New York Proposes Crackdown on Highly Popular Gun

Well... now Democrats are pushing to ban any pistol that can be converted into a Machine gun. They are claiming that Glock should have done something about the kit that can modify their pistol into a machine gun. 

I would say this is just ignorance on their part. I mean, if you know anything about how any Semi-Automatic firearm functions, they have a sear that functions with the trigger to keep the hammer/firing pin/striker from releasing and firing the weapon. (the short version) You can modify basically ANY semi-automatic firearm to be fully automatic by messing with the sear. These are typically what you might call a runaway gun, in that once you pull the trigger, it will just keep firing until there is no more ammo.  It is a bit more complicated, but you can modify almost any Semi-Automatic firearm to function with a sear/trigger mechanism, allowing the trigger to reset the sear to stop firing once it is released. 

It is not rocket science. However, it is all illegal to convert a firearm like this already. 

The point... is that Glock has a "kit" out there, made illegally by others, that can do this because Glock is a very popular pistol. But in reality, someone could build something similar for just about ANY other Semi-Automatic firearm. 

So... is it ignorance that Democrats are trying to push this law?

I don't think so. Their attempt to justify a way to effectively ban all Semi-Automatic firearms is a deceitful charade. Even if they can pass it, I don't think this holds up in court. 

"In an unprecedented move, New York is pushing forward with legislation to ban the sale of pistols that can be converted into machine guns.    

This ambitious proposal positions New York to become the first state to tackle what many see as a loophole in gun regulation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/new-york-proposes-crackdown-on-highly-popular-gun/ss-BB1m2arn?ocid=ientp

Trump led the effort to ban bump stocks and succeeded in implementing that ban.

Because it was very popular after bump stock equipped semi-auto weapons caused the mass deaths of concert goers in Las Vegas by a mad man in a high rise hotel.

Didn't you MAGA CULT types get the memo: auto kits are bad?

37 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Because it was very popular after bump stock equipped semi-auto weapons caused the mass deaths of concert goers in Las Vegas by a mad man in a high rise hotel.

This is not an attempt to ban auto kits. They are already illegal. 

Try reading my comment, the link, hell even the title again. Maybe do a little google search of your own. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, User said:

Try reading my comment, the link, hell even the title again. Maybe do a little google search of your own. 

He doesn't care User. He has to respond in spite of reality. That's what hatred does. It blinds them to reality.

The Democrats are trying to throw their base a bone they can all chew on. Guns. It's an act of political desperation of course.

Their problem is, people recognize this for what it is. A desperate attempt to reunite the activists. To shift their focus. To give them a reason to like them again.

But it ain'-a-gonna work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, robosmith said:

Wow. You read nothing on his post.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, User said:

Apparently you don't understand that YOUR CITE says the BAN of the kit making this gun AUTO has been ineffective and therefore MORE must be done to prevent the availability of it in FULL AUTO form.

Afterall, Trump said FULL AUTO is bad to mass approval. Duh

19 hours ago, User said:

I would say this is just ignorance on their part. I mean, if you know anything about how any Semi-Automatic firearm functions, they have a sear that functions with the trigger to keep the hammer/firing pin/striker from releasing and firing the weapon. (the short version) You can modify basically ANY semi-automatic firearm to be fully automatic by messing with the sear.

Dude, think about it. They have failed to ban semi's as an entire class of guns.  That didn't work. 

BUT -  if they get rid of glocks because of this kit ...  then they can say oh we just found out ALL semi auto pistols can be modified this way and move forward banning ALL semi auto pistols. 

Then it'll be "Gosh - we just found out ALL semi auto guns period can be full auto with mods!!" 

You think they're ignorant? They are not.  They're hoping the people are. 

THey know they can't get gun owners in one fell swoop. They're just looking for a way to boil the frog. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robosmith said:

Apparently you don't understand that YOUR CITE says the BAN of the kit making this gun AUTO has been ineffective and therefore MORE must be done to prevent the availability of it in FULL AUTO form.

Afterall, Trump said FULL AUTO is bad to mass approval. Duh

You did not say it was ineffective. You said:

"Didn't you MAGA CULT types get the memo: auto kits are bad?"

Lets try this again:

On 5/11/2024 at 11:54 PM, User said:

Well... now Democrats are pushing to ban any pistol that can be converted into a Machine gun. They are claiming that Glock should have done something about the kit that can modify their pistol into a machine gun. 

I would say this is just ignorance on their part. I mean, if you know anything about how any Semi-Automatic firearm functions, they have a sear that functions with the trigger to keep the hammer/firing pin/striker from releasing and firing the weapon. (the short version) You can modify basically ANY semi-automatic firearm to be fully automatic by messing with the sear. These are typically what you might call a runaway gun, in that once you pull the trigger, it will just keep firing until there is no more ammo.  It is a bit more complicated, but you can modify almost any Semi-Automatic firearm to function with a sear/trigger mechanism, allowing the trigger to reset the sear to stop firing once it is released. 

It is not rocket science. However, it is all illegal to convert a firearm like this already. 

The point... is that Glock has a "kit" out there, made illegally by others, that can do this because Glock is a very popular pistol. But in reality, someone could build something similar for just about ANY other Semi-Automatic firearm. 

So... is it ignorance that Democrats are trying to push this law?

I don't think so. Their attempt to justify a way to effectively ban all Semi-Automatic firearms is a deceitful charade. Even if they can pass it, I don't think this holds up in court. 

"In an unprecedented move, New York is pushing forward with legislation to ban the sale of pistols that can be converted into machine guns.    

This ambitious proposal positions New York to become the first state to tackle what many see as a loophole in gun regulation."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/new-york-proposes-crackdown-on-highly-popular-gun/ss-BB1m2arn?ocid=ientp

It is RIDICULOUSLY EASY to convert a Glock to full automatic. You don’t even need any tools. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebound said:

It is RIDICULOUSLY EASY to convert a Glock to full automatic. You don’t even need any tools. 

This is precisely why this whole push is a ruse to ban semi-automatic weapons.