Ann Coulter at it again

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...a light comedic thorn in the side of the political left. I don't know of anyone on the right who treats either she or Rush as the intellectual vanguard of the right, but I see from this thread that many on the left take her very seriously indeed! For some reason, and I have yet to figure this out, the left likes to use folks like Coulter to strawmanize the right. I've never seen anyone on the right prop up the corpse of Abby Hoffman and point to it as the personification of the left, or use the old strawman tactic to anywhere near the same degree as do those on the left...one of those mysteries, I guess, like the left's love of reductionist slogans, bumper stickers and "root causes".

If there was a shred of truth in what you posted I would comment.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A poor excuse for a SATIRIST?

LOL

She is world famous for her witty and sometimes nasty prose!

Sells millions of books and gets on TV many times.

She is a millionaire because of her success.

Fallacy. Popularity does not neccesarily equate to quality.

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...

Ewwwwww.

I've never seen anyone on the right prop up the corpse of Abby Hoffman and point to it as the personification of the left, or use the old strawman tactic to anywhere near the same degree as do those on the left

I think this is another case of selective memory. Just off the top of my head, Cindy Sheehan, Ward Churchill, and Michael Moore are all recent examples of individuals identified as "personifications of the left."

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...a light comedic thorn in the side of the political left. I don't know of anyone on the right who treats either she or Rush as the intellectual vanguard of the right, but I see from this thread that many on the left take her very seriously indeed! For some reason, and I have yet to figure this out, the left likes to use folks like Coulter to strawmanize the right. I've never seen anyone on the right prop up the corpse of Abby Hoffman and point to it as the personification of the left, or use the old strawman tactic to anywhere near the same degree as do those on the left...one of those mysteries, I guess, like the left's love of reductionist slogans, bumper stickers and "root causes".

If there was a shred of truth in what you posted I would comment.

What you mean is that if you could cross swords with me without suffering a shredding, you would. You can't, so don't.

I don't know of anyone on the right who treats either she or Rush as the intellectual vanguard of the right, but I see from this thread that many on the left take her very seriously indeed!

There you go. Thats one untruth. You know very well how well Rush plays to the Conservatives.

For some reason, and I have yet to figure this out, the left likes to use folks like Coulter to strawmanize the right. I've never seen anyone on the right prop up the corpse of Abby Hoffman and point to it as the personification of the left, or use the old strawman tactic to anywhere near the same degree as do those on the left...one of those mysteries, I guess, like the left's love of reductionist slogans, bumper stickers and "root causes".

There's two for you. When did Abby Hoffman talk at the DNC ? There is a reason Air America did not make it. There were too many moonbats on there slagging the right for giggles. DU is another fiasco and any person mid to left would not waste their time on it.

What you mean is that if you could cross swords with me without suffering a shredding, you would. You can't, so don't.

Nice opinion of yourself. Laughable really , considering your reputation and the shredding it has taken.

Come on scottsa , you are on plenty of BB's and frankly your shtick is unwelcome and other BB's have put you in your place (not speaking of MLW). Plenty of Homophobic and racist posts, although you seem to have toned that down recently with the exception being the Rosie thread.

You do not like to discuss , but rather prefer put downs, innuendo , smarmy remarks, belittlement all the while thinking you are amusing and smart.

I dont doubt you are smart, and that's a shame.

I guess it bolsters your strawman argument to resurrect the long-dead corpse of Abbie Hoffman as an example of how the right doesn't use him as a posterboy for the left. Why not use current, relevant, living examples, like the previously cited Churchill, Moore, and Sheehan? Oh, because then the strawman falls apart, that's why.

Nice opinion of yourself. Laughable really , considering your reputation and the shredding it has taken.

Come on scottsa , you are on plenty of BB's and frankly your shtick is unwelcome and other BB's have put you in your place (not speaking of MLW). Plenty of Homophobic and racist posts, although you seem to have toned that down recently with the exception being the Rosie thread.

You do not like to discuss , but rather prefer put downs, innuendo , smarmy remarks, belittlement all the while thinking you are amusing and smart.

I dont doubt you are smart, and that's a shame.

Guyser tell it like it is.

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...a light comedic thorn in the side of the political left.

Menage a trois anyone? YUCK. Now I must go and shower.

I like Ann. I fell in love the first time I saw her (in her early babehood) cutting some poor man-bashing feminist to shreds. Since then I enjoy her as I enjoy Rush Limbaugh...a light comedic thorn in the side of the political left.

Menage a trois anyone? YUCK. Now I must go and shower.

Actually there IS something nasty about her I kind of like......in a horizontal position that is. I can only imagine she might just be a wild one , and sadly, I go for that .

Ok so sue me. ;)

Come on scottsa , you are on plenty of BB's and frankly your shtick is unwelcome and other BB's have put you in your place (not speaking of MLW).

Care to describe some of these alleged BBs, or are you just up to slander again? Care to describe someone who has "put me in my place"?

Care to describe some of these alleged BBs, or are you just up to slander again? Care to describe someone who has "put me in my place"?

I didn't make that comment...

Limbaugh could eat you for lunch.

You mean the guy that makes all of the rants against the people who are supposedly destroying America because they support assistance to the poor, diplomacy, diversity, and public healthcare.

You must make lots of sense to your barflys while drinking your Canadian Blue, but hardly anywhere else.

I have enough sense not to make fun of people with Parkinson's, drunk or sober.

He rightly pointed out that his Parkinsons symptoms was enhanced by his willfully not taking medication. This was a valid observation, not humor. The purpose of the enhancement was promoting stem cell, also rightfully noted.

Again, Limbaugh could have you for lunch x 10.

Actually, it's another lie. The symptoms he was displaying occured because of the medication he was taking. The stuff is difficult to accurately dose and can easily be influenced by body and mind conditions.

once again, Rush viewers are more likely to hold incorrect views on news items and world events

Actually, it's another lie. The symptoms he was displaying occured because of the medication he was taking. The stuff is difficult to accurately dose and can easily be influenced by body and mind conditions.

once again, Rush viewers are more likely to hold incorrect views on news items and world events

World events? Fact is his ad was purposely influenced my medication manipulation. That manipulation was rightly pointed out by Limbaugh, and was overlooked elsewhere. Fact is, he points out manipulations and bias of the media all the time. As far as holding incorrect views, more likely the opposite.

World events? Fact is his ad was purposely influenced my medication manipulation. That manipulation was rightly pointed out by Limbaugh, and was overlooked elsewhere. Fact is, he points out manipulations and bias of the media all the time. As far as holding incorrect views, more likely the opposite.

Tinfoil hat Alert!!!!

He rightly pointed out that his Parkinsons symptoms was enhanced by his willfully not taking medication. This was a valid observation, not humor. The purpose of the enhancement was promoting stem cell, also rightfully noted.

Guthrie, you are wrong, you'll have to take it up with Michael J. Fox. He reveals in his own book, Lucky man, that he appeared in front of a senate committe without medication so his appearance would have more impact. Those are the facts, in black and white.

Guthrie, you are wrong, you'll have to take it up with Michael J. Fox. He reveals in his own book, Lucky man, that he appeared in front of a senate committe without medication so his appearance would have more impact. Those are the facts, in black and white.

No, not even close. This dittoheaded pantload is even less credible than WMD.

So? That wasn't what Limbaugh was referring to. That event occurred in 1998. The Limbaugh business was last year.

Aren't all of Limbaugh's views formed by medication manipulation?

Zing!

No, not even close. This dittoheaded pantload is even less credible than WMD.

Uh, are you disputing my comment? I don't quite follow, but in case you are referring to me as a dittohead, here's a link that proves you are incorrect. the truth

If you are interested in what actually went on, Michael outlines what he did about 3/4 the way down the page, under the heading: Senate Appropriations Subcommittee Hearing, Washington, D.C., September 28, 1999.

Just in case, here is the quote: "I had made a deliberate choice to appear before the subcommittee without medication. It seemed to me that this occasion demanded that my testimony about the effects of the disease, and the urgency we as a community were feeling, be seen as well as heard. For people who had never observed me in this kind of shape, the transformation must have been startling. "

Perhaps you should read the book.

So? That wasn't what Limbaugh was referring to. That event occurred in 1998. The Limbaugh business was last year.

Aren't all of Limbaugh's views formed by medication manipulation?

Zing!

Just to be clear, I am taking issue with guthrie's comment that the symptoms Fox was displaying occured because of the medication he was taking. Fox has said it happens when he stops taking it.

I might add that if Fox was willing to appear in front of a Senate committee without meds for the effect, it's at least possible he did it when promoting stem cell research.

Perhaps you should deal with the issue at hand instead of 10 year old recounts of other events.

Is there anything in his book about that ad???

Three to four times every day, I go through the transitions between the two poles, navigating the tricky passage from the land of "off" to "on." The most surreal aspect of this thrill ride is that during every "on" time, I delude myself into believing that that, and not the other, is my "normal" condition.

None of the pills I take gives me even a mild buzz, but the freedom of movement and the interlude of physical grace they provide are intoxicating. I don't squander a nanosecond of this time contemplating the inconvenient truth that what I'm experiencing is not "real." I don't think about that when I'm splashing in the surf with Aquinnah and Schuyler, fishing for bass with Sam, or huffing to keep up with Tracy on the bike rides she loves so much. I truly do forget and, lost in this sublime ordinariness, it's easy to miss the subtle twitches, creeping rigidity, and vibrating sensations urging me to crack open the vial and toss back another little blue pill.