The Woke Mind Virus

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

start actually giving a crap instead of blaming harper for eveyrthing 

So on some level you actually do think Harper is responsible for your state of mind.  That's just weird.

I do give a crap man, get help.

5 minutes ago, eyeball said:

Who says? Some cops like wearing bodycams because they're sick of the public's mistrust and how it interferes in doing their jobs. There's nothing preventing politicians/parties from doing something similar for the same reason. All it would take is one to start the ball rolling and soon they'll all be competing to see who can demonstrate the greatest amount of transparency.  You're going to vote for the guy who promises the most secrecy?

That's basically what we have now, its called an election.

That's right. But NO cop is going to want to roll the bodycam every second of his shift. He's going to want to talk to other cops OFF camera too. What you're talking about is maximum possible surveillance of public officials, especially Republicans, since you probably believe they are the criminals. 

No, what we have now is elections WITHOUT term limits. 

23 minutes ago, eyeball said:

So on some level you actually do think Harper is responsible for your state of mind.  That's just weird.

No, i think on many levels obsessing about harper is responsible for YOUR state of mind.  but of course as usual you've been called out for your dishonesty so you just spout nonsense as a defense mechanism.

I do give a crap man, get help.

You don't give a single shit, It's more important to you to be blay acting to your grandchildren to convince them you cared than actually caring.

If you actually gave a crap you wouldn't lie so often - like pretending trudeau never was found to have committed any kind of crime or violation when you know that's not true and you woudn't defend him night and day.  And you wouldn't pretend more accountability matters when you still elect the corrupt as gov't. 

Pretty simple.

6 minutes ago, Deluge said:

That's right. But NO cop is going to want to roll the bodycam every second of his shift. He's going to want to talk to other cops OFF camera too. What you're talking about is maximum possible surveillance of public officials, especially Republicans, since you probably believe they are the criminals. 

There are things we could do to address the privacy of politicians and the problem of politicians getting cozy with lobbyists in secret. Subject the lobbying of public officials to a page from Robert's Rules Of Order where meetings that aren't recorded simply didn't happen and as such only the business arising from a recorded meeting can move forward.

The bodycam idea is really just to highlight how easy it really could be to keep politicians more honest.  But I think a lot more cameras will most certainly be an important aspect of making governments more compliant with the rules around their accountability and transparency.

Given the technology of AI human observers and witnesses - or process guardians as I like to call them - will certainly be needed as well.

1 minute ago, eyeball said:

There are things we could do to address the privacy of politicians and the problem of politicians getting cozy with lobbyists in secret.

Justin trudeau took gifts and a free vacation from a paid lobbiest in violation of the law and was found guilty of it, with the cops considering criminal charges on top, and you still support the liberals and the left.

There is NOTHING we can do until people like you agree that the only acceptable response is to destroy parties who do that. Instead of giving them another term and defending them constantly as you and your kind have

1 minute ago, CdnFox said:

No, i think on many levels obsessing about harper is responsible for YOUR state of mind.

Back to rubber and glue and projecting again are you?

Loser.

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

If you actually gave a crap you wouldn't lie so often - like pretending trudeau never was found to have committed any kind of crime or violation when you know that's not true

No he was clearly found to have violated the Conflict of Interest Act after Jody Wilson-Raybould blew the whistle on Trudeau's attempt to circumvent it.

Trudeau contravened Section 9 of the Conflict of Interest Act through a series of "flagrant attempts to influence" Wilson‑Raybould to reach an agreement with SNC-Lavalin to avoid criminal prosecution.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-wilson-raybould-attorney-general-snc-lavalin-1.5014271

There's nothing Harper did or could have done at all to prevent, catch, or punish Trudeau for what happened. You're the only one who's ever said otherwise.

Because yer a frickin' loon, a troll and a hopeless loser.

Just now, eyeball said:

Back to rubber and glue and projecting again are you?

No, you were the one who brought the cpc up, you were the one who out of the blue tried to claim they were affecting me, you're the one obsessing about how they "failed to close a loophole".   My comment was an entirely accurate reply.

the problem here is that you're feeling stupid and frustrated again and that leads you to lash out without thinking.  But that's not my fault.

No he was clearly found to have violated the Conflict of Interest Act after Jody Wilson-Raybould blew the whistle on Trudeau's attempt to circumvent it.

Sure - that one too.  But just minutes ago you demanded he'd never been charged and hadn't been caught.  So it sounds like you either lie whenever it's convenient or have the short term memory of a concussion victim

Because yer a frickin' loon, a troll and a hopeless loser.

ROFLMAO!!!!  As much as  l love moonbox's and exflyer's hissy fits, your mental meltdowns are always a special treat :)  

Telling the truth doesn't make someone  a loon or  a troll and i think we can all see that you're the big loser here :)   You make it so easy - if you learned to tell the truth it'd be 100 times harder to show you up  :)   Fortunately you're a leftie and that's not possible for you :)  

Sorry the truth befuddles you so much

20 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

you still support the liberals and the left.

This troll is the turtle on which your silly world seems to exist and without which your dumbass arguments simply don't.

I'm definitely a lefty and all that has to do with transparency is that I'd like to subject governments I do vote for to as much transparency as possible. The last thing I want is for some self-interested arseholes to get caught doing something that could result in the election of a party I don't support.

And above all else greater transparency would help dispel much of the misinformation that exists in minds like your's. Well, maybe not your's but enough that your's wouldn't matter so much.

6 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

ROFLMAO!!!!  As much as  l love moonbox's and exflyer's hissy fits, your mental meltdowns are always a special treat

Yes we all party in your mind like it was an unregulated Airbnb.

48 minutes ago, eyeball said:

The bodycam idea is really just to highlight how easy it really could be to keep politicians more honest.  But I think a lot more cameras will most certainly be an important aspect of making governments more compliant with the rules around their accountability and transparency.

Given the technology of AI human observers and witnesses - or process guardians as I like to call them - will certainly be needed as well.

Body cams are only has honest as the person wearing them. That leaves out most politicians.

Just pass notes under the table or call me from a public call box. Don't forget to delete all those emails. Stock up on innocuous brown paper bags.

18 minutes ago, eyeball said:

This troll is the turtle on which your silly world seems to exist and without which your dumbass arguments simply don't.

This troll is the turtle.

ROFLMAO - you need to go put earplugs in before your brains leak right out - they've melted :) 

I'm definitely a lefty and all that has to do with transparency is that I'd like to subject governments I do vote for to as much transparency as possible.

Why. You don't do anything about the gov't when they're found to be corrupt now. Why do you think you have any right to moar transparency?

The last thing I want is for some self-interested arseholes to get caught doing something that could result in the election of a party I don't support.

Ahhh HAAH!! :)   So you don't want transparency for the sake of holding gov'ts to account or preventing corruption - you want transparency only where it doesn't help your political enemies :)  You're FINE with the corruption as long as someone you don't like doesn't get in power  :)    

LOL - well we all knew that i think.  But it's nice that you come out and admit it.

And above all else greater transparency would help dispel much of the misinformation that exists in minds like your's.

Sorry kid. THat's just a dumb thing to say.   I can see trudeau's corrupt as hell right now with the transparency we have - i don't need any more to know the truth.

What we need is for people like you to care about corruption and doing something about it even if it means someone you don't like wins.  The Conservatives supporters DID do that.  You don't.

So you don't deserve any more transparency, and honestly you really don't deserve to vote.  So be happy with what you've got you little goblin.

3 hours ago, CdnFox said:

You don't do anything about the gov't when they're found to be corrupt now.

What are you doing besides whining about it being everyone else's fault?

Oh right, you're avoiding the fact its only the fault of the individual who's actually corrupt. It's hilarious that you keep defending him this way.

3 hours ago, Legato said:

Body cams are only has honest as the person wearing them. That leaves out most politicians.

Just pass notes under the table or call me from a public call box. Don't forget to delete all those emails. Stock up on innocuous brown paper bags.

Like I said, if the meeting isn't recorded it didn't happen and the politician can't move any business forward. 

If a public official suddenly produces things like permits for greater emissions, undisclosed tax breaks or fat government contracts that can't be traced back to meetings that included witnesses and a public record tongues will wag.

They always get caught but almost always way to late to ever do to much about it.

I'm just saying we need something more immediate and direct to contain the damage and restore/maintain public trust.

Like justice, accountability delayed is  accountability denied.

Edited by eyeball

47 minutes ago, eyeball said:

What are you doing besides whining about it being everyone else's fault?

Are you talking to the mirror - you're the guy who blamed harper.

Oh right, you're avoiding the fact its only the fault of the individual who's actually corrupt.

No, i'm rubbing that fact in your face.  You want to blame harper, whom you've said is at fault for not fixing the 'loopholes' and not passing laws that the liberals couldn't change (which isn't possible),  you blame conservatives for it and claim the poor liberals are innocent.

Now you somehow seem to feel it's MY fault.

Kid - it's got nothing to do with harper or the conservatives.  Justin is the bastard who does the corruption and it's the liberal supporters who keep him in power and reward it. Those are simple facts. And you're in that group, 

You lefties always accuse others of doing what you yourselves do  -  STOP SUPPORTING JUSTIN. Vote him OUT.  Jaggers cant help you,  may can't help you - do what you have to do to get RID  of corruption.

But as you've admitted, you're fine with corruption as long as it keeps your party in power.  You don't want accountability if it means a  party you don't like gets in.

52 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Sorry but you did.

Nope, your head imploded when I simply mocked Harper's Transparency Act for being useless at preventing or catching Trudeau's corruption. You tried to say it was actually responsible for nailing him when it was clearly Jody Wilson-Raybould. Then you blathered a bunch of really retarded hooey involving murder and how there's no law that could prevent Trudeau from doing anything he wanted. Which which begs the question why didn't he just murder JWR?

2 hours ago, eyeball said:

Nope, your head imploded when I simply mocked Harper's Transparency Act for being useless at preventing or catching Trudeau's corruption.

I laughed a lot if that's what you mean :) -  watching you dance around till you had to admit he coudln't have done anyting more and THEN realized that his changes ACTUALLY WORKED - it was his law that stopped the SNC thing from happening - that was just priceless :) Judy was following HIS LAW - that was harper's doing. 

But you insisted mutiple times again and again that it was all his fault for not passing MOAR law.

And here again - you say it would be insane to vote against the guys doing the corruption and vote in the people who 'didn't fix the loophole" -  you'd rather see the corrupt in power than someone who tried to fix things as best anyone can. I mean that was just today. People can go look at that right now.  That's what you said. It's INSANE to punish Justin by putting in the CPC who actually passed the laws that kept tripping justin up.

Your problem is you have to lie SO much to try to defend your echo chamber nonsense that you can't keep your own lies straight :)

12 hours ago, CdnFox said:

Your problem is you have to lie SO much to try to defend your echo chamber nonsense that you can't keep your own lies straight

I'll just write the opposite of what I mean then from now on. Just apply your magic lying discombobulator to it and voila, no more problem. How's that sound?

3 minutes ago, eyeball said:

I'll just write the opposite of what I mean then from now on. Just apply your magic lying discombobulator to it and voila, no more problem. How's that sound?

I don't believe you.

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHA!!!!!! :)  LOL  - somebody stop me!!! :)  (snort!)