Muslim Rage Over Cartoon

sharkman

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muslims are way too sensitive. People make fun of Chrstianity everyday and no one kills anyone over it. They need to relax.

Not all Muslims. The problem lies with the ones from countries with very primitive cultures. They tend to view the world from a caveman, barbaric perspective.

The cure is education. However, our enemies are well aware of that. Why do you think they throw acid in the faces of young school girls?

The cure is education. However, our enemies are well aware of that. Why do you think they throw acid in the faces of young school girls?

Because they know that, education is the opium for the masses. :ph34r:

Because they know that, education is the opium for the masses. :ph34r:

No! Opium is a useful tool for such zealots. What they resist is people coming up with any ideas on their own. They believe that they already know whatever other people should know. They wish to impose their religion and more important, their culture on everyone they possibly can.

They start with their own community and country. Their goal is the entire world. Of course this means the use of violence because they are well aware that most other countries would never convert voluntarily.

They are fanatics. One should not expect rational thought from irrational people.

Not all Muslims. The problem lies with the ones from countries with very primitive cultures. They tend to view the world from a caveman, barbaric perspective.

my daughter the archeologist/historian keeps correcting me when I make such comments...a cultures is not more or less sophisticated than another, they are all equal pov/perspective is the key word here...our culture is better than another it's just different...
is that why a woman in quebec was burned in an acid attack recently? I'm sure her canadian attacker was educated...some people are just mindless arseholes and every culture has them...

my daughter the archeologist/historian keeps correcting me when I make such comments...a cultures is not more or less sophisticated than another, they are all equal pov/perspective is the key word here...our culture is better than another it's just different...

You can say that, but there are also cultures which are just incompatible with ours. That's a way of saying different, and of saying that they need to be looked at differently without moralizing. In effect, it achieves the same thing.

Those who want to say whole groups of people are worse do so because they want to feel better about themselves and denigrating others may help them in that regard.

We can be proud of our Canadian values, and we can insist that those who come here follow them without insisting that we're better. Religions, too, have to contend with the same kind of paradox - that theirs is the 'true religion' but that other peoples should be fine to follow the other ones.

You made an over-the-top claim you couldn't back up when it was challenged.

Yeah, you're not being very specific. I don't know which post you're talking about. I don't have time to respond to everyone who challenges something. Maybe it was too nitpicking, or what I said was true in some cases, not in others. Don't know, and, since you won't tell me specifically what you mean, it does not matter.

Bullshit.

25,000 Bangladeshis riot over facebook picture

seeing the reaction of the people who accept this type of response to a photo (or videos or words) is a reminder how ugly the culture of some of these people can be.

i'm also reminded everyday in how ugly our western culture can be when our governments and some of the people condone and cheer violent attacks, usually done by the military, that kill thousands of innocent people.

Edited by bud

seeing the reaction of the people who accept this type of response to a photo (or videos or words) is a reminder how ugly the culture of some of these people can be.

i'm also reminded everyday in how ugly our western culture can be when our governments and some of the people condone and cheer violent attacks, usually done by the military, that kill thousands of innocent people.

I don't remember that. I do remember some cheering when Osama bought it, which I thought was a little less than totally classy, but excusable given the circumstances.

I also don't remember the last politician who was shot for wanting to change a blasphemy law, or the last 13 year old who had to be protected from a mob who wanted to burn her to death because they thought she had blasphemed. Or the last couple stoned to death for being together. Or the last gay couple hung from a crane.

It doesn't matter what some archaeologists say. (I have one in the family and she says something completely different.)

Some cultures are better than others. Some have progressed, while others have stagnated or regressed. Some are civilized, and some are barbaric. I wouldn't go so far as to say our culture could be held up as a paragon of virtue, but by Bog, it's better than theirs.

I don't remember that. I do remember some cheering when Osama bought it, which I thought was a little less than totally classy, but excusable given the circumstances.

I also don't remember the last politician who was shot for wanting to change a blasphemy law, or the last 13 year old who had to be protected from a mob who wanted to burn her to death because they thought she had blasphemed. Or the last couple stoned to death for being together. Or the last gay couple hung from a crane.

It doesn't matter what some archaeologists say. (I have one in the family and she says something completely different.)

Some cultures are better than others. Some have progressed, while others have stagnated or regressed. Some are civilized, and some are barbaric. I wouldn't go so far as to say our culture could be held up as a paragon of virtue, but by Bog, it's better than theirs.

my point was that we have shitty things in our culture as well. we need to accept that our moral standard is lacking as well.

for example, there are people who condone and accept imperialism and military attacks while knowing that these attacks will kill civilians and bring pain and misery to people. the drone attacks in pakistan have a 2% success rate. meaning that of 100 people killed by these drone attacks, only 2 people are terrorists. our governments are okay with this and many people in the western culture are okay with this.

i'm sure there was a time when europeans also looked at crusades to be acceptable as well.

one day we'll look back in history and acknowledge the problem with our western culture where we accepted the disgusting acts of militarism and colonial savagery. our acts are directly linked to our behaviour in different parts of the world.

my point was that we have shitty things in our culture as well. we need to accept that our moral standard is lacking as well.

for example, there are people who condone and accept imperialism and military attacks while knowing that these attacks will kill civilians and bring pain and misery to people. the drone attacks in pakistan have a 2% success rate. meaning that of 100 people killed by these drone attacks, only 2 people are terrorists. our governments are okay with this and many people in the western culture are okay with this.

i'm sure there was a time when europeans also looked at crusades to be acceptable as well.

one day we'll look back in history and acknowledge the problem with our western culture where we accepted the disgusting acts of militarism and colonial savagery. our acts are directly linked to our behaviour in different parts of the world.

I think the 2% success rate has been challenged elsewhere and I don't have the data, so I won't comment on that. I did say we had problems, but we are not in the same ballpark as most Islamic cultures when it comes down to religion inspired rottenness.

I think the 2% success rate has been challenged elsewhere and I don't have the data, so I won't comment on that. I did say we had problems, but we are not in the same ballpark as most Islamic cultures when it comes down to religion inspired rottenness.

we're talking about our cultures and the moral gage.

when we accept and condone pressing buttons while knowing that innocent civilians will be killed (whether it's 98% or 50%), then our announcements on moral superiority have absolutely no weight.

we're talking about our cultures and the moral gage.

when we accept and condone pressing buttons while knowing that innocent civilians will be killed (whether it's 98% or 50%), then our announcements on moral superiority have absolutely no weight.

If the buttons were being pressed with the express and only intent of killing those civilians I would agree. But it never is.

Exactly.

When women worked alongside men in building the Sukkoh at my synagogue on Sunday no one's head was cut off.

you're no better than those who accept others killing innocent people under whatever loophole the killers present.

But I am, because I care about the loophole. Simply being pissed off at a movie is not loophole enough.