SCOOTER bites the big one

You can expect Dick Cheney to take a medical retirement real soon.

Either that or he gets indicted by Fitz on the basis of the conviction of Libby. Not good for the Whitehouse at all.

Cheney has being playing avoidance of this with his tripping around the world, on American taxpayer's dime.

He should be indicted, and hopefullly he will. And one would hope the same would go for the whole Bush administration.

If those pardons are made while Oval Office impeachments are being considered, when those impeachments are concluded with the removal of Bush and Cheney, any pardon will be vacated, original sentence will be imposed, pending any arrangements to be made with the federal prosecutors office.

I don't think that the Republicans took this nearly as serious as they should have. I have no idea if the conviction will be the last one on the subject but you can be sure that the stink from accusation tarred the Republicans in the election. It probably doesn't help Bush in office as well. It is a long two years in office and as 2008 draws closer, I expect more Republican candidates will come out swinging against the administration for the war, their highhanded behaviour and for the willfully breaking laws and then trying to blame others.

This will get interesting, and it will be interesting to see how the MSM plays this out.

http://crooksandliars.com check it out. There is much said about the Libby case.

Fall Guy

Scapegoat

Took one for the Team.

If he gets pardoned at ALL, then we KNOW that there is evil in the White House. If Bush PARDONS Libby, then the whole trial was nothing but a circle jerking media farce. Not that it got alot of coverage. But I can't be sure of that, I do not have cable TV. So I get all my news online and in papers.

Oh he had a bad memory? Why would he be a Vice President's Aide if he had such a shoddy memory. Or actually this plays in perfect with it all. Protecting those who SHOULD be accountable for the crimes, and they probably lead to other crimes made by the current administration.

Oh but he is a nice guy and never would lie. No one lies. EVER. And people in the White House and people who help out those in the White House, NEVER LIE AT ALL.

THEY DO NOT LIE. They all have crappy memories.

Mockingly I say

'Mr. Bush, why is it that no WMDs have been found in Iraq after the invasion?'

To which he would reply,

'I am not sure, I cannot remember properly.'

Selective memory. Saying 'I can't remeber' is useful to someone like Libby.

If those pardons are made while Oval Office impeachments are being considered, when those impeachments are concluded with the removal of Bush and Cheney, any pardon will be vacated, original sentence will be imposed, pending any arrangements to be made with the federal prosecutors office.

Why not just pardon themselves?

Pardon's are common all the time with Presidents. It'll happen again here, no doubt, like it did with every other one before.

Why not just pardon themselves?

Pardon's are common all the time with Presidents. It'll happen again here, no doubt, like it did with every other one before.

Well time to start paying attention to WHO gets Pardoned. Why they were Pardoned, and what were the reasons for the person needing a pardon.

Yes it happens all the time and sometimes for good reason. I do not see a valid reason why Libby would/should Pardoned.

Who knows, maybe other crooks and liars have been pardoned.

Huh? Who made this up? Do you think Nixon's pardons were vacated too upon resignation? Impeachments are not "considered"....articles are drafted in the House and a trial is held in the Senate.

Bill Clinton was impeached....his pardons were not "vacated".

Huh? Who made this up? Do you think Nixon's pardons were vacated too upon resignation? Impeachments are not "considered"....articles are drafted in the House and a trial is held in the Senate.

Bill Clinton was impeached....his pardons were not "vacated".

Clinton was acquitted though by the U.S. Senate.

you guys who just make it up as you go along --- you really ought to give up your pathetic act

Why don't you try and back up your big accusations with some facts pal. You are a one trick pony.

certainly, there is no, trick to telling the truth -- if you can do nothing but whine and bitch because a thread was started from an electronic media event - the live reporting of the guilty verdicts handed down in the Libby case -- and require a URL instead, well, I pity you and your backwardness

This URL: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7030600400.html - offers the headline --- Libby Found Guilty in CIA Leak Case

is it still just an accusation? even after it's a headline? do you still question the FACT that Libby has been found guilty? how sad to be you

you guys who just make it up as you go along --- you really ought to give up your pathetic act

Why don't you try and back up your big accusations with some facts pal. You are a one trick pony.

certainly, there is no, trick to telling the truth -- if you can do nothing but whine and bitch because a thread was started from an electronic media event - the live reporting of the guilty verdicts handed down in the Libby case -- and require a URL instead, well, I pity you and your backwardness

This URL: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7030600400.html - offers the headline --- Libby Found Guilty in CIA Leak Case

is it still just an accusation? even after it's a headline? do you still question the FACT that Libby has been found guilty? how sad to be you

I can't believe how thick you are.

My comment about you backing up your big accusations with some facts was directed at the comment OF YOURS THAT I QUOTED. It wasn't directed at this thread, just your bone headed remarks that I QUOTED.

Well it seems that Libby cannot get pardoned by Bush.

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/petitions.htm

Section 1-2.112 Standards for Considering Pardon Petitions

In general, a pardon is granted on the basis of the petitioner's demonstrated good conduct for a substantial period of time after conviction and service of sentence. The Department's regulations require a petitioner to wait a period of at least five years after conviction or release from confinement (whichever is later) before filing a pardon application (28 C.F.R. § 1.2). In determining whether a particular petitioner should be recommended for a pardon, the following are the principal factors taken into account.

So he has to wait at least 5 years after the conviction.

List of Presidential pardons

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/recipients.htm

It seems from what I have read is that the current President has granted the fewest pardons of any previous president.

Well it seems that Libby cannot get pardoned by Bush....So he has to wait at least 5 years after the conviction.

List of Presidential pardons...It seems from what I have read is that the current President has granted the fewest pardons of any previous president.

So how was it that Ford can pardon Nixon so quickly?