Why Won’t Rich Republicans Loan Money to Upstanding Businessman Donald Trump? Because he's a crook.

Why Won’t Rich Republicans Loan Money to Upstanding Businessman Donald Trump?

The Republican Party is united in its belief that Donald Trump’s court-ordered financial distress is the product of Democratic Party “lawfare.” Liberal prosecutors and courts have set out to persecute an upstanding businessman, hounding him over minor or nonexistent financial discrepancies. He is being forced to liquidate his extremely solid business to pay trumped-up fines.

The conservative talk-show host Mark Levin has absorbed these complaints and earnestly raises a natural follow-up question: Why aren’t any patriotic conservative businesspeople stepping in to rescue Trump with a loan?

This is a perfectly natural response to the premise that Trump’s totally legitimate business is facing a sudden cash crunch. And yet, none of the Republican billionaires have stepped forward to loan Trump the funds to get him through this short-term crisis.

Let me propose an alternative explanation for the paradox Levin is observing: Wealthy Republicans are hesitant to extend large loans to Trump because he is, in fact, a crook. 

6.png

21 minutes ago, Aristides said:

Ivanka and Jarrod are worth over 800 million, even his family won't lend him money.

There is a difference between "worth" and "cash".

I swear those on the left are acting like rich people all have a money bin like scrooge mcduck where they just dump all their money and gold in and swim around in it or something.  If you own 1 billion in real estate that doesn't mean you have a billion dollars IN CASH handy.

In any case - why would they? It was a rediculous amount and a judge has already reduced it by about 300 million.

17 hours ago, CdnFox said:

I swear those on the left are acting like rich people all have a money bin like scrooge mcduck where they just dump all their money and gold in and swim around in it or something.  If you own 1 billion in real estate that doesn't mean you have a billion dollars IN CASH handy.

In any case - why would they? It was a rediculous amount and a judge has already reduced it by about 300 million.

If you have a billion in real estate but owe banks 500 million, you aren't worth a billion. I doubt Trump owns much outright that doesn't have loans attached to it. 

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...guess you forgot that Trump got a realistic adjustment from a realistic judge.

Meh...you never cease to get things wrong.

But he's consistent.  And that's a virtue in and of itself so well done.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Aristides said:

If you have a billion in real estate but owe banks 500 million, you don't have a billion. I doubt Trump owns much outright that doesn't have loans attached to it. 

well you'd have to make that case then. But you're not making that case.  You dont' seem  to know at all. So it's not really relevant. He might own 4 billion and have loans of 100 million for all you know.

However the case WAS made that the fact he can't come up with the CASH is proof he isn't wealthy.  And my point was quite correct -wealth and cash are not the same thing.

8 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

well you'd have to make that case then. But you're not making that case.  You dont' seem  to know at all. So it's not really relevant. He might own 4 billion and have loans of 100 million for all you know.

However the case WAS made that the fact he can't come up with the CASH is proof he isn't wealthy.  And my point was quite correct -wealth and cash are not the same thing.

He said on Truth Social that he had $500 million. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-has-500-million-in-cash-as-lawyers-say-he-can-t-post-464m-bond/ar-BB1kmlvK

So does he or is he just full of shit as usual?

Maybe if he released his financials and tax returns like every other candidate we would know.

Edited by Aristides
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Aristides said:

He said on Truth Social that he had $500 million. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-has-500-million-in-cash-as-lawyers-say-he-can-t-post-464m-bond/ar-BB1kmlvK

So does he or is he just full of shit as usual?

Ahhh - so you've realized you were wrong and kind of look stupid but rather than acknowledge that i made a valid point you'd like to try to change the channel and talk about something else.  Fair enough.

Sure. Anything can be taken out of context. One line doesn't mean much.  He says he's got the money but that it was intended for his campaign.  Well - how much of that has he already committed to his campaign? Has he purchased ad time? booked any venues? Ordered any maga hats?  He may have the money but not be able to spend it on a bond right now. He may have already committed spending much of it and if he gives the court the money he'll default on other commitments.

But you take  one sentence out of it's context and try to use it as proof that somehow he's lying in court.

At the end of the day he made the argument that the 400 plus million was a ridiculous bond. And it was.  it was punitive, not justice.  And another judge has stopped that crap and Trump has paid it. I bet he gets a reduction on the fine as well.

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Lol...guess you forgot that Trump got a realistic adjustment from a realistic judge.

The amount Trump OWES has NOT been reduced. Duh

1 hour ago, Nationalist said:

Meh...you never cease to get things wrong.

That is YOU who imagines the amount owed was reduced. LMAO

55 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Ahhh - so you've realized you were wrong and kind of look stupid but rather than acknowledge that i made a valid point you'd like to try to change the channel and talk about something else.  Fair enough.

Sure. Anything can be taken out of context. One line doesn't mean much.  He says he's got the money but that it was intended for his campaign.  Well - how much of that has he already committed to his campaign? Has he purchased ad time? booked any venues? Ordered any maga hats?  He may have the money but not be able to spend it on a bond right now. He may have already committed spending much of it and if he gives the court the money he'll default on other commitments.

But you take  one sentence out of it's context and try to use it as proof that somehow he's lying in court.

At the end of the day he made the argument that the 400 plus million was a ridiculous bond. And it was.  it was punitive, not justice.  And another judge has stopped that crap and Trump has paid it. I bet he gets a reduction on the fine as well.

It isn't out of context, it's what he said. So what if it was intended for his campaign.

Your honour I can't pay this judgement because I planned to use the money for a new car. 

The reason there is a bond is to make sure the money gets paid if Trump loses the appeal. 

3 minutes ago, Nationalist said:

The bond amount was reduced by more than half.

Yes, I KNOW. Duh

But the amount OWED has NOT been reduced, though it probably WILL.

You probably don't remember due to excess alcohol consumption, but I long ago PREDICTED the penalty amount will be reduced. The ONLY question is, by how much?

7 minutes ago, robosmith said:

Yes, I KNOW. Duh

But the amount OWED has NOT been reduced, though it probably WILL.

Yeah :)  It probably will :)  

Which is what every intelligent person said from the get go and you denied viciously :)  You're wrong again it would seem :)  

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:01 PM, CdnFox said:

There are such things as Signature Checks and Single Signer Loans...but only for good bank approved credit worthy people, you can tell Trump isn't thought of very highly as the interest rate on those is colossal, but no one loans money unless they have a surety of getting it back.  

10 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

There are such things as Signature Checks and Single Signer Loans...but only for good bank approved credit worthy people, you can tell Trump isn't thought of very highly as the interest rate on those is colossal, but no one loans money unless they have a surety of getting it back.  

There has never been a bond that high, for instance Sam Bankman Fried was 250 million dollars and his was not only criminal it was over BILLIONS of dollars. Bernie Madoff's bail was only about 10 million same thing and there were actual victims.

44 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

There are such things as Signature Checks and Single Signer Loans...

Not for bonds.

but only for good bank approved credit worthy people

Not for anyone for 400 million.  Most bond companies cap out at 100. Whcih one do you know of that doesn't.

, you can tell Trump isn't thought of very highly as the interest rate on those is colossal, but no one loans money unless they have a surety of getting it back.  

No, you can't.  All we can tell from your comments is a) you don't understand how this works,  b) you don't like trump, and c) you're prepared to be dishonest if it means you get to express trump in a negative light.

Any loan on a bond would be unsecured. In short - if someone borrowed 400 million to post bond - there would be nothing stopping them legally from simply walking away and the bank would lose the money. What lending institution ANYWHERE would do that and take that kind of risk  no matter HOW good the person's credit was?

Bail bond companies are set up to deal with this but they max out at 100 million because it's INSANE to see a bond higher than that. This was a  witch hunt. You think the judge didn't know that when he imposed the bond?

Which is why it was lowered to a more sane amount.

But yet again you show that you don't understand the legal system. Which would be fine - except you pretend you went to law school.

On 3/27/2024 at 4:01 PM, Fluffypants said:

There has never been a bond that high, for instance Sam Bankman Fried was 250 million dollars and his was not only criminal it was over BILLIONS of dollars. Bernie Madoff's bail was only about 10 million same thing and there were actual victims.

Robert Durst's bind in 2021 was $3 billion,  he was in real estate just like Trump. Kim Friedman's bond was a billion.  Trump can't claim his was " the largest in history anywhere" because once again, he lied. 

5 minutes ago, Caswell Thomas said:

Robert Durst's bind in 2021 was $3 billion,  he was in real estate just like Trump. Kim Friedman's bond was a billion.  Trump can't claim his was " the largest in history anywhere" because once again, he lied. 

robert was a CRIMINAL case - he was up for murder. And i can't even find a case for a 'kim friedman' involving that amount.

AM i going to have to explain the difference between a  criminal bond and a civil one to you? Are you still confused betwen civil and criminal trials?