Why Are Chinese So Cruel

BayLee

It realy sickens me when I think of how the Chinese treat animals.

The pictures and film of what they do to bears that came out a few years ago disgusted me.

Now watching todays news and seeing film of what they do to dogs and cats for their fur.

Keeping them in bags,starving them.

Skinning them alive.

Then having the gall to sell the hair as fake fur.

So much cruelty to animals in the world

Guess those bears weren't Pandas...

There are still idiots out there who make roosters fight to the death. What about Rodeo -- how cruel is that?

Every country does something that others believe is "bad".

China is no different.

(rodeos are harmful? hmm..horses and bulls transported in nice comfy vans, fed , vets on duty....damn can I be a rodeo horse?)

Are you sure? Maybe you'd like to think that through again. Go ahead...

2 interesting concepts for you: Electric prods & Ball clamps.

------

And I agree that the Chinesse case stands out as particularly horrid. I don't think that cultural relativism applies here. But go look at the investigative videos on the PETA web sites and you will realize that we are in no position to look down on them. Unfortunately...

Yes I fully agree.There is much cruelty to animals going on right here in Canada.

The raising of baby cows for veil has got to be the worst kind of cruelty to animals in Canada.

And to think it is legal to do that sort of thing to a living creature is mind boggling.

An yes throwing a live lobster into boiling water is obcene

Rodeos and hunters who injure and let animals die a slow death are indeed 2 other examples.

Slaughter houses?

Well yes for sure cruel .Certainly mentaly for the poor animal.

But at least they are quick,hopefully.

But what the Chinese do is a whole other level of cruelty

You can make all kinds of statements as to cruelty in Canada but what they do to dogs and cats and having black bears live in a suspended cage,with just enough room to stand up,and thats all,and then milking this animal of all its bodily fluids just so some small dicked chineese man can get a hard on is as I said,cruelty at its worst

Do you eat them? How is killing them better than making them suffer?

If animals are self-interested (which they are not in my opinion), their 'murder' would be the most objectionable thing you could do to one. It's the ultimate infringement on liberty.

Of course, you could also make the argument that battery should carry a far higher sentance than murder, but I hope you see how silly that would be.

The raising of baby cows for veil has got to be the worst kind of cruelty to animals in Canada.

What else can a Bride wear on her wedding day, come on man, they all have to wear a "veil "

Why is a lobster being thrown in a pot so bad ? What is obscene is not having the drawn butter ready and hot when I pull the lobster out.

I have worked a kill floor. It really did not strike me as gruesome.

I am really shocked but then again not really surprised that so many people on an obvious right wing dominated forum would make jokes about animal cruelty and not condem very well known Chinese animal cruelty.

Yes we do it too,but as I said,Chinese take it to a whole other level.

But right wingers dont care

I am really shocked but then again not really surprised that so many people on an obvious right wing dominated forum would make jokes about animal cruelty and not condem very well known Chinese animal cruelty.

But right wingers dont care

Show me a case of someone not caring about animal cruelty on this board?

Maybe right wingers dont care , I dont really know, I am left wing. Ooops...did that just shoot down your arguement?

China is well known for past abuse of animals. They are getting better, but since they eat dogs and cats, it is not my worry. Thats what they eat. So be it.

India thinks cows should roam free. They might think us nuts to scarf a burger now and then. Do you feel bad lining up at Burger King for a Whopper thinking damn.....this wont go well in Calcutta?

Have you heard the screams when you cut the corn from the stalk. ..or yank the carrot out of the ground by its "hair". It is sickening.....well at least until the butter and salt goes on them.

Get a grip.

Killing an animal for food is entirely different than torturing it for entertainment.

I grew up on a ranch with 300 head. We killed 'em, we ate 'em -- but we never, never tortured them for fun. (dewlapping is not for fun, neutering is not for fun, de-horning is not for fun -- stabbing a horse or bull with spurs for the express purpose of getting it "angry" is torture IMO.

China is well known for past abuse of animals. They are getting better, but since they eat dogs and cats, it is not my worry. Thats what they eat. So be it.

India thinks cows should roam free. They might think us nuts to scarf a burger now and then. Do you feel bad lining up at Burger King for a Whopper thinking damn.....this wont go well in Calcutta?

Have you heard the screams when you cut the corn from the stalk. ..or yank the carrot out of the ground by its "hair". It is sickening.....well at least until the butter and salt goes on them.

Oh brother.

No one is talking about what they eat.

Anyone who doesnt think that making a black bear live its short life in a suspended cage with only room to stand up is cruel is a sicko

Anyone who doesnt think a dog is forced to live its life in a bag is cruel is a sicko

Yea,right wingers make baby cows suffer so they can serve veil to some uncaring person.

That doesnt make what Chinese do to animals which is far worse OK

Yea,right wingers make baby cows suffer so they can serve veil to some uncaring person.

Hmm, right wingers make baby cows suffer....so they can serve up a scarf..?..wedding veil...?...

You know come to think of it , you might be right. Making a baby cow eat a wedding veil , or a scarf is cruel and unusual punishment.

But dude, dont be jonesing on my Hermes scarf. That baby cow is wrapped in purely the finest that money can buy.

You dont understand jokes too well do you....

Anyone who doesnt think that making a black bear live its short life in a suspended cage with only room to stand up is cruel is a sicko

Anyone who doesnt think a dog is forced to live its life in a bag is cruel is a sicko

That doesnt make what Chinese do to animals which is far worse OK

Awwww!!! The animal has no comprehension of emotion, it doesn't know what's happening. It's purely your emotions, and not rationality that's the trouble here.

I'd never torture an animal, doesn't seem like a fun thing to do to me. But really, it's not like they have a clue what's happening anyways. If they have any rights, killing them for food is just as much a problem. Think about it before you speak and put a little rationality into your emotional plea.

I personally, and us as citizens of the world, have a hell of a lot more pressing things to worry about than cruelty to animals, sorry to say.

Long before we start worrying about bears being killed in China, how about worrying about bums (ok, ok homeless) freezing to death in Toronto? How about worrying about people drowning in Jakarta floods?

I'm all for animal rights.. but lets solve our issues with human rights first. How about it?

I do think animals have emotions, geoffrey. A more limited range than us, but they still possess all the really primal ones.

I also have a theory, Chuck, though keep in mind it is just a theory. In the same way that torturing animals can be an indicator of whether someone will be a violent criminal, I think that ignoring needless suffering of animals may be an indicator of apathy concerning the suffering of people. I'm hardly saying that we should divert tons of resource to this, but some of the problems don't need tons of resources, they just need strong voices.

Anyway, concerning food, if they want to eat cats and dogs in China, that's up to them. Even though its prejudicial, I am mostly against eating things with highly developed intelligence as a luxury food, like dolphins and such. I always think of that episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, which the Cardassian doctor who did experiments on Bajorans... Good episode. Anyway, off hand, one of the practices I'll likely always find kind of questionable is the way they cook lobster. Yes, let's throw 'em into the boiling water, alive! Yay! ;)

Awwww!!! The animal has no comprehension of emotion, it doesn't know what's happening. It's purely your emotions, and not rationality that's the trouble here.

Think about it before you speak and put a little rationality into your emotional plea.

If you ever been on a kill floor of an abbotoir that slaughters pigs , you would or rather could not make that statement.

Cows dont from what I witnessed, but pigs know that they are meeting the end.

Why do some Canadians eat baby goats and sheep. When a baby goat is being killed it sound just like a human baby. Condeming the Chinese is so easy but maybe you should visit a Canadian slaughter house, What is the difference between a baby calf, we call it veal, and a cat or dog.

Baby sheep?

WHat is a baby sheep?

Baby goats?

What on earth is wrong with a neice tender lamb chop?

What is the difference between veal and a cat or dog? Easy...nutrition.....while a dog can be raised to have a high fat content, any animal that is primarily a carnivire presents nutritional problems for humans. Calves on the otherhand are perfectly fine.

What else can a Bride wear on her wedding day, come on man, they all have to wear a "veil "

Why is a lobster being thrown in a pot so bad ? What is obscene is not having the drawn butter ready and hot when I pull the lobster out.

I have worked a kill floor. It really did not strike me as gruesome.

:)