Merry Fitzmas!

Karl Rove won’t be prosecuted in CIA leak case

WASHINGTON - Top White House aide Karl Rove has been told by prosecutors he won’t be charged with any crimes in the investigation into leak of a CIA officer's identity, his lawyer said Tuesday.

Attorney Robert Luskin said that special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald informed him of the decision on Monday, ending months of speculation about the fate of one of President Bush’s closest advisers. Rove testified five times before a grand jury.

Fitzgerald has already secured

MSNBC

If you see a liberal today. Give him or her a hug. They're going to need it. :lol:

Things are not going well for Liberals, first Zarqawi is whacked, Bush makes another surprise visit to Iraq and now this. I sense a Howard Dean Meltdown in the making.. Ahhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

So he gotta away with it
Unfortunately, you're missing the point. He didn't get away with anything. He's innocent. However, it's an odd comment from you. I guess he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, he's guilty? How very liberal of you. I can't say that I'm suprised. :)

Unfortunately, you're missing the point. He didn't get away with anything. He's innocent. However, it's an odd comment from you. I guess he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, he's guilty? How very liberal of you. I can't say that I'm suprised.

yeeeahhh. No. Not charged does not equal "innocent". Quite simply, either they didn't have enough evidence to move ahead with charges or they cut a deal. Given that this investigation points to Veep's office, it's quite possible they are going to use Rove to fry bigger fish. But is Rove off the hook? Not yet.

So he gotta away with it
Unfortunately, you're missing the point. He didn't get away with anything. He's innocent. However, it's an odd comment from you. I guess he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, he's guilty? How very liberal of you. I can't say that I'm suprised. :)

Innocent untill proven guilty. To bad all those in GITMO do not get the same treatment.

Dear Black Dog,

Quite simply, either they didn't have enough evidence to move ahead with charges or they cut a deal. Given that this investigation points to Veep's office, it's quite possible they are going to use Rove to fry bigger fish.
I hardly think so. He's gotten off 'scot-free' (or is that 'Scooter-free?), and the whole thing will be a wash. Libbey will likely be found innocent due to 'lack of evidence', and the whole thing will be swept under the rug. It must be pretty filthy under there.

Unfortunately, you're missing the point. He didn't get away with anything. He's innocent. However, it's an odd comment from you. I guess he's guilty until proven innocent, and even then, he's guilty? How very liberal of you. I can't say that I'm suprised.

yeeeahhh. No. Not charged does not equal "innocent". Quite simply, either they didn't have enough evidence to move ahead with charges or they cut a deal. Given that this investigation points to Veep's office, it's quite possible they are going to use Rove to fry bigger fish. But is Rove off the hook? Not yet.

Yes, he is. He got off, let it go!

So he gotta away with it

Innocent untill proven guilty. To bad all those in GITMO do not get the same treatment.

I guess being caught on the battle field & being processed (multiple times) by military review boards means nothing? On top of that, the war is still being fought and not even actual troops (not that they qualify) are not released before the war is over.

Things are not going well for Liberals, first Zarqawi is whacked, Bush makes another surprise visit to Iraq and now this. I sense a Howard Dean Meltdown in the making.. Ahhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

RIIIGHT.

Zarcawi is whacked after how many years? While Bin Laden is still at large? This is as much of a flash in the pan as capturing Saddam. So bask in the "glow" while you can.

Bush makes a surprise visit to Iraq IN A U.S. FORTRESS. Why? Because the outside isn't secure. Not much to celebrate there either.

Now Rove isn't indicted THIS TIME. Moreover, what kind of pathetic party needs to celebrate "non indictment" -- that's the sort of thing that organized crime celebrates. You'll note that the White House isn't lauding itself for that: as incompetent as they are, they STILL have more sense than you do!

The more you talk, the more damage you do your dogma. In other words, KEEP TALKING, you open up so many cans of worms in your meat-fisted posting that you are a real assett to the middle. I just hope you don't turn off so many Americans that it swings the pendulum ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT at some future point. After all, I find Hillary Clinton's positions and politics as cynical and as ill informed as Georgie!

You've gone a bit beyond the facts, America1 (damn, I wish folks like you wouldn't embarass the rest of us abroad by linking your neocon mentality to patriotic sounding screen names - you don't even represent a majority opinion anymore, but in fact a rather pathetic minority).

Libby is still on trial, the Abramov visits to Herr Rove are a new area of scrutiny. Rove outed a CIA operative and got away with it, but Libby could still cut a deal that fries him if the heat gets to be too much. He's still at risk in the Plame case, just not in the immediate future. Then too, the Abramov bribery is another chance at winding up in the dock. If Abramov lives up to his menacing suggestions regarding the White House, there's still PLENTY of opportunity for Mr. Rove to spend some quality time in a federal prison.

So he gotta away with it

He's innocent? Just when was THAT announced?

Oh, yeah. Never.

You need a remedial course in civics too, Shady. What must our friends to the north THINK of our education system when we have the likes of you not comprehending the basics of the American legal system? Weren't you supposed to cover that in your sophomore year (of HIGHSCHOOL).

RIIIGHT.

Zarcawi is whacked after how many years? While Bin Laden is still at large? This is as much of a flash in the pan as capturing Saddam. So bask in the "glow" while you can.

Bush makes a surprise visit to Iraq IN A U.S. FORTRESS. Why? Because the outside isn't secure. Not much to celebrate there either.

Now Rove isn't indicted THIS TIME. Moreover, what kind of pathetic party needs to celebrate "non indictment" -- that's the sort of thing that organized crime celebrates. You'll note that the White House isn't lauding itself for that: as incompetent as they are, they STILL have more sense than you do!

The more you talk, the more damage you do your dogma. In other words, KEEP TALKING, you open up so many cans of worms in your meat-fisted posting that you are a real assett to the middle. I just hope you don't turn off so many Americans that it swings the pendulum ALL THE WAY TO THE LEFT at some future point. After all, I find Hillary Clinton's positions and politics as cynical and as ill informed as Georgie!

You've gone a bit beyond the facts, America1 (damn, I wish folks like you wouldn't embarass the rest of us abroad by linking your neocon mentality to patriotic sounding screen names - you don't even represent a majority opinion anymore, but in fact a rather pathetic minority).

Libby is still on trial, the Abramov visits to Herr Rove are a new area of scrutiny. Rove outed a CIA operative and got away with it, but Libby could still cut a deal that fries him if the heat gets to be too much. He's still at risk in the Plame case, just not in the immediate future. Then too, the Abramov bribery is another chance at winding up in the dock. If Abramov lives up to his menacing suggestions regarding the White House, there's still PLENTY of opportunity for Mr. Rove to spend some quality time in a federal prison.

So he gotta away with it

He's innocent? Just when was THAT announced?

Oh, yeah. Never.

You need a remedial course in civics too, Shady. What must our friends to the north THINK of our education system when we have the likes of you not comprehending the basics of the American legal system? Weren't you supposed to cover that in your sophomore year (of HIGHSCHOOL).

Keep Meltingdown.. :lol:

Meltdown? Is that the best you can do? Come ON, you can do better than that. Where are your spoon fed talking points? Where is your

I enjoy sharpening my teeth with folks like you: I'm schooled in philosophy and logic, so dealing with your kind of BS doesn't come natural. You're a freaking posterboy for dogmatic ignorance, lies, and irrationality.

Too bad I have to go to a leftist blog to practice on your mirror images amongst lefties.

Oh, and do keep your head in a dark place.

Heaven forbid you use your own eyes, or your own brain.

You wouldn't be of any use to me at all if you did that.

Meltdown? Is that the best you can do? Come ON, you can do better than that. Where are your spoon fed talking points? Where is your

I enjoy sharpening my teeth with folks like you: I'm schooled in philosophy and logic, so dealing with your kind of BS doesn't come natural. You're a freaking posterboy for dogmatic ignorance, lies, and irrationality.

Too bad I have to go to a leftist blog to practice on your mirror images amongst lefties.

Oh, and do keep your head in a dark place.

Heaven forbid you use your own eyes, or your own brain.

You wouldn't be of any use to me at all if you did that.

What's this? Anyone who feels the need to trot out his education at the slightest provocation might be feeling a little inadequate.

What's this? Anyone who feels the need to trot out his education at the slightest provocation might be feeling a little inadequate.

Damn, boy, why don't you read what I actually said regarding said education.

While logic isn't what I use to earn a living, it's NOT an asset in dealing with Johnny boy, Burnsy, and their ilk. I actually mean JUST what I said: dealing with folks who lie, distort, and get their facts bassackwards are tough for me because I don't usually have to deal with such blatant examples on a day to day basis. In undergrad, I would have been docked for even acknowledging that sort of crap. In debunking neocon falsehoods and half truths, that's a REAL liability.

I really DO want to get better at dealing with them, and I'm a bit out of practise. In this case, education in one field (logic) is a DISADVANTAGE in the other (pure retoric, fielding smears and lies, etc.) so I'm not pumping myself up, I'm admitting a real weakness.

Damn, boy, why don't you read what I actually said regarding said education.

While logic isn't what I use to earn a living, it's NOT an asset in dealing with Johnny boy, Burnsy, and their ilk. I actually mean JUST what I said: dealing with folks who lie, distort, and get their facts bassackwards are tough for me because I don't usually have to deal with such blatant examples on a day to day basis. In undergrad, I would have been docked for even acknowledging that sort of crap. In debunking neocon falsehoods and half truths, that's a REAL liability.

I really DO want to get better at dealing with them, and I'm a bit out of practise. In this case, education in one field (logic) is a DISADVANTAGE in the other (pure retoric, fielding smears and lies, etc.) so I'm not pumping myself up, I'm admitting a real weakness.

I beg to differ, you brought up your education in a backhanded way, along with the phrase you like to sharpen your teeth with folks like him. Who even uses language like that? If you care to disagree with someone, fine, but don't expect these kind of strategies to win any points.

I will give you that you seem pretty knowledgible, however. Perhaps that's why you draw out some name calling from others who have no such knowledge from which to draw.

I beg to differ, you brought up your education in a backhanded way, along with the phrase you like to sharpen your teeth with folks like him. Who even uses language like that? If you care to disagree with someone, fine, but don't expect these kind of strategies to win any points.

I will give you that you seem pretty knowledgible, however. Perhaps that's why you draw out some name calling from others who have no such knowledge from which to draw.

Close, but I really MEAN it is a weakness in politics. I'm certainly not drawing on the philo teeth. After all, look at Dukakis (sp?) vs. Bush in debate. His response to the question of his family being raped and/or killed was the correct philosophical response, but was an absolute failure as rhetoric. Logical and rational just aren't the required response in some venues. Dukakis was a fool not to feign offense at the very premise. Bush the first, while a pretty damned smart and rational guy but a weak speaker, would NEVER have fallen for that. He'd have thought about it, but not fallen for it. Bush II? I don't think he'd think about it, he'd just react from his gut. Sometimes, that's the right thing to do.

If anyone gets the chance to see that exchange in a documentary or tape, it's worth the watch: you can almost feel Dukakis put the last nail in his campaign's coffin right there and then.

Of course, I had already decided Dukakis was not competent despite his 'competence' campaign long before the debate: his inability to hold onto a significant lead over Bush demonstrated he wasn't competent.

Besides, I liked most of Bush Sr.'s positions in THAT election.

[

How did I go beyond the facts? Do you know something Fitzgerald doesn't? Oh- that's right, your'e talking out your *ss.

"pathetic minority" - can someone explain to this fool who won the 2004 election!

Shady. What must our friends to the north THINK of our education system when we have the likes of you not comprehending the basics of the American legal system?
I'm Canadian. I am one of the friends to the north. And I'm quite capable of comprehending that, when one isn't charged with a crime, it's very difficult to be guilty of it.

Dear Shady,

And I'm quite capable of comprehending that, when one isn't charged with a crime, it's very difficult to be guilty of it.
LOL. You are mincing words in your favour. By that logic, no one who does anything is 'guilty' before they get caught, so why would they ever be arrested? You are trying to substitute legal declarations for fact by implication . 'Not being found guilty' doesn't mean you didn't do it. Just ask Orenthal.

Meh. So he gotta away with it. I'm stuill satsified with knowing that, if there's a hell, Karl Rove will be there (I wonder if Satan gives clever nicknames to his minions too a la "Turd Blossom"...)

How is "Turd Blossom" clever? I guess I don't read enough lefty stuff afterall, because I've never seen this particular scatalogical masterpiece adequately explained.

Dare to dream, BD. I say, go bigger, biggest, best. Here's a luscious fantasy scenario for you:

Maybe Plame, Haditha, and an as yet to be announce scandal of equally provable pResidential responsibilty will combine in a perfect political storm to see Chimpy McHitlerburton arrested and tossed into the hellish gulag of his own making aka Gitmo! Oh, glorious day!

Dear Black Dog,
Quite simply, either they didn't have enough evidence to move ahead with charges or they cut a deal. Given that this investigation points to Veep's office, it's quite possible they are going to use Rove to fry bigger fish.
I hardly think so. He's gotten off 'scot-free' (or is that 'Scooter-free?), and the whole thing will be a wash. Libbey will likely be found innocent due to 'lack of evidence', and the whole thing will be swept under the rug. It must be pretty filthy under there.

What with all of Teddy Kennedy's empty bourbon bottles and all. Or is he a scotch man? I can never remember.