Our Biggest Threat

PolyNewbie

Our Biggest Threat  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know :)- you know what they find in bear poop don't you? - you got it- bear bells and pepper spray

The spray works, as long as you've got the real hardcore stuff. I know first hand. I was a with a group where a few ventured out ahead of us and they encountered a momma griz and her cubs. One of them had to use their spray as the mom charged and came really close for a bluff charge. The rest of us arrived to see this bear hauling at faster than anything I've ever seen across the valley.

There's one griz near Canmore that had sore eyes for a few weeks I'm sure.

Unfortunately you can't carry a gun everywhere. And the other reality is that a bear is a monsterously huge creature. You need some serious firepower to stop a bear. And if you shoot it and it doesn't kill it dead on the spot, you've got some major issues now. That bear is going to be royally pissed off.

My sister in Canmore says that people should stay out of the bears territory.

• 3 weeks later...
My sister in Canmore says that people should stay out of the bears territory.

Then I hope she leaves Canmore tomorrow morning. Anywhere in the Rockies is bear territory, the Canmore townsite included. Someone living in Canmore saying people should get out of the bears way is a whole new level of hypocracy.

There is no reason to not be in the backcountry, people and bears can co-exist without much difficulty. Occasionally there is encounters, but most have peaceful resolutions.

Anyone who doesnt realize that g.w.moron is the biggest threat to the world is a threat themself

I am someone who voted for him and lives in the country that elected him President. While I admire Canada, he has not, and will not, subject himself to being voted on by Canadians. When Martin pointed out Bush's Canadian poll numbers, Bush correctly pointed out that he won the US polls - twice.

• 2 weeks later...

I chose the bankers as the threat with the most catalyzing outcomes. Bankers (and people with lots of money) have controlled the issuance of ALL money in Central Bank countries. Our governments of the world no longer print and coin money. Here in Canada it is the Bank of Canada. In the US it's the federal reserve. They lend the govt's money, with compounding interest, then make us, THE PEOPLE pay off this debt.

"Well hey wait a minute i dont pay any tax of that sort, my income taxes help my country". However your income taxes go to pay off this interest, not pay for your education, healthcare, roadcare, etc. Property taxes go to education and healthcare, gasoline taxes go towards the maintenance of roads, etc. If you find this hard to believe, consider when we 1st started paying income taxes, if im not mistaken it was 1934, the same year the Central Bank of Canada was introduced. The power to tax, is the power to destroy. The select few, who issue this money have absolute control over the populatio, because WE THINK our paper fiat money has value. It only has value if you accept it. Our dollars are no longer backed by the true testamanents of value: gold bullion, silver bullion, and oil. The government will no longer convert our paper money, into gold. This means it has absolutely no value. To them its a big game, but to us it could be then end of life as we know it. They want to own everything...

I chose the bankers as the threat with the most catalyzing outcomes. Bankers (and people with lots of money) have controlled the issuance of ALL money in Central Bank countries. Our governments of the world no longer print and coin money.

Wait, did your productivity create the value for the money that you say the banks are creating?

jbg:Wait, did your productivity create the value for the money that you say the banks are creating?

I'm going to answer this:

Thats exactly correct economically. The banks create it for nothing but we validate it by working for it then pay it back. Every dollar in circulation is a dollar owed to the banks in the USA. That statement applies to about 97 % of the money in circulation in Canada.

I'm wondering about the coins in the USA - they may be debt free but I do not know. Either way they are a small part of cash currency and can be disregarded when considering the economic affects of private bank debt based fiat currency systems.

geoffrey:100% propaganda. It shows again, where a little bit of knowledge does a lot of harm.

You have absolutely no where near the qualifications or experience of the people behind that cartoon. I don't care if you have a Phd and you are working as a prof in some university. Although I know that not to be the case from your arrogance.

You have absolutely no where near the qualifications or experience of the people behind that cartoon. I don't care if you have a Phd and you are working as a prof in some university. Although I know that not to be the case from your arrogance.

I'm not a PhD, but I have studied money and banking to a much larger extent then yourself and I disagree with the cartoon as a piece of political propaganda, meant to instill fear in a voting public on an issue none of them have any interest to study in further detail.

Actually geoffrey, not only are you very inexperienced and very much less qualified than the people you so arrogantly criticise but you do not even understand why an organization such as COMER even exists.

I can't believe that someone that thinks they have the qualifications to know how a massive building collapses or someone that has read a few books and some YouTube internet documentaries is saying that I'm not qualified to assess a cartoon that is designed to be a political fear mongering peice.

I've been completely fair in addressing your points, but it's getting a little out of hand. You've got some very valid questions that should be raised, but your 'facts' don't make logical sense or even add up. I really suggest that you take some real courses on money and the banking system or perhaps go to a University library and read some texts on the topic.

I've taken a brief look at COMER's thoughts, and unfortunately they don't agree with your own. And some of their assertions shouldn't be taken at face value without deeper study. Some of it is frankly wrong, such as (from their tutorials):

- (Monetarists hold that the money supply alone determines price- and just about everything else!)

- (2) “zero inflation” a perfectly flat price level was proclaimed essential.

- The entire section that Banks can loan at whim

The idea that we can just have the BoC print money to pay off the national debt has been tried before, and it results in hyper inflation.

Interest on loans represents the market value of money at the time of lending, it's time value plus some sort of margin for the lender. If money was limitless, there would be no (or very low) interest charged. But there is a limit to available lending. Banks can't just lend at whim, they have a set amount that they can lend on any given day. The competition for that lending is what determines market interest rates.

geoffrey:I can't believe that someone that thinks they have the qualifications to know how a massive building collapses or someone that has read a few books and some YouTube internet documentaries is saying that I'm not qualified to assess a cartoon that is designed to be a political fear mongering peice.

I don't think you know much about anything - arrogant people seldom do. I think the people behind COMER have a lot more experience and a lot more education than you do. I also think the cartoon is all based on fact.

The idea that we can just have the BoC print money to pay off the national debt has been tried before, and it results in hyper inflation.

It doesn't say that. No one would suggest that.

“zero inflation” a perfectly flat price level was proclaimed essential.

COMER doesn't support that so I think you are misreading things. COMER doesn't have a policy but I've never heard anyone arguing that. I think the cartoon is just illustrating that inflation can be dealt with or controlled.

The entire section that Banks can loan at whim

They can - especially since de regulation.

Moreover these bankers seem to take this pretty seriously... some things for consideration

-there is no set value on paper money, it is based on floating exchange rates

-the us dollar is worth 4 cents of what it was in the 30's after the bretton woods trade agreement

-we are now off the bretton woods trade agreement and currency is no longer backed in silver or gold bullion, the only real testament of value

-the us founded OPEC, which controls 70% of the earths oil. it standardized oil production as a commodity. it funtions like a cartel, they agree on a set price per barrel, in USD's of crude oil. this then means that non oil producing countries LIKE CHINA need to sell goods and services in USD's to get oil.

-OPEC creates an artificial demand for US currency, thus keeping it afloat.

-these bankers have held the reigns for quite some time now and dont want to speculate but....

on June 4 1963 John F. Kennedy issued Executive Order 11110. This granted the government BACK the right to print and coin there OWN money backed by silver bullion. Within 5 months 4.2 billion was released. This meant that the government issued there own money, without having to pay interest. wow doesnt that make sense? but wait that wouldn't take control away from the Fed if enough money was issued? precisely the point. 5 months later JFK was assasinated, you could say thats a coincidence but........since then the US has not issued and silver backed currency. IF THEY HAD CONTINUED CIRCULATING SILVER BACKED MONEY THERE WOULD NOT BE A 9.8 TRILLION! DOLLAR DEBT. because you see, debt is a noose and it appears we've walked right into it.

ofcourse thats just the way i picture that, seems to make sense...

- and if that wasnt bad enough, they control our entire agenda. we think we fight wars to protect ourselvs, to free children, but the truth is we wouldnt be there unless someone was trying to steal from us, or we're trying to steal from them. take a look at iraq. suddam hussein was supported and backed by american initially. they fully supported him aslong as he traded within OPEC. 6 months before the invasion of iraq, suddam hussein began selling oil in euros. this would of greatly hindered the USD, decreasing its value, and would of most likely caused many other countries to follow suit because the USD isnt backed, its loaded with debt.

- and last but not least

there are approx. 500 billion USD in circulation

+

their total debt is exceeding 40 trillion USD

= money whos value is in the deficits??

how can this become the most powerful currency? military backing. Pax Americana and the Project for the New American Century spell out what they intend to do, and what they have been doing. The us dollar is backed by its military. they have over 500 bases. military dominance is their answer. any threat to their economy they neutralize with their army...

-and just a little preminition hear, seems pretty obvious to me... china has 1 trillion worth of reserves, 70% of which happen to be in US cash or treasury loans. we already know the us dollar is virtually worthless, and china has already seemed to be picking up on that. and we also know that china wont be too happy when the USD collapses(inevitable) and besides that we also know that if the US cant even pay off its own multi trillion dollar debt, how can they pay that 700 billion? that sets things rollin for ww3.

do ne of u remember china 30 years ago, and if someone said in 2005 they would surpass the united states GDP you couldnt even imagine it. and back then if nothing had changed, it wouldnt have. the key difference is OIL. oil is what any country needs to become a 1st world nation(atleast a 2nd). Prior to the the rise of the iotallah(spelt wrong?) in iran, there was a dictator incharge. A US installed dictator, which ofcourse during the cold war, could only trade oil with capitalists. however this dictator was overthrown and once in power began trading oil to china. it all began. without iran china would still probally be the sleeping giant it was in the 70's. and now there is a Russo-Irani-Chinese pact.

now the us knows this, so logically what does it make sense to take out first, the power of the machine, or the machine itself. and thats what the us is doing. iraq, afghanistan, and more and more you hear of iran. very few know the real implications of attacking iran...