Justin Trudeau

jdobbin

If Justin didn't base his entire worldview around Daddy, I might have some respect. But he's actually the second coming of the same man, he defines himself by his father.

I've got alot of respect for Justin in his work on outdoors safety, especially with the tradegic loss of his brother.

But in politics, the guy has none of his own views. He's PET's pet. The same dealio.

Margrace, don't you in particular think we should be worrried about politicans that follow too closely to daddy's footsteps?? I think you've made references to a certain hereditary leadership system somewhere else in North America?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He obviously makes you very angry.

Not "very", just angry about his attitude ( and have been for about 10 years now). He speaks like an old philosopher but I think it's his Acting from Drama school that's he's presenting.He know not of what he speaks.

His father was a smart man,educated, a lawyer, knew what he argued about(right or wrong). And Pierre acquired this intelligence base at a younger age than Justin.

Justin's doesn't have a background of anything, claim to fame.....Pierre's son. Public speaker at $5,000 a crack. What's his specialty,avalanche safety,getting kids to join Katamavik?

It's not his knowledge(he has none), it's strickly his name.....that's it.

Why would he make a good politician?

Because his father was PM? Do People really think genetics creates good politicians?

Sort of like Paul Martin, his father would have made 10 times the PM junior turned out to be.

The Media is doing the hype for Trudeau, and Justin loves the attention,but doesn't deserve it.

Hope he peters out in Papineau....and any other riding.

He hasn't proven his worth......yet.

I get the impression that Dion also hopes he peters out.

This week Justin has messed up some important media time from Liberal announcements by saying he was running.

Sort of like Paul Martin, his father would have made 10 times the PM junior turned out to be.

The Media is doing the hype for Trudeau, and Justin loves the attention,but doesn't deserve it.

Hope he peters out in Papineau....and any other riding.

He hasn't proven his worth......yet.

I get the impression that Dion also hopes he peters out.

This week Justin has messed up some important media time from Liberal announcements by saying he was running.

Paul Martin Sr ran for the leadership four times and lost every time.

I think what can be said for father and son was that they were fine cabinet ministers.

I have no idea if Justin Trudeau will be a good candidate. I don't know him nor has he made an impression. I do know that I don't want the BQ to win the seat.

It would seem that Dion will not criticize Trudeau but he has not reason to go out of his way for him. It is possible that Trudeau won't even win the nomination.

In any event, it is in the hands of the Liberal membership in the area and if it goes beyond that, the voters of Papineau.

No reason to get angry about it. These things eventually sort themselves out.

One of JT's singular attributes is his ability to inspire discussion, controversy, and political debate. Witness on this thread, Crazy Canuck, a member of MLW since June 22, 2005, making his/her 39th post, and munsinger, a member since February 1, 2006, making his/her 8th post. Of all the topics on this forum, JT has brought people who lurk, but do not post, out of the shadows. What will he do for the nation at large?

BTW, CC and munsinger, I'm not trying to discourage your participation! I hope to hear more of your ideas!

In any event, it is in the hands of the Liberal membership in the area and if it goes beyond that, the voters of Papineau.
But unlike the easy go his father had in Mount Royal, Trudeau faces a strong incumbent, Bloc Québécois MP Vivian Barbot. Papineau is a working-class riding with a large Haitian population, and Barbot is from that community.

The Liberals need a "Vivian Barbot" type who IS part of the community. Justin doesn't represent Papineau because he is not part of the community...... in more ways than one.

One of JT's singular attributes is his ability to inspire discussion, controversy, and political debate. Witness on this thread, Crazy Canuck, a member of MLW since June 22, 2005, making his/her 39th post, and munsinger, a member since February 1, 2006, making his/her 8th post. Of all the topics on this forum, JT has brought people who lurk, but do not post, out of the shadows. What will he do for the nation at large?

BTW, CC and munsinger, I'm not trying to discourage your participation! I hope to hear more of your ideas!

Huh? From one singular example you extrapolate character traits of Justin? You may be reaching a little, after all it sounds like you are a fan of his.

But here's an example of his actions, which may tell another story about him. It's an observation of Patrick J. Delaney, who wrote a letter to the editor of the National Post. He mentions the photo op wherein JT was dashing through the airport named after his father when he stopped just long enough to announce to the reporters gathered there that he would be seeking the nomination in the Papineau riding. This riding has been described as a working class riding. JT then dashes over to the Air Canada "Super Elite" counter to check in, no doubt flying first class to Vancouver. The guy obviously doesn't see himself as 'working class', and is just a carpetbagger who is parachuting into a riding he thinks he can win.

Has he run any companies? Any upper management type positions? Just what is his life experience from which he can draw to serve the public, or is he just running on his father's name?

You trying to say Justin ain't from da hood? Or however the French would say that? :lol:

Geoffrey,

You hit the nail square on the "noble" head. :)

Trudeau lacks street cred: MP

Justin Trudeau does not have the credibility with the immigrant community to get elected in Montreal's Papineau riding, says the current Bloc Quebecois MP.

Vivian Barbot, a Haitian immigrant and former president of the Quebec Federation of Women, said Trudeau would have been a better fit in the wealthier riding of Outremont.

"Apparently, they didn't want him in Outremont where he lives," said Barbot. "I can tell you the minute his name became louder people started calling our office saying they wanted to work for us."

If Justin Trudeau is like his father, then he will be pushing the multi-cultural, communist, steal-from-the-west, here comes another NEP agenda.

Take it from someone who never understood the East until I lived there for a while - I now defend many of the grievances of the East even though I probably would have agreed with my fellow Westerners if I had never left here for a while.

Justin also lived out West for a while. He will not abandon the West for the same reason - it's now a part of him.

Unless of course by "the West" you mean AB. In which case, just remember Gerard Kennedy.

You hit the nail square on the "noble" head. :)

Trudeau lacks street cred: MP

Not the first time I've had my ideas plucked from this forum for a newspaper. :lol:

Grrr.

Take it from someone who never understood the East until I lived there for a while - I now defend many of the grievances of the East even though I probably would have agreed with my fellow Westerners if I had never left here for a while.

Justin also lived out West for a while. He will not abandon the West for the same reason - it's now a part of him.

Unless of course by "the West" you mean AB. In which case, just remember Gerard Kennedy.

Kennedy is Western by upbringing, but his ideas are only mildly tempered by Western economics/social views. He's no balance to a metro-Montreal type Trudeau that's for sure.

Trudeau's western-isms end at the bottom of the run at Lake Louise. And he's only out here because we have better skiing then Quebec. He's no more in touch with people like me than Mr. Dion. ;)

Also coming from someone that has lived in both the East and West.

• 2 months later...

Of course I disagree, being a BQ sympathizer... but one of the things I want to see, if Trudeau is elected, is some serious increase in sport and sport safety programming.

I'd hate to see such a detached, idealist, academic in charge of the country (see: Harper), but his contributions to backcountry safety have been outstanding, I hope that he continues that legacy in office.

"Not just a last name" - Justin Trudeau

"I'm someone who has a first name, who is able to reach out and represent people."

Sorry, not to me. At best, you are just a last name to me. Then again, I am not in your riding.

CAVEAT: Permit me to speak aneceditorially.

I think Canadians in general are evolving away from taking hierarchy for granted. Part of me wants to think that immigrants are to thank for that. I do not want to believe that Liberals can count on "the ethnic vote" anymore. When somebody looks at a culture of a rich freeloading pre-politician whose father was a rich politician [Trudeau is not the only one] and so on and so on, I want to believe that more and more Canadians -- new and old -- will look to that with disdain instead of reverence. I also want to believe they will look to that as something they wanted to escape.

Most people I know hate the guy who jumped the queue and got the job only because his uncle owns the company.

"Not just a last name" - Justin Trudeau

"I'm someone who has a first name, who is able to reach out and represent people."

Sorry, not to me. At best, you are just a last name to me. Then again, I am not in your riding.

CAVEAT: Permit me to speak aneceditorially.

I think Canadians in general are evolving away from taking hierarchy for granted. Part of me wants to think that immigrants are to thank for that. I do not want to believe that Liberals can count on "the ethnic vote" anymore. When somebody looks at a culture of a rich freeloading pre-politician whose father was a rich politician [Trudeau is not the only one] and so on and so on, I want to believe that more and more Canadians -- new and old -- will look to that with disdain instead of reverence. I also want to believe they will look to that as something they wanted to escape.

Most people I know hate the guy who jumped the queue and got the job only because his uncle owns the company.

Martin was the worst example. No one has taken advantage of his rightful position or profited by it as much as he did.

Good thing Justin decided to run in the riding of Papineau where until quite recently they predicted he wouldn't even win his nomination. He pounded the pavement and earned this nomination.

Everywhere I look men hate the guy women love him. Hmmmm, I wonder if the latter has anything to do with the former.

Everywhere I look men hate the guy women love him. Hmmmm, I wonder if the latter has anything to do with the former.

That's quite often because men think with their brains ( he has no experience) while women tend to go with feelings, which can be affected by looking good in a suit.

Of course it the name, as far as I know he hasn't done anything yet to earn any political kudos.

"You can understand how fiercely proud I am to be able to say that your prime minister was also my dad," Trudeau said.

Did any one see the CTV interviews with the riding grits? All hoping for another Pierre - kinda gets you right here doesn't it.

Pierre Trudeau's government was the worst and most damaging in the history of this country, in so many ways .

We don't need another mindless can-do-no-wrong irresponsible Trudeau running around Ottawa. Lets hope he is at at least a bit different to daddy.