbers...couldn't tell you majority of the time.

That's why I asked....the "color" of the person would "pale" by comparison. In addition to blued steel, chrome, or nickel finish, I am also keen to notice the pewter or copper color of rounds in a revolver's cylinder. No such luck with a 9mm.

Dear bush_cheney2004,

Second...this is the "Canadian Politics" section of MLW...Atlanta GA is in the USA last time I checked.

Technically, yes, but it is in ''Moral & Religious Issues", which should mean that arguments here transcend borders.

Fourth....the original post/question is sexist.
I have to agree. Often 'predation' means the stronger preys upon the weaker, and most often some people assume this means people such as I are labeling an entire gender as 'the weaker sex'. It would likely not read so harshly if someone said "Of the two, the stronger preyed upon the weaker in this case." The problem is, people who are quick to cry 'sexism' are reluctant to ever use a sentence like that.

As to 'America bashing', you are right, it is quite prevalent, and I must admit that I have engaged in it, here and often. I really don't know what BubberMiley

I've never seen an America-basher on MLW yet
is talking about, I do it all the time. Mind you, no one reads my posts, so it may well have been overlooked.

Why did the witness go for a guard and not try to stop the man?

Because it's the sensible thing to do. Otherwise, the perp would've shot two people dead instead of one.

So what's pregnant got to do with it? Being pregnant does not give a woman any higher privileged status than the rest of the population.....at least, not by today's radical feminists' standards! Especially according to them, that thing in her tummy isn't human anyway...

There was a time not too long ago when "neanderthals" would risk all just to save females and children. Their safety above all else! The male moral code then was : women and children first!

I bet if the witness interfered and got shot..........he'll be called a moron.

And someone will be asking, "when will men grow up and stop trying to be stupid macho heroes? See? If he didn't rush in there maybe that poor woman would still be alive today!"

I read the link you've provided. The facts are:

The witness tried to intervene, and was told to get out of the way.

(So he did try....)

The woman was struggling trying to get away from the gunman.

(Would the situation turned out differently if she cooperated without any struggles, and waited for authorities to do the talking? After all, that's what law enforcers advice when you're faced with someone holding a gun to your head).

So what's pregnant got to do with it? Being pregnant does not give a woman any higher privileged status than the rest of the population.....at least, not by today's radical feminists' standards! Especially according to them, that thing in her tummy isn't human anyway...

Sounds to me like you've become too influenced by radical feminists.