Two Non-Multi-Cult Stories, or Mixing it Up and Making It

Why? Would we better off without hard, biting and unrelentless criticism of our own culture? In other words, why should we display any temperance towards our own culture at all?

One more time, I mean that people who preach tolerance for different cultures shouldn't demand or expect more or extra special tolerance for their own which I often get the sense people are doing in these sorts of threads.

Because some people are oversensitive and mistake rational criticism as some bizarre admittance of weakness, inferiority or self-hatred? Pffff...

No, because inflating the importance of your own culture over that of others is pretty much the same as displaying intolerance for them.

The people taken most seriously are those than can provide rational criticism and that criticism is usually input into cultural or societal change. If you don't believe me, read some any history books.

I certainly don't disbelieve this. I think you've just misinterpreted what I was saying.

Fine; self-reflection and criticism can be healthy. But, then, freedom of expression - including critique of one's own culture around them - has long been a part of our culture, unlike some others.

I know and agree but what has also been a big part of our culture is bragging about how great it is compared to most if not all the others.

You really can't hear that criticism I'm making or just don't want to?

That's partly - perhaps mostly - true, but not entirely. There was much that was supplied by "the Kings" (i.e. the British and French governments) that aided the colonists - institutions of government, armies and navies, currency, markets, & etc.

Much less than what they left behind. Quebec became its own distinct culture almost right away, for example. A Quebecker was already within 100 years much more of a self-reliant individual than a French countryman.

Much less than what they left behind. Quebec became its own distinct culture almost right away, for example. A Quebecker was already within 100 years much more of a self-reliant individual than a French countryman.

As I said, likely true. Still, one of the first things I thought of when I read your post was the Filles du roi.

It's an interesting question. Canada and the US were founded at about the same time, in an environment that already had to include diversity, since there were different foreign peoples, different religions, and different classes of people working together within the same environment.

We were already founded in diversity, in my opinion, and the success of the approach to that reality is what continues today.

You're looking at history through rose coloured glases!

When the Europeans arrived(North and South American continents)They went through great extremes to destroy and wipe out centuries old cultures and civilizations deep rooted here!

They enslaved and brought over slaves!(And by the way,at the time the Europeans classified slaves as being only 2/3 human)

The thirteen colinies were so intolerant towards catholics and French that they rebelled against England after the Quebec act was enacted!

I'll tell you what would have happened if the Chinese colonized the Americas-A big freakin war would have happened!Thats a no brainer!

In order to be an immigrant, a host nation has to exist. Thus the founding people were not immigrants.

Up until the 1960s, when the American government caved to Jewish pressure to open the flood gates of immigration from around the world, America was 90% white, or, if the word "white" offends you, of European descent. Moreover, every founding father was white, or, again, of European descent.

In the preamble of the U.S. Constitution, it states, "...secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." This is what America was built on NOT the 1960s counter-culture movement or Jewish influence. Now, I ask you, WHO do you suppose they were talking about when they used the words, "ourselves and our posterity," anchor babies?

America and its culture were created by people of European descent.

Hi Lictor...

Thought you were banned?

Hi Lictor...

Thought you were banned?

Darn, and I thought noone else had recognized him. :P

Now, to you Lictor... err I mean Dissenter.

How do you propose exactly North America be made white? I strongly suspect that closure of the border, segregation, perhaps even mass deportation, ban of inter-racial relationships are in order. But what else? Especially, what if the ahem inferiors do not want to cooperate? Go ahead, tell us all.

Darn, and I thought noone else had recognized him. :P

Now, to you Lictor... err I mean Dissenter.

How do you propose exactly North America be made white? I strongly suspect that closure of the border, segregation, perhaps even mass deportation, ban of inter-racial relationships are in order. But what else? Especially, what if the ahem inferiors do not want to cooperate? Go ahead, tell us all.

You can smell white supremecist shite a mile away!!!

Ask ol' Lictor about Seal and Heidi Klum??

That's always a good one!

Or about his theory on a global Fascist empire??(alternate history...If the NAZI's won WW2)

I've got one that turned him into knots last year...

Hey Lictor...Have you figured out the title and subject matter of W.E.B Du Bois' 1903 essay yet?

Have you figured out how it relates to the modern day ethos of the NAACP and how it ties into what happened almost 40 years earlier?

Edited by Jack Weber

The thirteen colinies were so intolerant towards catholics and French that they rebelled against England after the Quebec act was enacted!
Oh really?

Maryland was a Catholic colony or didn't you know that?

Culture is the outer skin of societies..It is not who people are. You do not judge a culture good or bad - you judge the individual. Once you are on my turf CANADA - You fit in and assimulate - Do you know how many immigrants believe that Canada is a non-country and it is up for grabs..that it does not belong to anyone....most new arrivals and visa bound workers do...I had to explain to our Chilean house guest who called us racists because we did not want every person from Mexico wandering in - etc...I put it to her boldly _ This is MY nation and you are a guest...This is my land and I own it - just like all patriotic and pragmatic real Canadians - Canada`s title is held by us...and we will never give it up to anyone who shows up and demands it.

Culture is the outer skin of societies..It is not who people are. You do not judge a culture good or bad - you judge the individual. Once you are on my turf CANADA - You fit in and assimulate - Do you know how many immigrants believe that Canada is a non-country and it is up for grabs..that it does not belong to anyone....most new arrivals and visa bound workers do...I had to explain to our Chilean house guest who called us racists because we did not want every person from Mexico wandering in - etc...I put it to her boldly _ This is MY nation and you are a guest...This is my land and I own it - just like all patriotic and pragmatic real Canadians - Canada`s title is held by us...and we will never give it up to anyone who shows up and demands it.

This is MY nation and you are a guest...This is my land and I own it - just like all patriotic and pragmatic real Canadians - Canada`s title is held by us...and we will never give it up to anyone who shows up and demands it.

ROFLMAO.

One more time, I mean that people who preach tolerance for different cultures shouldn't demand or expect more or extra special tolerance for their own which I often get the sense people are doing in these sorts of threads.

No, because inflating the importance of your own culture over that of others is pretty much the same as displaying intolerance for them.

I certainly don't disbelieve this. I think you've just misinterpreted what I was saying.

I completely misread you then and I agree with where you are coming from.

Ahh another Earthling.

So what do you think about letting a bunch of filthy smelly Martians in?

After what they did in Mars Attacks! no, we should keep them out because they always come proclaiming peace and then destroy our buildings and governments with their deathly rays...

You can smell white supremecist shite a mile away!!!

In YOUR OPINION it's white supremacy. That's just a smear tactic.

The definition of "white supremacy," according to Webster's Dictionary, is the belief that the white race is superior and should have control over people of other races. Wanting white people to be able to have control over their OWN future in predominantly white countries is not white supremacy.

On the other hand, we are told that all of these people are flooding into predominantly white countries so that they can have better lives. In other words, it's based on the belief that they cannot develop comparable living standards on their own. That, if you think about it, IS white supremacy.

You're looking at history through rose coloured glases!

When the Europeans arrived(North and South American continents)They went through great extremes to destroy and wipe out centuries old cultures and civilizations deep rooted here!

They enslaved and brought over slaves!(And by the way,at the time the Europeans classified slaves as being only 2/3 human)

I'll tell you what would have happened if the Chinese colonized the Americas-A big freakin war would have happened!Thats a no brainer!

What you point out is not unique to white people.

Slavery has been around for thousands of years, it's been universal, and still exists in parts of Africa a couple hundred years after Britain abolished it.

The Turks were not invited to the Gates of Vienna, yet nobody is saying that because you did that, we're going to create a blended humanity ONLY in Turkey and turn Turks into a minority. On the contrary, the Turks are still trying to flood into Europe - just through immigration this time.

It's an interesting question. Canada and the US were founded at about the same time, in an environment that already had to include diversity, since there were different foreign peoples, different religions, and different classes of people working together within the same environment.

We were already founded in diversity, in my opinion, and the success of the approach to that reality is what continues today.

Up until the 1960s, 90% of the US population was of European descent. In Canada, the percentage was even higher.