New Report: The danger of puberty blockers for kids has never been more clear

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/adam-zivo-the-danger-of-puberty-blockers-for-kids-has-never-been-more-clear

A landmark 400-page report published in the U.K. earlier this week has confirmed that, in most cases, gender-diverse youth should not be given puberty blockers, hormones or sex-change surgeries. British policymakers are now further restricting access to these interventions and investigating the nation’s adult gender clinics, which is a wise approach that Canada should follow.

The government-commissioned report, which was authored by retired pediatrician Hillary Cass after four years of investigative work, concluded that the evidence base for transitioning youth is “remarkably weak” and that the entire field of pediatric gender medicine is “built on shaky foundations.”

While activists claim that gender-distressed youth kill themselves if denied hormones and surgeries, Cass found no evidence that this was true. This validates concerns that some transgender activists use the fear of suicide to emotionally blackmail parents into unnecessarily transitioning their children,

Oh look, we were right and the woke were wrong.  Shocking. 

Obviously it won't happen under justin but hopefully we'll get a canada wide ban in short order to protect kids against these monsters who value their woke ideals more than children's health.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

While activists claim that gender-distressed youth kill themselves if denied hormones and surgeries, Cass found no evidence that this was true. 

This is just playing identity politics.

Very hard to counter someone telling you kids kill themselves based on what you're trying to ban or control.

Its highly misleading, as youth also kill themselves after such care is administered to them. Worse even, youth decide to reverse the procedure, due to this affirmative care which makes it harder to ask questions and truly determine should certain care be administered.

All else fails, you just call them a transphobe and gleefully watch them squirm to prove they are not.

Its lazy, but highly effective. 

I should use the race card more often when pulled over for speeding. 

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

For being black? By the way, you are on camera, so be careful what you say next.

*gleefully watches officer being uncomfortable*

Not sure why NP did this as an editorial.  Seems a little cowardly to me - here's a BBC news report on it.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68786030

She calls out the toxicity of the debate - which I agree needs to end.

Case in point, the OP probably does more to stop liberal people from speaking their minds than any "woke" person:

"we were right and the woke were wrong.... monsters"

Please be a better poster, thanks.

1 minute ago, Michael Hardner said:

Not sure why NP did this as an editorial.  Seems a little cowardly to me - here's a BBC news report on it.

Oh look - the leftie wants to complain about he format instead of the issues. Quelle suprise.

2 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

Case in point, the OP probably does more to stop liberal people from speaking their minds than any "woke" person:

Really.  And which liberal specifically have i stopped from speaking their mind, Mike?  Who was that specifically?

Do you mean i call out liberals like yourself when you lie? Sounds like that's what you mean,

And once again - can't address the points, you have to try to change the channel.

Speaking of cowardly - Noting you can't even muster the balls to speak to me directly but have to try to speak to me indirectly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68786030

She calls out the toxicity of the debate - which I agree needs to end.

"we were right and the woke were wrong.... monsters"

Please be a better poster, thanks.

This is a pretty good example guys of the kind of left wing bullcrap that we've seen on Transgender youth and a number of other subject.

Note he couldn't address the points.  He complained about the info and then switched to " the only problem here is that the conservatives are toxic and the liberals are repressed".

This is why we need better laws to protect people from this kind of dishonestly and toxic behavior.

58 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

It doesn't seem like anyone is criticizing this decision, which means perhaps that the dialogue is improving.

You mean the woke have realized they can't stop it.

But insults and calling people 'monsters' isn't conducive to dialogue.  Be a serious poster if you want to post on a serious topic.

And where was this deep concern when the activists were calling anyone who dared suggest parents have rights every name in the book including transphobes and religious freaks etc etc.

They are monsters mike,  they put their own ideology ahead of the children's actual welfare.  And you're a part of that click.  And yes - it is helpful to call out people for being monsters when  they're monsters.  Would you prefer i called them Chuds, you hypocrite?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

Oh come on, their online front page is never anything but anti-Trudeau, antri-Liberal, belittle Canada editorials disguised as "news".

Like FFS they want to give puberty blockers only to people after they've gone through it completely? Surprised they didn't go off claiming to give the vax after you got Covid....

The Nazional Post

23 minutes ago, herbie said:

Oh come on, their online front page is never anything but anti-Trudeau, antri-Liberal, belittle Canada editorials disguised as "news".

Like FFS they want to give puberty blockers only to people after they've gone through it completely? Surprised they didn't go off claiming to give the vax after you got Covid....

The Nazional Post

This didn't mention trudeau, or the liberals. It didn't critisize canada .

As usual you and Mike just can't address the issue so you try to pretend that there is no problem - that the REAL problem is someone else you don't like

Oh look who's talking about addressing the issue Mr Can't Defend his own let alone remember it..

Do you know what adults are? It means they're 18+ and they've already gone through puberty by then unless they're some kind of mutant human subspecies. That is the issue.

The Guardians take on this. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/12/this-isnt-how-good-scientific-debate-happens-academics-on-culture-of-fear-in-gender-medicine-research

Tribalism, threatening and calling people inhuman... Monsters and so on.... Is the problem here. Liberalism is the answer. 

If you're a reasonable centrist, do your best to support Free speech. Our problems can best be helped by throwing light on these situations.

Any adult who prescribes hormone blockers to kids IS A "MONSTER" and deserves much worse than simply being identified correctly...

As a fcking "MONSTER".!

Edited by Nationalist

6 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Any adult who prescribes hormone blockers to kids IS A "MONSTER" and deserves much worse than simply being identified correctly...

As a fcking "MONSTER".!

I disagree.  You are presuming that the doctor had alterior motives, and given that the process is at worst controversial... it's an unfair designation.

I assume that you're trying to apply your morality as a requirement for others to follow, but we don't live in that world.

The closest common morality we have is still liberalism, classically... Live and Let Live.

5 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

I disagree.  You are presuming that the doctor had alterior motives, and given that the process is at worst controversial... it's an unfair designation.

I assume that you're trying to apply your morality as a requirement for others to follow, but we don't live in that world.

The closest common morality we have is still liberalism, classically... Live and Let Live.

At worst it's controversial? It's disgusting and yes Mike, any Dr. Who prescribes this is a Gawd Damn MONSTER.!

They belong in cages. 

15 hours ago, herbie said:

Oh look who's talking about addressing the issue Mr Can't Defend his own let alone remember it..

LOL - i defended it fine, then you tried to claim it's all the NP's fault because they attack trudeau and the libs and canada.  None of which are actually mentioned :)  ROFLMAO!!!

Kid - if you had two brains like yours you'd at least be useful for making fires by banging them together :)  

2 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

It's not unfair at all.  As noted here there's no evidence or research to support it's use or the effects so at the very least it's not 'controversial', it's dangerous.  And doctors in canada have said they're pressured to be "pro-trans" and  go ahead with these proceedures.

Experimenting with unproven dangerous medical proceedures on children unnecessarily when they are not at risk health wise is horrible. It's nazi-esque.  It harkens back to the experiments on native children in the 40's and 50's where  doctors starved kids at residential schools to learn about nutrition.

It is monstrous and its high time it was called out for what  it is.

3 hours ago, Nationalist said:

At worst it's controversial? It's disgusting and yes Mike, any Dr. Who prescribes this is a Gawd Damn MONSTER.!

They belong in cages. 

Well I explained my position. Would you care to explain yours or are you just going to express personal disgust? 

As such, there's nothing much for me to respond to if you just say that's disgusting. 

Other than I don't agree.

And Nationalist, I prefer to respond to your thoughts on your argument. I don't think it's right for other people step in and paraphrase what you think.

1 hour ago, Michael Hardner said:

Well I explained my position. Would you care to explain yours or are you just going to express personal disgust? 

As such, there's nothing much for me to respond to if you just say that's disgusting. 

And Nationalist, I prefer to respond to your thoughts on your argument. I don't think it's right for other people step in and paraphrase what you think.

You didn't explain anything. All you, the guy who usually runs around calling people chuds,  has said is you don't think it's helpful to call people names.

Honestly @Nationalist,  i don't know why we bother even trying to discuss things with this guy.  He's dishonest to an extreme.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michael Hardner said:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/detransitioned-teens-explain-why-they-regret-changing-genders/

It's disgusting. Dr.s who do this belong in jail.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You didn't explain anything. All you, the guy who usually runs around calling people chuds,  has said is you don't think it's helpful to call people names.

Honestly @Nationalist,  i don't know why we bother even trying to discuss things with this guy.  He's dishonest to an extreme.

They have to be dishonest. The truth of the matter is incredibly sick.

• Thanks 1