Jagmeet Singh backpedals on consumer carbon levy, distances NDP from support for Justin Trudeau's policy (WOAH!)

Just now, PIK said:

Today's polls say majority of Canadians say affordability is the problem. Nobody cares about CC, because of Trudeau.

No people clearly care but they're losing hope because they're exhausted. Trudeau is just one more ineffective leader in a long line of ineffective leaders that stretch back for decades and decades.

If people think affordability is the problem wait until it becomes obvious sustainability is the real issue, starting with environmental. Climate change is increasingly becoming the most consistent underlying aspect of why.

Increasing economic disparity, misinformation, conflict and breakdown of world order will surely tip the balance away from sustainability even further.

It's no wonder people feel so overwhelmed.

2 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Why? You can't refute it? You can't point to an example?  You can't even say why?

I highly doubt it in your case.

In any case, this guy says you're wrong.

Sure, you'll say so in every other case too.

4 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Only a left wing nutjob would claim that a tax worth many billions of dollars per year doesnt' make things more expensive. "Sure we pay tax on it, but that doesn't make the price go higher! Derp!"

Nobody is claiming it isn't.  That's just the T-Ball argument you've pathetically invented for yourself to battle against.  Whenever challenged, CdnFux will play make believe and debate against a phantom argument nobody, anywhere, ever made.  🤣

What's being contented is the scale and severity of the effect that you grossly, comically exaggerate, and your absolute inability and unwillingness to validate it - nothing but more of your clueless, made-up, unsupported and belligerent  bullshitting.  👏

The experts are all wrong, CdnFux says.  It's the friendly MSM media...LOL.  I applaud you for finally putting your tinfoil hat on in the open for us all to see.  

Edited by Moonbox

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

I highly doubt it in your case.

the other person's case shouldn't matter.  Either you can make your point or you can't.  It would appear 'cant' is where you're at.

Sure, you'll say so in every other case too.

I'm saying it this one - seems you don't have any argument other wise.  But once again you want it to be MY fault you're wrong :)

6 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Nobody is claiming it isn't. 

Oh look - one post in and your'e already having to backtrack on your argument.

That's just the T-Ball argument you've pathetically invented for yourself to battle against. 

Somehow whenever you have to backtrack on something stupid you've said it's my fault.  Well - you guys on the left are at least consist ant with your dishonest debate tactics  :)

Whenever challenged, CdnFux will play make believe and debate against a phantom argument nobody, anywhere, ever made.  

Sure kid  :)  

What's being contented is the scale and severity of the effect that you grossly, comically exaggerate,

Really 

Ok - what was the scope and scale precisely then? If it's been so exaggerated, why don't you tell me what the claim was that was exaggerated?

The experts are all wrong, CdnFux says. 

Well me and Jagmeet :)   And actually a lot of the other experts not paid by the libs and the left.  And the people who have to actually grow the food etc.

Sorry kiddo - you already lost this argument. We did this thread, remember where you coudln't read numbers correctly from a study paper?

Carbon tax increases inflation. Period. Thanks for playing.

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

Oh look - one post in and your'e already having to backtrack on your argument.

Not my argument - the one you made up for yourself to debate against, because you're too belligerently stupid to argue with anyone else.  🤣

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

Not my argument - the one you made up for yourself to debate against, because you're too belligerently stupid to argue with anyone else.  🤣

Your argument kiddo.  No surprise you're running away from it now. :) 

Very typical of you -  "I'M ONLY WRONG BECAUSE YOU MADE ME WRONG!!!!"  LOL! 

Carbon taxes makes things more expensive.  Sorry to break it to you.  I know math is hard  but when you take something and add something to it, it's more.

I see you gave up on that 'exaggerated claims' nonsense pretty fast too - couldn't find an example? LOL!!  Well that's what happens when you make shit up on the fly as you do :)  

Edited by CdnFox

15 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

the other person's case shouldn't matter.  Either you can make your point or you can't.  It would appear 'cant' is where you're at.

The point has been made many times over but you refuse to accept it - the same way a creationist or antivaxxer does.

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

Your argument kiddo.  No surprise you're running away from it now. :) 

Very typical of you -  "I'M ONLY WRONG BECAUSE YOU MADE ME WRONG!!!!"  LOL! 

It's funny, because you no matter how many times I explain otherwise, and the fact that you can't quote me anywhere at any time saying anything of the sort, you're still insisiting on arguing against something that only you have ever said.  🤡

Keep on debating with yourself, muppet.  

1 hour ago, eyeball said:

The point has been made many times over but you refuse to accept it - the same way a creationist or antivaxxer does.

You haven't made it even once.

And once again you don't refute my argument, i'm just "wrong because your a bad person". 

Your refusal to look facts in the face is why you failed so hard on the climate change issue.

16 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

It's funny, because you no matter how many times I explain otherwise, and the fact that you can't quote me anywhere at any time saying anything of the sort,

Literally this thread - i just pointed it out. That's what you're quoting. It's always the same thing with you - you get frustrated that you are wrong and it's all because of my post count and how long my posts are etc etc.  THere's no other reason to bring them up, and you do every time. 

Every. Single. Time.  You get frustrated, hissy fit, and it's all about my post count and how long my replies are and then you follow me around randomly taking swipes at me for a while :P   i've pointed it out dozens of times (usually before you even do it) and you've done it dozens of times.

Sorry kid.  If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd still be twice as smart as you actually are now. 

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

i'm just "wrong because your a bad person". 

You're certainly a malignant troll - a dilitente whose only interest is the shits and giggles you get from being you.

You don't have to be this way you simply choose to be.

5 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Literally this thread - i just pointed it out.

All you're "pointing out" is what you're making up.  Show us the quote, or we can safely conclude that this is just more smooth-brain Foxfantasy.  🤡

Edited by Moonbox

14 hours ago, eyeball said:

You're certainly a malignant troll - a dilitente whose only interest is the shits and giggles you get from being you.

You don't have to be this way you simply choose to be.

Awww little guy :)  The only people who think of me as a 'malignant troll" are ignorant and mal-informed leftist losers who are bitter about the fact that 10 years of their 'social experiments' have proven they were entirely wrong the whole time and they dont like that i point it out.

You keep defending things like "safe supply" and get mad when i point to massive amounts of evidence that it's making things far worse.  You keep saying you support transparency and then get mad  when i point out that we already caught justin a dozen times but you still leave  him in power. You get mad when you claim you've been "saying that for decades now" and i point out what you're talking about didn't exist decades ago.

And yes - i choose to be informed and intelligent. The question is why don't you?

12 hours ago, Moonbox said:

All you're "pointing out" is what you're making up. 

I"m not making up what you say - you're responsible for what you say .   I know that must be brutally inconvenient at times. :P .  I simply tell the truth.

Which is  why i don't feel the need to chase you around begging you to acknowledge that i'm not THAT stupid - like you do to me and you're doing right now. 

"Please! Please Mr CdnFox...  Please, it can't be my fault! I can't be the one who's stupid!  PLEASE GOD ADMIT THAT IT'S YOU SO THAT I CAN SLEEP WITH MYSELF AT NIGHT!!! :

LOL - pathetic.  Begging and whining -  and at the end of the day it's STILL you who's wrong.  It's beyond childish to blame my post count for your stupidity.  It's 1diotic to try to win arguments by twisting the meaning of words beyond recognition, or getting so mad because you misread something you posted that you have a 10 page hissy fit.

Based on your post count to me i must be one of the most important things in your life - whereas you're just something i scraped off my boot :)   Sorry for the brain damage that seems to cause you

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

I"m not making up what you say - you're responsible for what you say .   I know that must be brutally inconvenient at times. :P .  I simply tell the truth.

You're absolutely making up what I say.  That's why you can never, ever quote me actually saying it.

Instead, all we get is you pissing all over yourself with another worthless, long-winded tantrum.  🤡

Just now, Moonbox said:

You're absolutely making up what I say.

LOL - i'm not :)  I wish i could but I"m just not that good a comedy writer :)  

And i quote or point out what you say all the time and anyone can go back and look.  I just don't play your stupid sealioning game :)

I'm sure it drives you nuts. You can't argue on facts or reason so all you have is those tricks and i don't play along.

I know, i know.  You're desperately hoping i get upset at your lies.   But i won't - same as i don't if a 4 year old were to play the 'repeat after me' game.  If anything it's amusingly cute, an adult isn't going to get angry over it.  :)

LOL poor little moonbox - you just can't win can you :) 

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

LOL - i'm not :)  I wish i could but I"m just not that good a comedy writer :)  

but you are - you're just not trying to be. 🤡

1 hour ago, CdnFox said:

And i quote or point out what you say all the time and anyone can go back and look.  I just don't play your stupid sealioning game :)

Yes, they can go back and look.  So can I.  So can you.  If the quotes you're saying exist are there, you'd be able to take <30 seconds to copy and paste them in lieu of pages worth of batshit nattering on why you won't.  

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

but you are - you're just not trying to be. 🤡

Sure kid :)   i'm sure it seems like i'm that talented in your mind when you compare me to yourself but honestly it's not that impressive :)

Yes, they can go back and look.  So can I.  So can you.  If the quotes you're saying exist are there, you'd be able to take <30 seconds to copy and paste them in lieu of pages worth of batshit nattering on why you won't.  

I CAN - i just don't. Theres' no point. The only reason you ask is to constantly make people run around and post crap rather than deal with the issues.

Like i say - you can't win discussions on facts or logic, so you try these cheezy games :)

I'm sure your 'debate tactics' are extremely effective at recess on the playground, not so much here :)

We both know if you ACTUALLY thought it wasn't there you wouldn't bring it up, you'd just let people look.   So it's pretty obvious you know you're wrong and you're just desperate to try to find some way to spin it:

Edited by CdnFox

27 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

I CAN - i just don't. Theres' no point. The only reason you ask is to constantly make people run around and post crap rather than deal with the issues.

You can't.  That's why you run yourself around posting "crap" for pages and pages trying to explain why you won't prove it, instead of taking a few seconds to copy+paste and actually prove it.  

This is the sort of 10-IQ batshit stupidity that makes you comedy gold.  

40 minutes ago, Moonbox said:

You can't.  That's why you run yourself around posting "crap" for pages and pages trying to explain why you won't prove it, instead of taking a few seconds to copy+paste and actually prove it.  

This is the sort of 10-IQ batshit stupidity that makes you comedy gold.  

ROFLMAO -  Still begging and pleading that you're not the 1diot i see :)

"Please sir!!!! Please - i CAN"T be the stupid one, i'd feel so bad!" :) 

Sorry kid, you're the stupid one.  :)   You'd have to be to suggest that taxing something doesn't make it more expensive.

Sure - you tried to backpeddal and say but but but but it was EXAGGERATED!!! - But then you couldn't come up with an example of anyone exaggerating it :)

So lets get back to the topic and the facts you tried to deny shall we :) 

The carbon tax absolutely adds to inflation and the current high prices, no, nobody's exaggerating it, and yes things will be cheaper when it's gone and no, it hasn't reduced emissions by any meaningful amount.

The sooner it's killed the better.

You and your liberal buddies have failed :)

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

you just can't win can you

Says the guy who can barely concede even the merest aspects of a point.

Your fragility makes Donald Trump look like the rock of Gibraltar - you're like wet tissue paper in comparison. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Says the guy who can barely concede even the merest aspects of a point.

Cite?

Your fragility makes Donald Trump look like the rock of Gibraltar - you're like wet tissue paper in comparison. 

LOL - oh dear - sounds like we're getting into the 'I'm butthurt and lashing out' part of the discussion :) 

Easy little guy - it's just the internet.  Have a cookie.  You'll be fine. :) 

22 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry kid, you're the stupid one.  :)   You'd have to be to suggest that taxing something doesn't make it more expensive.

Nobody anywhere, ever said anything even remotely close to that.  The only person who did is you, when you were making up things to argue with yourself about.  Now we have another half-page of raving emoji spam and worthless carrying on, amounting to nothing more than:

image.jpeg.dd0b29fa2a6ce01f4d33bb4c3ee76df9.jpeg

All of this could be resolved with a copy+pasted quote, you hilarious assclown - if only that quote existed outside of your clownworld make-believe.  🤣