New Report: The danger of puberty blockers for kids has never been more clear

2 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Because they are doing this to kids!

What's wrong with you? Kids Mike!

Mike and his kind prefer to focus on the 'trans rights' side of things and if a few kids happen to get hurt along the way, that's a sacrifice they're willing to make.

If you have to explain it to them....   i mean what can you say about that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nationalist said:

Because they are doing this to kids!

What's wrong with you? Kids Mike!

Okay, but they could still be following the Hippocratic oath and just be wrong. 

This topic is infused with so much emotion on both sides, and that's the problem. It also explains why parents lose their minds and allow this to happen. Parents would have approved this. 

Parental choice is something that everyone agrees with. In fact, it's the cornerstone of the Alberta legislation recently. Remember? 

So you have a lot of emotion, which is leading to situations where doctors and parents are making bad choices. 

And then you get regret, people who thought it was a good idea. Realize that It wasn't. 

Put the discussion out of the emotional realm and give it back to doctors and caregivers. 

But stop demonizing people, based on assumptions. Regrettable decisions, sad results... All of these things come out of any system 

Kids and parents get breast implants to look sexier also. We never heard about that, even with levels of regret. 

It's all emotion... And it's leading to looking for scapegoats and scheming monsters. Sometimes systems just fail. 

Peace.

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Okay, but they could still be following the Hippocratic oath and just be wrong. 

This topic is infused with so much emotion on both sides, and that's the problem. It also explains why parents lose their minds and allow this to happen. Parents would have approved this. 

Parental choice is something that everyone agrees with. In fact, it's the cornerstone of the Alberta legislation recently. Remember? 

So you have a lot of emotion, which is leading to situations where doctors and parents are making bad choices. 

And then you get regret, people who thought it was a good idea. Realize that It wasn't. 

Put the discussion out of the emotional realm and give it back to doctors and caregivers. 

But stop demonizing people, based on assumptions. Regrettable decisions, sad results... All of these things come out of any system 

Kids and parents get breast implants to look sexier also. We never heard about that, even with levels of regret. 

It's all emotion... And it's leading to looking for scapegoats and scheming monsters. Sometimes systems just fail. 

Peace.

I can't get over that hump Mike. They are knowingly screwing with the hormones and bodies of kids. It's sick and I'm sorry but every bone in my body screams

"Cage the bastards!"

9 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

I can't get over that hump Mike. They are knowingly screwing with the hormones and bodies of kids. It's sick and I'm sorry but every bone in my body screams

"Cage the bastards!"

I get it.  I don't blame you for being emotional either... Believe me I get emotional about policy too.  But I come here to listen and share ideas.   

Maybe I get resentful having to read the emotional outbursts of folks I disagree with politically.  I don't know.  Maybe I shouldn't and maybe I do.

But I do try to see the value in other opinions, and try to love the chuds.  This is an example where the chuds are on the left side of the social spectrum btw.  Which is why 'chud' doesn't apply solely to populists or conservatives like me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

I get it.  I don't blame you for being emotional either... Believe me I get emotional about policy too.  But I come here to listen and share ideas.   

And call people chuds and then claim insults are not productive ;) 

You haven't shared any ideas.  All you did was criticize other people and defend what you consider to be left wing ideology.

The fact is that there is no research to support the position these doctors took, so it's not just 'acccident' or being wrong. They knew they were taking a risk. And that it was not life threatening not to. That's not a mistake, that's a bad decision and in fact there's lawsuits going on over that currently.

But don't show up here - offer nothing, accuse others of 'not being helpful' when you do the same all the time calling people chuds, and then pretend you're here to 'share ideas'. You're not. You're here to defend the indefensible as best you can.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2024 at 5:07 PM, Michael Hardner said:

But insults and calling people 'monsters' isn't conducive to dialogue. 

Very hard to dialogue with someone when you see that they believe there are unlimited genders, or that a 4 year old child can "decide its gender" and be prepared or wish to make permanent changes to them, based on this. I thought I was a girl, as a child, as I was surrounded by girls. My mother was quick to remind me that I had a penis and balls.

Now with the level of affirmative care that is required, many non trans people are slipping through the cracks, and getting permanently changed, only to regret and want to reverse course later in life, as now sterile people or women with deeper voices, unable to reverse the damage, not the treatment that was don to their bodies.

When this movement moves closer to actual treatment and doing what is best for people, vs posturing politically and playing politics to advance ideology, will this be a movement where dialogue will be possible.

You can't dialogue with such people, and doing so drags you into war. Its like trying to scold a crackhead for poor manners. You're wasting your time.

Better to vote such ideas out, and let them be.

17 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

1. Now with the level of affirmative care that is required, many non trans people are slipping through the cracks, and getting permanently changed, only to regret and want to reverse course later in life, as now sterile people or women with deeper voices, unable to reverse the damage, not the treatment that was don to their bodies.

2. When this movement moves closer to actual treatment and doing what is best for people, vs posturing politically and playing politics to advance ideology, will this be a movement where dialogue will be possible.

3. Better to vote such ideas out, and let them be.

1. Yes this is exactly the problem.

2. Yes, this report will hopefully move the dialogue forward.

3. From my POV, you have to vote old ideas back IN: professionalism, dedication to care, resistance to ideology.

For our part as a public, we must kill the culture wars on this and focus on giving caregivers space for figuring things out.

5 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

For our part as a public, we must kill the culture wars

Impossible when you have parties fanning the flames of it, from either end.

Its lazy, but highly effective.

Move too far left, you p**s off the centrists and the right. They move further to the other side, disillusioned. 

You're seeing that shift in Canada. Poilievre moves too far right, and they far left will be even more extreme.

IE admitting people can be animals if they feel like it. 

Grizzly bear claw implants will be trending in 25 years. Book it.

On 4/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, CdnFox said:

While activists claim that gender-distressed youth kill themselves if denied hormones and surgeries, Cass found no evidence that this was true. This validates concerns that some transgender activists use the fear of suicide to emotionally blackmail parents into unnecessarily transitioning their children.

Between the jab-Nazis and the trans-Nazis and the abortion-Nazis it seems like there's a war against our kids. 

It's kind of ironic that leftards consider themselves to be the champions of defending the weak, but they go after children like Clifford Olson. 

1 hour ago, WestCanMan said:

Between the jab-Nazis and the trans-Nazis and the abortion-Nazis it seems like there's a war against our kids. 

It's kind of ironic that leftards consider themselves to be the champions of defending the weak, but they go after children like Clifford Olson. 

It's not irony - it's calculated.  The left thrives on the 'intersectional coalition' concept - where they pick people they can CONVINCE that they're weak and then co-opt their cause and mash it into one big ball and attack the gov't and the 'settlers' with it.

This is the moral and ethical euqivilant of trying to make a bar of soap by pressing a bunch of left over soap bar slivers together.  And it has nothing to do with the needs or the rights of the groups they co opt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Perspektiv said:

1. Impossible when you have parties fanning the flames of it, from either end.

2. Grizzly bear claw implants will be trending in 25 years. Book it.

1. Well, you can be pessimistic if you like but these wars will end at some point, and I would rather look back positively at what I did.
2. Uh....