Trudeau wants us to know he feels his pain

https://torontosun.com/news/national/goldstein-trudeau-wants-us-to-know-he-feels-his-pain

“I think about quitting every day. It’s a crazy job that I’m doing. Sacrifices on a personal level … If I didn’t doubt what I do almost every day, I wouldn’t be human.”

He describes the job of being Canada’s prime minister as “super tough” and “challenging.”

But as for quitting? No way, Trudeau says.

“I couldn’t be the man I am and give up the fight at this point

Is the man you are a pretentious and narcissistic b*tch with sociopathic tendencies and an exaggerated sense of entitlement?  if so i could see that :)

At this point we're really past the point of no return timing wise for the liberal party. It takes about 2 years for a new leader to go through all the transition steps and be ready for an election on average and that assumes you aren't trying to run the country while you're at it.  And it takes about 6 months to pick a leader if you rush it.  We're about 17 months away from the election give or take a few weeks.

There would be no time to pick a new leader and for that person to get ready for an election while still running the country. Ask Kim Campbell about that.

"All of this brings to mind the musings attributed to French emperors Louis XIV  —  “L’État, c’est moi” (“I am the state”) —  and Louis XV — “Après moi, le déluge” (“After me, the flood”) — in the 17th and 18th centuries."

nailed it

Ottawa is Versailles

although it was the House of Bourbon which founded Canada on 22 June 1603

so once British Canada was erased, it apparently reverted back to its French Imperial origins

3 minutes ago, Dougie93 said:

"All of this brings to mind the musings attributed to French emperors Louis XIV  —  “L’État, c’est moi” (“I am the state”) —  and Louis XV — “Après moi, le déluge” (“After me, the flood”) — in the 17th and 18th centuries."

nailed it

Ottawa is Versailles

although it was the House of Bourbon which founded Canada on 22 June 1603

so once British Canada was erased, it apparently reverted back to its French Imperial origins

Yeah, none of that is relevant or terribly interesting. Thanks for playing.

I honestly don't think he believes he's going to win but there's no one to replace him so the party isn't pushing and at the end of the day even if the chances are a million to one that's still better than zero.

In the meantime the libs will get as much money into the hands of their friends as they can to get back in the form of donations during the 'quiet years' in the wilderness. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

Yeah, none of that is relevant or terribly interesting. Thanks for playing.

I honestly don't think he believes he's going to win but there's no one to replace him so the party isn't pushing and at the end of the day even if the chances are a million to one that's still better than zero.

In the meantime the libs will get as much money into the hands of their friends as they can to get back in the form of donations during the 'quiet years' in the wilderness. 

I don't think he needs to win

the Liberals have successfully altered the culture itself to be a proxy for their dogma

every institution in Canada is a proxy for the Liberals

you can't vote them out, culture is destiny

9 hours ago, Dougie93 said:

I don't think he needs to win

the Liberals have successfully altered the culture itself to be a proxy for their dogma

every institution in Canada is a proxy for the Liberals

you can't vote them out, culture is destiny

I hate to agree with you, but having been to Hong Kong (experiencing the pre and post crackdown era), I can see precisely what you're talking about.

I.E Chinese crack down on Hong Kong. One of the first changes, was strongly implementing the language of the motherland (Mandarin) to be taught in grade school, to the more popular Cantonese. Heavy handed investment went into this. On the surface, this is just bringing about pride of the country you're living in. Anyone who can read between lines, sees precisely what is being done.

You destroy a person, by starting at their language. Their sense of identity. Their roots. Of course, you will be met with resistance, but eventually that population segment will die off. Its about planting seeds, and watching them take root.

We literally are teaching kids a new gender language that is based on identity politics vs actual science and biology, that is the epitome of this.

So those seeds are planted young. A panic, about the state of the planet. Victimhood (or a need for government intervention).

Those seeds will come to fruition, once the kids are older, and Trudeau can pride himself of having considered the long term, regarding the implementation of his ideologies.

You control their minds, you control their bodies.

I'll be either long dead, or long out of Canada with several other businesses overseas before we start seeing more San Francisco like s*** shows north of the border.

If I'm to be subjected to this, I don't think I could, without lawful ownership of a firearm.

12 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

I hate to agree with you, but having been to Hong Kong (experiencing the pre and post crackdown era), I can see precisely what you're talking about.

I.E Chinese crack down on Hong Kong. One of the first changes, was strongly implementing the language of the motherland (Mandarin) to be taught in grade school, to the more popular Cantonese. Heavy handed investment went into this. On the surface, this is just bringing about pride of the country you're living in. Anyone who can read between lines, sees precisely what is being done.

You destroy a person, by starting at their language. Their sense of identity. Their roots. Of course, you will be met with resistance, but eventually that population segment will die off. Its about planting seeds, and watching them take root.

We literally are teaching kids a new gender language that is based on identity politics vs actual science and biology, that is the epitome of this.

So those seeds are planted young. A panic, about the state of the planet. Victimhood (or a need for government intervention).

Those seeds will come to fruition, once the kids are older, and Trudeau can pride himself of having considered the long term, regarding the implementation of his ideologies.

You control their minds, you control their bodies.

I'll be either long dead, or long out of Canada with several other businesses overseas before we start seeing more San Francisco like s*** shows north of the border.

If I'm to be subjected to this, I don't think I could, without lawful ownership of a firearm.

indeed, this is what a Communist takeover looks like

the Marxist Utopians led by their Leninist revolutionary vanguard essentially hollow your society out from within

they employ ideological subversion principally by indoctrinating the young in order to incite a revolution

and you can't vote that out, it is not subject to democracy

Communists are by nature academic intellectuals, so they operate through the education system

they indoctrinate and recruit a "revolutionary student vanguard"

these students will then take to the streets to incite chaos as needed

to the point where even the police & military are insufficient to restore order

the Liberals haven't even been voted out yet, but the mobs are already taking to the streets

expect that to go exponential if/when the Conservatives win the election

every institution in Canada is going to revolt against the Conservatives on behalf of the Liberals

in a relentless campaign which will go on and on until the Conservatives are forced to capitulate

59 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

He should think even more about quitting.  If his poll numbers don't get better over the rest of the year his party is going to force him to quit.

No, they're not.  In fact - they'll be hoping he doesn't.

As i noted in other threads the time for him to quit has pretty much come and gone for 2 reasons.

1 - there's not enough time before the next election. A rushed leadership race still takes 6 months to happen and you need more like 2 years to get ready for an election - 1 year is really really too short.  And that's if you're NOT also having to run the country on top of it.  If you want an example of how badly it can go when you try to replace the leader without sufficient time look no further than kim campbell.  There's only 17 months till the next election starts give or take a few weeks, and that's not enough time and that time grows less each month.

and the BIG reason is -

2 - There is NOBODY who wants the job.

What kind of loser would want to jump in right now knowing they won't have time to get ready and will almost certainly lose? The liberal brand is so damaged, and they'd have to be prime minister till the election so they'd wear every single bad thing that happened. And the liberals ALWAYS toss someone if they lose, there's no mercy there.  So they will not find ANYONE who wants to run for that and if they do it'll be some third teir loser who is more likely that even trudeau to wind up kim cambelling the party.

No, they're pretty much stuck with trudeau.  They tried like hell to pressure him to step down all last fall - practically daily stories in the paper saying he should, and there were signs of pressuring from within the party, but that car is now over the cliff and he'll have to ride it to the end.

31 minutes ago, CdnFox said:

No, they're not.  In fact - they'll be hoping he doesn't.

As i noted in other threads the time for him to quit has pretty much come and gone for 2 reasons.

1 - there's not enough time before the next election. A rushed leadership race still takes 6 months to happen and you need more like 2 years to get ready for an election - 1 year is really really too short.  And that's if you're NOT also having to run the country on top of it.  If you want an example of how badly it can go when you try to replace the leader without sufficient time look no further than kim campbell.  There's only 17 months till the next election starts give or take a few weeks, and that's not enough time and that time grows less each month.

and the BIG reason is -

2 - There is NOBODY who wants the job.

What kind of loser would want to jump in right now knowing they won't have time to get ready and will almost certainly lose? The liberal brand is so damaged, and they'd have to be prime minister till the election so they'd wear every single bad thing that happened. And the liberals ALWAYS toss someone if they lose, there's no mercy there.  So they will not find ANYONE who wants to run for that and if they do it'll be some third teir loser who is more likely that even trudeau to wind up kim cambelling the party.

No, they're pretty much stuck with trudeau.  They tried like hell to pressure him to step down all last fall - practically daily stories in the paper saying he should, and there were signs of pressuring from within the party, but that car is now over the cliff and he'll have to ride it to the end.

The next election is almost 2 years away.  There's lots of time.  Chretien resigned in Nov 2003 and there was an election in June 2004.  Of course Trudeau could stay on if he really wanted but if he looks like the party will lose government why would he?  The party would bounce him in the leadership review after the election loss.

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

He should think even more about quitting.  If his poll numbers don't get better over the rest of the year his party is going to force him to quit.

They would need to get a sacrificial lamb to sit in place for an utter routing.  I don't know who would be willing to put their name in the history books that way.

27 minutes ago, Michael Hardner said:

They would need to get a sacrificial lamb to sit in place for an utter routing.  I don't know who would be willing to put their name in the history books that way.

I'm willing to become Prime Minister and Liberal Party leader if Trudeau steps down and run in that election if they want to call me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlight Graham said:

The next election is almost 2 years away.  There's lots of time.

There is no time. Sorry.

Chretien resigned in Nov 2003 and there was an election in June 2004. 

And one of the most powerful and popular gov'ts was reduced to a bare minority. It was a disaster.  Paul Martin was well known, hugely popular, very experienced, and he still got slaughered by harper and then the liberals never recovered till trudeau. It destroyed paul martin's career.

So if that's your example....

Of course Trudeau could stay on if he really wanted but if he looks like the party will lose government why would he?  The party would bounce him in the leadership review after the election loss.

Money - and the party is probably telling him to so he'll want to be on good terms with them for after he's done.

What the party will expect is that pp will win, and they'll get 4 years to do a leadership convetion, spend years getting ready for the next one while people forget about trudeau.  Then they'll have a shot.  In the meantime they're happy to stay in power as long as they can.