Ann Coulter at it again

"Both Limbaugh and Coulter are shills for the fascist right."

It is plain that you overlook where these two have been stating their displeasure about the Republican President on several topics.They are not shills since they have attacked even some of the Republicans pet positions on the issues.

Gosh did you forget Ann's loud attack on the Presidents choice for the SCOTUS?

She lambasts the White House for being a wimp with the Democrats on number of occasions.

He said she was a shill for the fascist right, not the Whitehouse. Those positions tend to confirm that characterization.

Sigh,

you are playing fast and loose with the meaning of the word fascist.

She has no political power and has NO organizational position in a party.

She is a SATIRIST with a witty and potty mouth.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is a SATIRIST with a witty and potty mouth.

Except without the satire or the wit part.

She's a professional scold, attackdog, and haridan, not a satirist.

The Dictionary differs with you:

sat·ire /ˈsætaɪər/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sat-ahyuhr] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. the use of irony, sarcasm, ridicule, or the like, in exposing, denouncing, or deriding vice, folly, etc.

2. a literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.

3. a literary genre comprising such compositions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1500–10; < L satira, var. of satura medley, perh. fem. deriv. of satur sated (see saturate)]

—Synonyms 1. See irony1. 2, 3. burlesque, caricature, parody, travesty. Satire, lampoon refer to literary forms in which vices or follies are ridiculed. Satire, the general term, often emphasizes the weakness more than the weak person, and usually implies moral judgment and corrective purpose: Swift's satire of human pettiness and bestiality. Lampoon refers to a form of satire, often political or personal, characterized by the malice or virulence of its attack: lampoons of the leading political figures.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/satire

I did say that she has a potty mouth.

Her Books,Columns and Interviews are full of Satorical commentary.

Do you read much?

LOL

Goodness, this is certainly irking the left. Some are going into veritable transports of creativity and plumbing the dictionary and thesaurus alike in a search for nasty things to call her. Shame there's no one on the left who gets conservatives all aflutter...it sounds like fun, all that gnashing of teeth and slathering of jaw...over an entertainer. The left is so highly strung. So ready to indulge in hysterical hyperbole.

Funny (again)

You hate Rosie for her "speeches" on 911... yet the left is not "allowed" to hate the fool on the right (fools actually, but this thread is about only one rightwing fool)

So which is it? Ban free speech (ban Rosie?)

or

Ban free speech (ban Anne?)

or

Allow free speech and allow both sides their voice?

Can't have it both ways sweetheart.

Free speech to a rightwinger is anything they happen to agree with. If disagreeable to them, ban it! Pffffffffft.

Goodness, this is certainly irking the left. Some are going into veritable transports of creativity and plumbing the dictionary and thesaurus alike in a search for nasty things to call her. Shame there's no one on the left who gets conservatives all aflutter...it sounds like fun, all that gnashing of teeth and slathering of jaw...over an entertainer. The left is so highly strung. So ready to indulge in hysterical hyperbole.

Well, obviously I can't speak for 'the left', but observing from the center, it's pretty clear that Coulter is a rightwing stalking-horse whose 'humor' consists of slandering and victimizing anyone who falls afoul of right wing prejudices. As much as rightwingers relish that sort of thing, it's really not satire or humor.

Goodness, this is certainly irking the left. Some are going into veritable transports of creativity and plumbing the dictionary and thesaurus alike in a search for nasty things to call her. Shame there's no one on the left who gets conservatives all aflutter....

Who? like Moore? Frankin? Rosie?

Well, obviously I can't speak for 'the left', but observing from the center, it's pretty clear that Coulter is a rightwing stalking-horse whose 'humor' consists of slandering and victimizing anyone who falls afoul of right wing prejudices. As much as rightwingers relish that sort of thing, it's really not satire or humor.

Thank you for skirting my post.

LOL

I showed you the definition and you were had.

Why are you denying the obvious that Ann Coulter is a SATIRIST?

She has been nasty,humorus and plain stupid in her writings.

Ann Coulter an Entertainer?

I think she really believes what she writes and I doubt it is for "entertainment".

She has an obvious dislike for liberalism and she attacks it hard in her writings.

I had to use the dictionary because he was denying the obvious that she is a Satirist.

When they continue to deny without a good rebuttal.Then I know they are just blowing smoke.

There is little I'd like to do more than forget Bill O'Really

Bill O'Rielly bothers you that much?

He at least has much better manners than Coulter.

He is NO Republican either.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Sure he does. He is a dangerous man for many ignorant people like Bill.

OH and he is intelligent and reasonable HAHAHAHHA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLPuGuaZTx8 With Jeraldo Revera.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c With Phil Donahue

CHEAP SHOTS !!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MsuooIpnArQ Cuts off a former Colenels mic.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/index.php?s=Ann+Wright Explains the above clip

This is my fave part

Can anyone argue with a straight face that FOX doesn't engage in pure agenda journalism? Bill knew exactly who Wright was and had the intention of painting her as an America-hating kook the entire time. But when she very reasonably explained that you can't talk about the Iranian situation without talking about how the United States treats it's own captured prisoners, Bill ends up losing it and accusing her — a 29 year Army veteran — of hating America. When did serving your country and demanding it abide by the Geneva Conventions become "hating America"? And when did cutting the mic of an Army veteran and accusing her of "hating America" become loving America?

Notice the subtitles they put up during the interview.

I shall continue

WATCH OUT FOR LUNATICS !!!

Bill needs dumb people on his show to make him better. Sometimes he gets the smart ones on his show. That ends up looking bad for him.

Oh how I could go on......

There is little I'd like to do more than forget Bill O'Really

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA Sure he does. He is a dangerous man for many ignorant people like Bill.

OH and he is intelligent and reasonable HAHAHAHHA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tLPuGuaZTx8 With Jeraldo Revera.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ctlmholr45c With Phil Donahue

CHEAP SHOTS !!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MsuooIpnArQ Cuts off a former Colenels mic.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/index.php?s=Ann+Wright Explains the above clip

This is my fave part

Can anyone argue with a straight face that FOX doesn't engage in pure agenda journalism? Bill knew exactly who Wright was and had the intention of painting her as an America-hating kook the entire time. But when she very reasonably explained that you can't talk about the Iranian situation without talking about how the United States treats it's own captured prisoners, Bill ends up losing it and accusing her — a 29 year Army veteran — of hating America. When did serving your country and demanding it abide by the Geneva Conventions become "hating America"? And when did cutting the mic of an Army veteran and accusing her of "hating America" become loving America?

Notice the subtitles they put up during the interview.

I shall continue

WATCH OUT FOR LUNATICS !!!

Bill needs dumb people on his show to make him better. Sometimes he gets the smart ones on his show. That ends up looking bad for him.

Oh how I could go on......

Sigh,

I was COMPARING him with Ann Coulter.

Read better next time ok.

Sigh,

And I was showing you how his manners are just as bad as Coulters. Since it seems that is the argument you were trying to make there. And how the hell can one read better with only 3 lines of text present? Does not leave much room for interpretation. Or did you not say what you really meant?

Sigh,

And I was showing you how his manners are just as bad as Coulters. Since it seems that is the argument you were trying to make there. And how the hell can one read better with only 3 lines of text present? Does not leave much room for interpretation. Or did you not say what you really meant?

Ok I could have said more to make you happy.I was asking Guthrie anyway NOT you.That is why I was sparse in my post.He knows where I am coming from.You obviously do not.

However Ann Coulter Writes a lot more Satorically than Bill.Bill writes his books with little Satire at all.

She makes insults in her writing.She also does namecalling in her writing.Bill writes with negligible to zero namecalling,insulting and so on.

On TV. Ann Coulter is actually a lot nicer while Bill is more overbearing.

A world of difference.

Bill has a show where his undenied combativeness is evident and yet people keep coming to his show.Maybe there is a reason for it?

I tried all your links and only the last one works.

Here is the one I read:

WRIGHT: "I want to make sure the United States treats people properly.."

O'REILLY: "Sure you do. Sure you do."

WRIGHT: "I surely do. That's what I spent 29 years of my life trying to do."

O'REILLY: "Sorry. No you didn't. You know what happened to you…somewhere along the line you started to dislike your own country…."

WRIGHT: "I served 29 years. How many did you serve? Where did you teach the Geneva Conventions?"

O'REILLY: "Cut her mic."

LOL,

A mighty short transcript section of the video.

How would I know this was NOT taken out of context?

All I see is rudeness.

NO namecalling.

No threats.

No slander.

Ann Coulter is much nastier than this example you used against Bill.

Try reading any of her books.

Why are you denying the obvious that Ann Coulter is a SATIRIST?

The definition you tendered was substantially wrong.

A satirist is a person who produces satire. Here is a definition of satire from a real dictionary:

http://www.webster.com/dictionary/satire

Satire-

1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn

2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

Coulter doesn't comply with the first, because she holds up human virtues to scorn, not vices or follies.

She doesn't comply with the second for the same reason, PLUS she doesn't use wit, irony, or sarcasm. She uses lies and abuse.

Satire-

1 : a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn

2 : trenchant wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

Coulter doesn't comply with the first, because she holds up human virtues to scorn, not vices or follies.

She doesn't comply with the second for the same reason, PLUS she doesn't use wit, irony, or sarcasm. She uses lies and abuse.

She does not hold virtues to scorn. She scorns human folly and hypocracy.

And second, humor is in the eye of the beholder, and she is extremely witty and sarcastic.

Ann Coulter is a political satirist. Different from Mark Twain, but certainly she fits the definition for the 21st century.

She does not hold virtues to scorn.

Yes, she does.

She scorns human folly and hypocracy.

No, she doesn't. She encourages it.

And second, humor is in the eye of the beholder, ...

That's true.

For example, shameless rightwingers think it's funny to denigrate and lie about people, abuse their grief, and victimize them with words.

and she is extremely witty and sarcastic.

No, she's not.

Ann Coulter is a political satirist.

Nope. Satire is a particular type of humor and Coulter doesn't use it.

She does not hold virtues to scorn.

Yes, she does.

She scorns human folly and hypocracy.

No, she doesn't. She encourages it.

And second, humor is in the eye of the beholder, ...

That's true.

For example, shameless rightwingers think it's funny to denigrate and lie about people, abuse their grief, and victimize them with words.

and she is extremely witty and sarcastic.

No, she's not.

Ann Coulter is a political satirist.

Nope. Satire is a particular type of humor and Coulter doesn't use it.

That's your response? " No she doesn't!! So there, I told you! I'M right and you're wrong. Nah nah nah-nah nah."

That's pretty weak, even for a leftwinger.

I made none of the assertions that you were responding to. Go ahead and review the last few pages.

Edit: And I haven't ever simply answered someone with a response that is three words long (no she doesn't), without further explanation. Hey, it's a free country, do whatever turns your crank.

I made none of the assertions that you were responding to. Go ahead and review the last few pages.

I apologize, I lost track of who I was answering.

I answered someone else's unsupported assertions with some of my own. You chose to take me up on it because you prefer his unsupported assertions to my unsupported assertions, probably without any reasonable basis for that preference.

Edit: And I haven't ever simply answered someone with a response that is three words long (no she doesn't), without further explanation. Hey, it's a free country, do whatever turns your crank.

Thanks. Watch me.

I apologize, I lost track of who I was answering.

I answered someone else's unsupported assertions with some of my own. You chose to take me up on it because you prefer his unsupported assertions to my unsupported assertions, probably without any reasonable basis for that preference.

You have a point there. I only scanned the previous several comments myself and now see why you reponded as you did.

You have a point there. I only scanned the previous several comments myself and now see why you reponded as you did.

Sharkman. You know this is going to come back and bite you in the ass. I hope you read the whole thread before making yourself look foolish. Just some advice.

How would I know this was NOT taken out of context?

If you had watched all the videos I had linked, you would know that it was not taken out of context.

NO namecalling.

yeah he does quite a bit, pay attention.

No threats.

For the most part, yes.

No slander.

Bill slanders quite a bit. Most people who are on the air slander others. Just nobody notices it much anymore for the airwaves are stocked full of this rhetoric from BOTH sides.