What Worries Me Most About a Trump Presidency

3 hours ago, robosmith said:

Are you unable to anticipate hypothetical consequences?

Or just prefer to ignore the possibility.

The hypotheticals have to be plausible. 

If you want to propose that Trump might say he is going to turn into Godzilla and eat nuclear reactors while he stomps on large cities... are we supposed to be worried that will actually happen and spend time worrying about the consequences?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

You can rely on predictions and I will base my decisions on what is. Problem solved. 

I'm NOT "rely on predictions." You SHOULD make your plans for ACTION based on what reasonably might happen if you do nothing. 

IF you see a reasonable possibility of a nuclear war, it would be a good idea to do something to prepare for that.

1 minute ago, robosmith said:

I'm NOT "rely on predictions." You SHOULD make your plans for ACTION based on what reasonably might happen if you do nothing. 

IF you see a reasonable possibility of a nuclear war, it would be a good idea to do something to prepare for that.

I do not think that the scenarios outlined by you are realistic. I think that you are too biased and too partisan to say anything of value. A republican could say that 3^3 = 27 and you would object. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, impartialobserver said:

I do not think that the scenarios outlined by you are realistic. I think that you are too biased and too partisan to say anything of value. A republican could say that 3^3 = 27 and you would object. 

I see. I used to believe you were rational, but now I see that your judgement is horribly skewed.

It seems your failure to plan for catastrophic events is just laziness.

4 hours ago, robosmith said:

I see. I used to believe you were rational, but now I see that your judgement is horribly skewed.

You said: "And if Trump cancels elections and refuses to leave"

How? How exactly is that a reasonable outcome to be prepared for? Trump doesn't have the power to just cancel elections or refuse to leave. No President does. 

18 hours ago, robosmith said:

By your logic.. I should be planning for an infinite number of possible, catastrophic events. I simply do not buy into paranoia. Never have and guess what? I have a great life.