Jump to content

Trump can’t secure $454 million appeal bond in New York fraud case, his lawyers say


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

I hope you all remember what is happening here because we won't and what is good for the goose is good gander.

^This is really tough guy talk for someone who's claiming he's NOT brainwashed. LMAO

Are you one of Trump's MAGA CULT goons who hasn't (yet) faced legal accountability for his role on Jan 6th?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

I'm brainwashed? You have prosecutor whose entire campaign was "getting Trump" getting a ridiculous judgement without a jury for using a law that has never been used in the way it was. Every penny of which isn't going to anyone who was "defrauded" but the state alone.

I am still trying to figure out how they came to a 385million dollar penalty for something all real estate moguls do that no one besides Letitia is complaining about.

New York changed the laws around civil sexual assault just so E. Jean Carroll could sue Trump and then you had a Democrat judge who decided even though the jury said Trump DIDN'T rape her that he really did so he gave her a defamation award for 83 million dollars just because Trump said he didn't rape her.

Alvin Bragg is going after him for something that is beyond the statute of limitations claiming he broke federal law that doesn't have a statute of limitations so he can go after Trump even though the federal government didn't go after him at all for it.

I am the one who is brainwashed though because I think this was all politically motivated because there is no evidence there, right?

In the end everyone knows once these cases are appealed the penalties will go way way down or even get completely dismissed.

I hope you all remember what is happening here because we won't and what is good for the goose is good gander.

The one thing you don't deny: Donald Trump broke the law. 

He didn't break the fraud law once, he broke it continually, many dozens of times, for over a decade. 

He didn't break the law by an arguable or defendable amount. The judge wrote that a 20% discrepancy in valuation was defensible. But the valuations were inflated by over 300%, after accounting for the premium value of the Trump name and all the other factors.  

I don't accept your argument that lying to banks is a necessity of doing business in New York and "all real estate moguls do that."

The State of New York passed a law called Adult Survivors Act, which was modeled on their prior law, the Child Victims Act. Over 3,000 lawsuits were filed under the Adult Survivors Act, so, no, it was not "just so E. Jean Carroll could sue Donald Trump."

What's more, of the $88.5 million verdicts awarded to E. Jean Carroll, just $2 million was related to the fact that Donald Trump raped her.  The lion's share of that verdict, by far, stemmed from the fact that, after Trump lost $5 million to Carroll, he continued to defame her. So the jury said to themselves, "Huh, I guess a $5 million verdict isn't big enough punishment to make him stop defaming this woman, so we need to award a much larger verdict." Now, Trump continues to defame E. Jean Carroll, and if she sues him a third time, the jury will most likely say to themselves, "Huh, I guess $88.3 million isn't enough punishment to make him stop defaming this woman, so we need to award a much larger verdict."

This is what happens to repeat criminals. The second punishment is far harsher than the first, and the third is harsher still. 

Your problem is this: You aren't asking yourself the simple question of "What the F*CK is wrong with Donald Trump that he would defame a woman the day after he loses a defamation lawsuit?", and instead and instead of blaming the criminal, you're blaming the legislature, judge, jury, and the victim. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Rebound said:

The one thing you don't deny: Donald Trump broke the law. 

He didn't break the fraud law once, he broke it continually, many dozens of times, for over a decade. 

He didn't break the law by an arguable or defendable amount. The judge wrote that a 20% discrepancy in valuation was defensible. But the valuations were inflated by over 300%, after accounting for the premium value of the Trump name and all the other factors.  

I don't accept your argument that lying to banks is a necessity of doing business in New York and "all real estate moguls do that."

The State of New York passed a law called Adult Survivors Act, which was modeled on their prior law, the Child Victims Act. Over 3,000 lawsuits were filed under the Adult Survivors Act, so, no, it was not "just so E. Jean Carroll could sue Donald Trump."

What's more, of the $88.5 million verdicts awarded to E. Jean Carroll, just $2 million was related to the fact that Donald Trump raped her.  The lion's share of that verdict, by far, stemmed from the fact that, after Trump lost $5 million to Carroll, he continued to defame her. So the jury said to themselves, "Huh, I guess a $5 million verdict isn't big enough punishment to make him stop defaming this woman, so we need to award a much larger verdict." Now, Trump continues to defame E. Jean Carroll, and if she sues him a third time, the jury will most likely say to themselves, "Huh, I guess $88.3 million isn't enough punishment to make him stop defaming this woman, so we need to award a much larger verdict."

This is what happens to repeat criminals. The second punishment is far harsher than the first, and the third is harsher still. 

Your problem is this: You aren't asking yourself the simple question of "What the F*CK is wrong with Donald Trump that he would defame a woman the day after he loses a defamation lawsuit?", and instead and instead of blaming the criminal, you're blaming the legislature, judge, jury, and the victim. 

Based on what valuation are they claiming he was guilty, tax assessor valuation isn't generally accurate, we all know this when we dispute our house valuations. Even now since Trump lost is CNN even saying that Leticia can easily sell Mara Lago for hundreds of millions of dollars while Erdogan claimed it was only worth 18 million.

There is 0 chance this fine stands and the fact the State of New York can do irreparable harm to Trump even if they lose is disgusting to say the least because if Leticia starts selling his buildings below market value all Trump will get is the money they sold it for plus 9% interest which will be a huge loss for Trump.

Even though others took advantage of the law it was done with the goading of E. Jean Carrol so she could sue Trump, paid for from a Democrat mega donor. Why did they only make it active for a single year only?

Defamation is Trump claiming innocence for a crime he hasn't been convicted of or was found liable for?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

Based on what valuation are they claiming he was guilty, tax assessor valuation isn't generally accurate, we all know this when we dispute our house valuations. Even now since Trump lost is CNN even saying that Leticia can easily sell Mara Lago for hundreds of millions of dollars while Erdogan claimed it was only worth 18 million.

There is 0 chance this fine stands and the fact the State of New York can do irreparable harm to Trump even if they lose is disgusting to say the least because if Leticia starts selling his buildings below market value all Trump will get is the money they sold it for plus 9% interest which will be a huge loss for Trump.

Even though others took advantage of the law it was done with the goading of E. Jean Carrol so she could sue Trump, paid for from a Democrat mega donor. Why did they only make it active for a single year only?

Defamation is Trump claiming innocence for a crime he hasn't been convicted of or was found liable for?

 

Mar-a-Lago has been deed restricted to operating as a private club, not as a private home, with a maximum of 500 members. Memberships cannot cost more than $200,000 initiation fee and annual dues $20,000. This limits annual income to $10 million per year. Additionally, the land has been granted a conservation easement to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which prohibits any subdivision, ever. What is the valuation of a business which is capped at only $10 million in annual gross revenue? 

Edited by Rebound
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rebound said:

Mar-a-Lago has been deed restricted to operating as a private club, not as a private home, with a maximum of 500 members. Memberships cannot cost more than $200,000 initiation fee and annual dues $20,000. This limits annual income to $10 million per year. Additionally, the land has been granted a conservation easement to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, which prohibits any subdivision, ever. What is the valuation of a business which is capped at only $10 million in annual gross revenue? 

You think way to small, annual dues don't include food, the spa and lodging. It probably makes far more than 10 million in revenue a year. Fundraising events, parties etc. Why would you think Trump would buy the place if it wasn't going to be worth it for him?

Just because the membership limit if 500 it doesn't mean those 500 hundred don't have friends and business associates that they invite to play golf or sit by the pool or get mani/pedi at the spa.

If you are invited by a member you can go to the club and pay to use the amenities.

Edited by Fluffypants
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

You think way to small, annual dues don't include food, the spa and lodging. It probably makes far more than 10 million in revenue a year. Fundraising events, parties etc. Why would you think Trump would buy the place if it wasn't going to be worth it for him?

Just because the membership limit if 500 it doesn't mean those 500 hundred don't have friends and business associates that they invite to play golf or sit by the pool or get mani/pedi at the spa.

If you are invited by a member you can go to the club and pay to use the amenities.

Most of Trump's properties LOSE MONEY.

Quote

All of this comes as Trump’s businesses are apparently under mounting financial pressure. According to the latest Times report, most of Trump’s properties lose money, and he owes $421 million in loans, much of that due in the next few years. Trump’s hotels, resorts and golf courses are struggling amid a travel rout, and while the presidency has elevated Trump’s visibility, his unpopularity may have harmed the brand.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/19/2024 at 6:48 AM, Fluffypants said:

400 million doesn't mean cash just lying around to spend on whatever, that is cash used to pay expenses by his company and they can't just wipe out their bank account. The whole system is jacked if you have to have the money to pay the judgement just to appeal, it is inherently unfair to anyone. So if he can't pay the judgement right this minute he isn't allowed to appeal the judgement? That makes no sense.

 

He had plenty of time to raise this money, and remember he "said" he already had it, so he didn't need to raise it.  Just the same, A prudent man using other peoples money ( in this case everything he's squeezed out of his followers and his cut from the pillow dude) , would have put an Ag a nest egg somewhere in case of emergency,  but apparently Trump isn't prudent with other peoples money.  Then too, he's had months notice from the Prosecution that they were seeking to put him out of business in New York...which together puts value at about $500 million...in actual value, not the ...if you will excuse the term.."trumped up amount" he should have been saving to protect those businesses from being sold to pay his debts... but once again ..he didn't.   We should be looking also at who financially advised him....Putin maybe? If it was Trump himself, which is very possible considering his attitude towards those who have helped him in the past....he has no one to blame but himself.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

You think way to small, annual dues don't include food, the spa and lodging. It probably makes far more than 10 million in revenue a year. Fundraising events, parties etc. Why would you think Trump would buy the place if it wasn't going to be worth it for him?

Just because the membership limit if 500 it doesn't mean those 500 hundred don't have friends and business associates that they invite to play golf or sit by the pool or get mani/pedi at the spa.

If you are invited by a member you can go to the club and pay to use the amenities.

A. Trump has a TON of failed businesses. Just because he does something doesn't mean it was smart or profitable.

B. He didn't buy Mar-a-lago as a business. He bought it as a residence and then couldn't afford the upkeep because his businesses were failing (see point A), so he converted it to a business and brought the resale limitations on himself.

Edited by Hodad
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hodad said:

A. Trump has a TON of failed businesses. Just because he does something doesn't mean it was smart or profitable.

B. He didn't buy Mar-a-lago as a business. He bought it as a residence and then couldn't afford the upkeep because his businesses were failing (see point A), so he converted it to a business and brought the resale limitations on himself.

Have you ever heard of a billionaire who can’t afford to pay property tax, so he turns his home into a country club and lives in it as a guest, while people drive in and out all day and night? 
 

Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Oprah don’t rent their mansions out to guests and run their home as a business so they can afford to pay their tax bill.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rebound said:

Have you ever heard of a billionaire who can’t afford to pay property tax, so he turns his home into a country club and lives in it as a guest, while people drive in and out all day and night? 
 

Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Oprah don’t rent their mansions out to guests and run their home as a business so they can afford to pay their tax bill.  

It's like the premise for a sitcom. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rebound said:

Have you ever heard of a billionaire who can’t afford to pay property tax, so he turns his home into a country club and lives in it as a guest, while people drive in and out all day and night? 
 

Bill Gates, Elon Musk and Oprah don’t rent their mansions out to guests and run their home as a business so they can afford to pay their tax bill.  

Most billionaires don't continually skirt the law cause they have too much to lose. Seems like Trump doesn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 11:52 AM, Fluffypants said:

Based on what valuation are they claiming he was guilty, tax assessor valuation isn't generally accurate, we all know this when we dispute our house valuations. Even now since Trump lost is CNN even saying that Leticia can easily sell Mara Lago for hundreds of millions of dollars while Erdogan claimed it was only worth 18 million.

There is 0 chance this fine stands and the fact the State of New York can do irreparable harm to Trump even if they lose is disgusting to say the least because if Leticia starts selling his buildings below market value all Trump will get is the money they sold it for plus 9% interest which will be a huge loss for Trump.

Even though others took advantage of the law it was done with the goading of E. Jean Carrol so she could sue Trump, paid for from a Democrat mega donor. Why did they only make it active for a single year only?

Defamation is Trump claiming innocence for a crime he hasn't been convicted of or was found liable for?

 

If Trump doesn’t post bond tomorrow, he forfeits appeal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Fluffypants said:

He can still appeal, he doesn't have to pay to appeal, he does however has to have the money to appeal and stop the states collection efforts.

Irrelevant. Because this little dick has only one legal defense strategy: DELAY.  
One they collect his money, he’s lost it because there is no defense to the fraud he committed.  
 

Attacking the judge and his law clerk and their families won’t win an appeal. 

Edited by Rebound
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2024 at 8:52 AM, Fluffypants said:

Based on what valuation are they claiming he was guilty, tax assessor valuation isn't generally accurate, we all know this when we dispute our house valuations. Even now since Trump lost is CNN even saying that Leticia can easily sell Mara Lago for hundreds of millions of dollars while Erdogan claimed it was only worth 18 million.

There is 0 chance this fine stands and the fact the State of New York can do irreparable harm to Trump even if they lose is disgusting to say the least because if Leticia starts selling his buildings below market value all Trump will get is the money they sold it for plus 9% interest which will be a huge loss for Trump.

Even though others took advantage of the law it was done with the goading of E. Jean Carrol so she could sue Trump, paid for from a Democrat mega donor. Why did they only make it active for a single year only?

Defamation is Trump claiming innocence for a crime he hasn't been convicted of or was found liable for?

 

James has NO INCENTIVE to, and will NEVER sell the buildings below market value.

Market value IS what buyers are willing to pay AND what they sell for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2024 at 6:37 PM, robosmith said:

James has NO INCENTIVE to, and will NEVER sell the buildings below market value.

Market value IS what buyers are willing to pay AND what they sell for.

Yes she does, the less the price she can sell the more she can take also if she starts selling them and it turns out the price was close to his valuations it makes her look really bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fluffypants said:

Yes she does, the less the price she can sell the more she can take also if she starts selling them and it turns out the price was close to his valuations it makes her look really bad.

You don't even know HOW MUCH WORK is involved in selling large expensive buildings. 

That's why Trump can't use them for COLLATERAL. Duh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robosmith said:

You don't even know HOW MUCH WORK is involved in selling large expensive buildings. 

What does any of that have to do with what I said in the first place?

Her whole world is destroying Trump, if you don't believe me look at her campaign. Her entire campaign was prefaced on getting Trump.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fluffypants said:

What does any of that have to do with what I said in the first place?

Because it is a huge disincentive to selling assets to collect the money owed.

Just now, Fluffypants said:

Her whole world is destroying Trump, if you don't believe me look at her campaign. Her entire campaign was prefaced on getting Trump.

Really? Post it HERE.

Preface is NOT "WHOLE." Duh

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Tell a friend

    Love Repolitics.com - Political Discussion Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      10,751
    • Most Online
      1,403

    Newest Member
    Betsy Smith
    Joined
  • Recent Achievements

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...